Circuit City closing sales - what deals did YOU get?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp
Re: Circuit City closing sales - what deals did YOU get?

Post by bicostp » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:29 pm

bacteria wrote:
cennar wrote:i shop lifted a palm pilot
Shoplifting is deplorable, there is no excuse for blatant theft. It is not cool or justifiable.
That may be true, but I don't think Circuit City employees give a crap anymore. :lol:

Besides, who shoplifts Palms? Pocket PCs are a hell of a lot better. :P

EDIT: I do not condone shoplifting.

gamecube6

Post by gamecube6 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:32 pm

bicostp wrote: EDIT: I do not condone shoplifting.
Just in case that was not clear... :lol:

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:47 pm

Eh, I bought myself and a friend a each a shopping basket for $3.

Also, shoplifting from the store now isn't as big of a deal. Also, I stole some skullcandy headphone ear pieces. :wink:

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:35 am

Of course it is just as big a deal. Don't try and justify theft, cowsgoquack101; you are a thief by your own admission. "shoplifting from the store now isn't such a big deal" rather indicates this isn't the first time you have shoplifted or considered it.

I see a lot of shoplifters in my work, under arrest, and most of them are junkies stealing to pay for their next fix, or kids in with a bad crowd, or have no morality.

cennar

Post by cennar » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:41 am

nevermind1534 wrote:
cennar wrote:i shop lifted a palm pilot

Who even wants one anymore?

Anyway, you're a terrible person.
your probley right, but still it called to me. have you even seen palms around any more? the last one I managed to get was equily usles. I'd argue its a survival tecnuqe. I should steal more food to make that argument valid in any way. But some places, like the one that came from, really do need it. *Kids at home never steal or do any thing Cennar is doing... Hes kind of all over the place, lacks balance, he desperately wants to find a way out of the hole hes been digging.*
If you knew me you would know I'm a nice guy who worries way to much. Kind a quiet too, well unless I'm sick of some thing then I speak right the copulate up.
bacteria wrote:Of course it is just as big a deal. Don't try and justify theft, cowsgoquack101; you are a thief by your own admission. "shoplifting from the store now isn't such a big deal" rather indicates this isn't the first time you have shoplifted or considered it.

I see a lot of shoplifters in my work, under arrest, and most of them are junkies stealing to pay for their next fix, or kids in with a bad crowd, or have no morality.
sounds like you hate, HATe, HATE your job at that gas station.

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:16 am

cennar wrote:
bacteria wrote:Of course it is just as big a deal. Don't try and justify theft, cowsgoquack101; you are a thief by your own admission. "shoplifting from the store now isn't such a big deal" rather indicates this isn't the first time you have shoplifted or considered it.

sounds like you hate, HATe, HATE your job at that gas station.
Lol, as I recall, bacteria is a cop cennar. :P
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

cennar

Post by cennar » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:06 am

oh we totally cant be friends... GAS STATION. wow really? well I can't not be out spoken about things.

and hey before you all get the wrong Idea. I do think there is a use for cops, just not any I can think of. we should have more firemen and stuff less cops. just a better world with out cops lawyers politicians and what not. As for the military... There just has to be a better use of having that many tools in one place.

oh I should mention a place that sells clothing to thrid/forth world nations at a profit should lose as much money as I can make them. End of debate.

What else is on sale at circuit city? Not soft ware or games so much. What about in canada whats going on with the source license? are they going to change up again? the Gismo, formally the source formally ratshack.

also your English, I like the no weapons thing wile your on patrol.
(rather like the brits+sexy acents and swear words)
Over here there are far tomany lethal incounters. Like the famous cop that keeps ending up in the news for curpt and crazy stuff. once for DUI the second a drug scandel and now on paid leave for killing an old guy with a tazer. Can't wait for him to get back, polish immigrants lost at Van international watch out! cus with all the wierd stuff happening over here for 2010 I can't imagine it gets any better before it gets worse. the last thing I stole before the Palm was I think a fabreze bottle as I was wasted in a 711 and started a full out fabreze war with some of its clearks, forgot to leave it behind... ops!

