Circuit City closing sales - what deals did YOU get?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953
Re: Circuit City closing sales - what deals did YOU get?

Post by eagle5953 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:37 pm

cowsgoquack101 wrote:I don't support it wholeheartedly
Which means, "It bothers me, but that doesn't stop me from doing it."
cowsgoquack101 wrote:it's not like I go out of my way to steal
Translates to, "I don't steal for a living."
cowsgoquack101 wrote:I just needed some earbuds
Which is why you stole them...
cowsgoquack101 wrote:they were in a bin in the back of the store
Does not make it OK to have stolen them (irrelevent)...
cowsgoquack101 wrote:Yes, it's wrong
Glad you recognize that.
cowsgoquack101 wrote:I always feel bad about it
Which means you still have something resembling a conscience...
cowsgoquack101 wrote:I still don't think it's as serious as everyone makes it out to be
Is how you rationalize your negative feelings for doing that which you know is wrong.

After working in retail, I know realize how much cost theft adds to a product:
- the actual amount lost
- the amount paid to people to watch out for theft (store-level Loss Prevention)
- the amount paid to people to manage theft (company-level Loss Prevention)
- the amount spent on preventing theft (security devices, etc)
- the amount paid to account for theft (inventorying)

Compare this to the amount paid for the item by the store, and the percentage difference is what is added to the price before profit is even taken into account.

These costs all get passed on, ironically enough, to those who don't steal. Thanks a lot, buddy.

cennar

Post by cennar » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:27 pm

wow suck up nonsense... ok THE STORES gOING OUT OF Busness sales... obvouisly copulate all right? cool done. Also theres no circut city in canada.

thats friggen it I'm not posting a dam thing till I make a new portable... STALE. I clam STALE on this.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:04 pm

cennar wrote:wow suck up nonsense... ok THE STORES gOING OUT OF Busness sales... obvouisly screw all right? cool done. Also theres no circut city in canada.
Do either of these thing make any difference? No. They still need to get some of the money that they paid for the stuff back and pay back their debts.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:47 pm

I still don't see it as being as big of a problem. All I took were some ear pieces to the headphones, big woop.

Any who, I used my shopping basket to LEGALLY purchase a copy of Gears of War and a year of xbox live :)

Twilight Wolf
PSN Username:MySegaSaturn

Post by Twilight Wolf » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:56 pm

I think what they're trying to tell you is that theft is theft, no matter what spin you put on it, and that it's a bad thing to do. Hell, I felt bad just pirating a copy of Nero, so I deleted it from my computer.
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:04 pm

Twilight Wolf wrote:Hell, I felt bad just pirating a copy of Nero, so I deleted it from my computer.
One thing that I wouldn't feel that bad about. At least it's not a physical copy of something. If I had any intention of buying something (and can afford it), I buy it. I have never shoplifted like kid rock has suggested that people do instead of downloading music (he actually meant it).

cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:51 pm

I know this I'm just trying to tell you my side of the argument. I was just getting a little uppity about the whole, theft as bad as murder thing.
-Hayden

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:56 pm

cowsgoquack101 wrote:I know this I'm just trying to tell you my side of the argument. I was just getting a little uppity about the whole, theft as bad as murder thing.
-Hayden
Nobody ever said that it's as bad as murder.

cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:05 pm

nevermind1534 wrote:
cowsgoquack101 wrote:I know this I'm just trying to tell you my side of the argument. I was just getting a little uppity about the whole, theft as bad as murder thing.
-Hayden
No, but it's how you're making it out to be.

We should get back on topic. I'd hate to hijack a thread about circuit city deals and make it about stealing.

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:11 pm

cowsgoquack101 wrote:
nevermind1534 wrote:
-Hayden
No, but it's how you're making it out to be.
No, We were just saying that you can't justify it or make it right. And that it's not something to be bragging about.

cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:33 pm

I KNOW THIS AND I WASN'T BRAGGING.

Moving on please.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:27 am

Definition of theft is to "permanently deprive someone of something", so copying software or downloading it isn't "permanently depriving" as the original is still intact and unaffected (as long as you don't use its activation code), and if you had no intention to buy the software (especially if it doesn't do what you are led to believe it does) then there is no loss on something that hasn't been permanently deprived or would have gained revenue anyway. So, don't feel guilty Twilight Wolf! (any more than singing "Happy birthday" to a relative or humming along a tune or whatever). This is however as long as you obtain the software strictly for own use, haven't paid for it and not passing it on. This therefore becomes an issue of copyright, especially if you don't torrent it; not theft, which is a different thing entirely. Taking something material, is permanently depriving, is theft in all senses of the word. Anyway...
eagle5953 wrote:quick MS Paint mockup:

Not very familiar with the Turbographx, so I apologize for any blatent errors.

Another thought: if you are vacuum-forming the case, it would be fairly easy to have the black bat shape raised a bit from the yellow face. Schweet!
I'm not familiar with the Turbo Grafx either, but it has some good games, like the best (IMO) Galaga going; links to television by composite (so fine) and uses small game carts - the console looks fairly small too - although not seen one yet alone opened one up yet. Bought it yesterday, will come Monday.

Thanks for pic, however, if I make this, the shape would need to be more like Image and would be the internal bat only not with an oval or round surround; also would need to be small so the screen looks large and the sides not too big so as to look out of proportion. Will need planning! I have a few ideas, but putting on hold to get on with other projects first! :D

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:24 am

bacteria wrote:Thanks for pic, however, if I make this, the shape would need to be more like Image and would be the internal bat only not with an oval or round surround; also would need to be small so the screen looks large and the sides not too big so as to look out of proportion. Will need planning! I have a few ideas, but putting on hold to get on with other projects first! :D
I thought you might go that way - it'll be a good deal more difficult, but more power to you when you pull it off! Using the other Batman design would make more sense (if you didn't want the oval), as there is more internal room for the same dimensions (fewer extraneous projecting plastic parts).

I always liked the idea of larger screens - it does make the portable look smaller. Bigger buttons do too.

Idea: put the card slot between the bat's ears. It would then be easy to insert and remove cards without looking out of place.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:22 am

Nice idea with the card slot, if practical.

Old logo would be far nicer to hold, a more sensible shape and more identifiable. When I was a kid I watched Batman and Robin (the original caped crusaders), that was their logo at the time. Don't like the Frisbee look, much prefer just the logo. The screen mobo can be reduced and take up most of the "TM" in Batman logo, handhelds on sides, etc. Just a case of working it all out and making a clay mold to fit.

Crikey - I have many, many projects on the horizon!

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:54 am

bacteria wrote:Nice idea with the card slot, if practical.

Old logo would be far nicer to hold, a more sensible shape and more identifiable. When I was a kid I watched Batman and Robin (the original caped crusaders), that was their logo at the time. Don't like the Frisbee look, much prefer just the logo. The screen mobo can be reduced and take up most of the "TM" in Batman logo, handhelds on sides, etc. Just a case of working it all out and making a clay mold to fit.
Thanks - hope the card slot works there.

I didn't know that there was an older 'old logo.' To me:
old logo: Image
new logo: Image

I guess I'm just too young to remember... :D

Would you include the "Batman" text across the portable, or would the mere shape be recognizable enough? And what are you thinking on color - matte black, I assume?