So I bought a PS3...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod
Re: So I bought a PS3...

Post by jones » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:25 am

bcopping wrote:Jones,

Killzone2 is pretty friggin awesome. The demo is really good but very short! But I keep playing it because the AI is always different and very good. The sound is impeccable, I have a left channel, centre, right channel & sub and this game (and others) convinced me I need 7.1 sound! This has 7.1 quadraphonic uncompressed sound - how's that for nerdy!

I bought Bioshock for ps3 but haven't played it yet because the demo freaked me out :shock:

I try not to get hyped about games until I've played into it but Killzone2 is very good. This weekend is Bioshock for me and Fallout3, I have to restart that to get the trophies and I want to become a mean bastard. Blow Megaton. My friend said it was one of his favourite moments in gaming.
Nice! I'll have to see if I can take advantage of the Euro account 'sploit you mentioned so I can get a crack at the demo.

And yes, BioShock has more than a few creepy moments. The first time a Big Daddy shows up was one of the more unsettling moments in a game for me. I could only hear it and had no idea where it was for about 10 seconds. Freaky, but awesome!

I suppose I should give Fallout 3 a spin again one of these days. Maybe I can actually get into it this time...

XPCportables

Post by XPCportables » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:44 pm

Oh yes, I just got done playing the Killzone 2 demo, and It was incredible. I know it's not about the graphics, but this thing is truly incredible. In some aspects like the incredible amount of dynamic lighting, it gives games like Crysis a run for their money. It's absolutely gorgeous. And all of that pretty doesn't come at the expense of fun. The gameplay isn't groundbreaking, but it doesn't need to be. It's one of the better shooters I've played, and all of the little details that Guerrilla included make just watching your enemy die incredibly satisfying.

I used the European PSN account deal to get it. It's really painless.

Twilight Wolf
PSN Username:MySegaSaturn

Post by Twilight Wolf » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:29 am

Well, I discovered recently that a PS3 game I was very much looking forward to is coming out much sooner than expected: "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection," according to Sega.com, will be available tomorrow. 40 Sega Genesis games, all in 720p, and trophy support, all for just $30? Count me in!

Hopefully I can pick this one up soon, but I'm gonna use cash; that Wal-Mart gift card I've still got is dedicated to getting me a copy of "Bioshock."

It is a multi-platform game, by the way, for those of you with a 360 and no PS3.
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.

bcopping

Post by bcopping » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:55 am

Twilight Wolf wrote:Well, I discovered recently that a PS3 game I was very much looking forward to is coming out much sooner than expected: "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection," according to Sega.com, will be available tomorrow. 40 Sega Genesis games, all in 720p, and trophy support, all for just $30? Count me in!

Hopefully I can pick this one up soon, but I'm gonna use cash; that Wal-Mart gift card I've still got is dedicated to getting me a copy of "Bioshock."

It is a multi-platform game, by the way, for those of you with a 360 and no PS3.
Yeah I saw that too! $30 though...I'm sure I'll cave though :wink: Bioshock is sweet, I'm glad it came to PS3. I just got to the point where you have to make a decision regarding Little Sisters....I haven't continued because I'm not sure which will give me the better experience....any pointers?

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:15 pm

Hey, $30 is a lot cheaper than $60 for a brand-new game. Hopefully I can pick it up next time I'm in town.

Also, I finally bothered to dig up the Bluetooth headset that came with my copy of "Warhawk." I've had it for over four months now... hopefully I'll get it set up tonight. I can be a lot more of a help in "Team Fortress 2" now.
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

jones
Compound Intelligence

Post by jones » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:17 pm

bcopping wrote:Yeah I saw that too! $30 though...I'm sure I'll cave though :wink: Bioshock is sweet, I'm glad it came to PS3. I just got to the point where you have to make a decision regarding Little Sisters....I haven't continued because I'm not sure which will give me the better experience....any pointers?
The game actually has two different endings depending on what choice you make with regards to the Little Sisters. So it gives you a great excuse to play through the game twice!

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:35 pm

I thought it would be worth mentioning that I should be picking up a copy of "Bioshock" for my PS3 later today, along with a copy of "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection" for the same console if I can find it. That means I'll be crossing two PS3 games off of my "To Get" list, and I'll finally have an excuse to use that $40 Wal-Mart gift card I got! Yay!
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

m_lovitt

Post by m_lovitt » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:20 pm

Army of Two (and be sure to download the extended missions... for free)
Tattoos, the only thing I collect that I dont have to pack up when I move.

bcopping

Post by bcopping » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:23 pm

I've been addicted to BioShock but today my Promo Press copy of Killzone 2 came! Awesome! Definitely check it out :)

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:27 pm

I'm way too cheap to buy a PS3 (or any new console, for that matter). Right now I'm trying to find an XBOX.

jones
Compound Intelligence

Post by jones » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:27 pm

bcopping wrote:I've been addicted to BioShock but today my Promo Press copy of Killzone 2 came! Awesome! Definitely check it out :)
I downloaded the demo and have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed. It is impressive to look at, but the gameplay is a bit lacking in my opinion. Also the level in the demo seemed poorly designed as it wasn't always intuitive as to what you were supposed to do next. Hopefully the actual game is much better.

bcopping

Post by bcopping » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:37 pm

jones wrote:
I downloaded the demo and have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed. It is impressive to look at, but the gameplay is a bit lacking in my opinion. Also the level in the demo seemed poorly designed as it wasn't always intuitive as to what you were supposed to do next. Hopefully the actual game is much better.
Yeah the area in the demo wasn't the greatest but provided a taste. The real fun comes from putting the difficulty up a notch and the A.I. uses cover & flanks that much more. It seems to be picking up pace now after the first level and a bit are done.

I'd definitely check it out though :)

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:04 pm

Well, I did manage to get myself copies of both games last night!

I was rather perplexed at first when the Wal-Mart clerk didn't ask if I was 17 or had parental consent when I bought "Bioshock," considering its "M"-ratedness and all, but my Dad was standing right next to me, so he probably saw him and thought "Eh, his dad's with him, so it's probably fine." I had to stop by another Wal-Mart to pick up "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection," though.

Either way, I'm not sure when I'll start on them, considering that buying them keeps reminding me of the $100 worth of Craigslist stuff I have to figure out how to store and I'd like to get that taken care of before too long.
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

jones
Compound Intelligence

Post by jones » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:28 pm

Maybe the clerk just figured that BioShock is so awesome that everyone should play it regardless of age. :)

Also, I will have to give that Killzone 2 demo another run just to make sure I didn't play through it at an off time. I still need to crack open Resistance 2 though, so I won't be needing anything new anytime soon.

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:04 am

jones wrote:Maybe the clerk just figured that BioShock is so awesome that everyone should play it regardless of age. :)
Maybe, but last I heard from him, the newest console he owned was an N64.

Either way, I can't wait to try it out. It looks like a game I'd really enjoy.
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.