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:32 am

Yes, I work for the Police in the UK, front-line uniformed Police staff. I am sure if you come to my part of the UK sometime cennar I will have the chance to "show you to your room" in one of our Custody cells.... :lol: It will be interesting to see how the inside of one of our cells compares to the ones you are used to.... :lol:

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:40 am

I very much prefer to know our police officers are armed. I realize that it is not often that they need their sidearms, but in the rare instance, it is reassuring to know it is there.

Wow, Bacteria, a member of law enforcement AND a portablizer extraordinare? Now that is impressive. I suppose a policeman who does his own gadgets is about halfway to being Batman (not yet a vigilante or rich playboy - but you can work on that). :lol:

And now every time I read one of your posts, it will sound like Christian Bale with a British accent. Great. :)

And, yes, shoplifting is wrong, even if it is a lame Palm and it's just the remnants of a failed business. For shame. And not for nothing, I now doubt that your story is even true. A little research shows that PDA to be a Palm m130:
- released in 2000 (remember the N64?)
- 160 x 160, 16 bit color screen
- 33 Mhz processor (one tenth that of PSP)
- 8 MB of RAM
- Palm OS 4.1

Unless your tale is from years back, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a thrift store to steal that from! No way did Circuit City have a Palm that old!

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:10 am

At this point, Circuit City people are part of the last ghost crew. They just want a last few hours of time and a half pay before the store closes. Now, when the liquidation agency comes, look out; They WILL catch you. :wink:

And I think his story is somewhat plausible, when CompUSA was closing last year, they found two copies of windows 2000 in the back and had them on the shelves. Could easily be an old return/refurb nobody bought.

Leave to to Cennar to steal the most worthless thing in the store. :lol:

Cool that you are a policemen of sorts, Bacteria; The batman analogy is seconded. :wink: Before I got into portables, I was into building weapons based on electricity; Ultrasonic knife, Stun guns, Tesla knives, Electromagnetic coil guns (Up to two phase), stuff like that. A big shock one day gave me second thoughts on that hobby, but I can help you outfit yourself with mostly-not-deadly weapons :wink: if needed.

I agree

Excellent

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:52 am

Actually, the Image reference has another similarity to me - think of Batman's butler, without whom Batman could not function - his surname is Grayson, same as mine! :P Image :P That surname was also a Sheriff in the USA who brought in "Tom Dooley", who had a bounty on his head, according to an old song - again, law enforcement!

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:14 am

Actually, now that you mention it, there was a point just a few years back when I was working at Wal-Mart, and we found and sold some old N64 games that had fallen behind something in the back. I think it was 5 copies of Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 or 3. They quickly sold at $17, so go figure.

Perhaps you got the Palm off one of the employees... :lol:

Bacteria, I now dub thee "Bat-teria" - now you need to do a Batman portable! Actually, the Batman logo, with its rounded ends, would be fairly comfortable to hold. Huh.

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:42 am

Holy smoke, eagle5953, not a bad idea - Image

Think I may well do that - it will certainly make quite a stir on sites like Engadget! However, it will have to wait until after I do a few other projects first. Just bought a Turbo Grafx console and a couple of games, might use that in a Bat-able - game cards are small after all, so can concentrate on making the case "batty".

Hey, how about coming up with some designs to whet my appetite?? :wink:

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:45 am

quick MS Paint mockup:

Not very familiar with the Turbographx, so I apologize for any blatent errors.

Another thought: if you are vacuum-forming the case, it would be fairly easy to have the black bat shape raised a bit from the yellow face. Schweet!

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:19 pm

Hey, just to clarify my thoughts on stealing:
I don't support it wholeheartedly and it's not like I go out of my way to steal, I just needed some earbuds and they were in a bin in the back of the store. Yes, it's wrong and I always feel bad about it, but I still don't think it's as serious as everyone makes it out to be.

In other news, my store is now selling off the shelves and kiosks in the store.