[FS] Portable Consoles For Sale

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:50 pm

Agreed.
All of their other news is pretty interesting though.
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:53 pm

Car Battery != Portable

These arn't real portables. Just Car screens tacked onto the preexisting console.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:12 pm

portables?

LOL!

thank you so much for posting this, i needed a good laugh!

*walks away chuckling to self*
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:38 pm

palmertech wrote:I am amazed by the constant, never ending stupidity of Engadget.

Seriously, a monkey could do a better job documenting mods than them. What experience do they have? They should get someone on the staff to write about mods that actually has experience/familiarity with this kind of stuff.
I hate engadget. Simple as that. Mostly I hate the commenters; they are worse than youtube ones almost!

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:46 pm

yeah, half the time a portable is featured on engadget, the comments are ike "whats the point?', or "I could do better with my hand tied to a horse's butt!"

Oh, and nice "portables" lol.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

Xteaph-N

Post by Xteaph-N » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:31 pm

Ah, the reaction I suspected. Though it wouldn't take genius to figure out you wouldn't be satisfied with this. So here are some pictures as the PS3 as well as a newer video taken in the glorious day time.

BTW who care if I bought my screens you buy psone screen's and mod those. There are enough tutorials to the point where you don't need much knowledge to make things run off the screen. This is why it pisses me off so much when your beloved Ben buy's his screen's with video in. But when a new guy wants to do all this stuff to I'm forced to carry a cross.

Cite:

http://www.aeicomp.com/LCD_Modules.asp? ... 20Monitors

Most have Video In/VGA.

Dark-Aries

Post by Dark-Aries » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:37 pm

Dude, it's a car battery with a crappy Zenith screen hooked up. AMAZING!

Now lets shove that in my backpack, oh wait how will I see anything, umm...

It's redundant, and nowhere even near portable. Any person could of done what you just did. Now mod the Ps3 into a lappy, then sell it, well now it's portable and actually useably without needed somebody to carry the car battery, somebody to carry the ps3, somebody to carry the screen in front of you and yourself to play the actual damn thing.

Xteaph-N

Post by Xteaph-N » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:46 pm

I've been calling it portable, because I thought you people would have enough common sense to assume it's a laptop. Is it not obvious by looking at it? Also look at what I put:

Xteaph-N wrote: PS3 Laptop: 599 USD
You people act as if I am trying to prove something, when I am not. I'm just selling stuff. Stop acting like silly kids.

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:52 pm

please no more trolls, the guy is trying to conduct business, stop being jerks

Now recommendations, no one is going to buy something they cannot see as feasible, We all know that your cheap, but cheap doesn't always sell, also think about the consumer, just because you don't care much about asthetics, doesn't mean nobody else does, think about business, not money, money is a by product of business
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

Turknatr12
360 GamerTag:turknatr
Location:Richland Center, Wisconsin, USA, North America, Earth

Post by Turknatr12 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:52 pm

Hahahahaha This is hilarious! hehehe how can you be serious!!!!! hahaha!!! this is incredible, why don't you take that portable ps3 on the bus to preschool with you? what??? IT WEIGHS 50 LBS???? hahahahahaha!!! This is so bad its hilarious ! Thank you so much I am no longer going to commit suicide because there are always people like you to make me seem better!!!!

HAHAhahahahaHAHAHA!!!!!!

EDIT: I'm NOT really going to commit suicide or never thought about it, but maybe he should!!!!!!

HAHAhahahahahahahaha!!!!!
"Look at you, flying through the air majestically, like an eagle piloting a blimp."
http://www.youtube.com/user/RMSJaggers?feature=guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Xteaph-N

Post by Xteaph-N » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:03 pm

Thank you for proving my point further. This is silly what you are saying. I am being told to be more realistic, when I get posts like:
Turknatr12 wrote:Hahahahaha This is hilarious! hehehe how can you be serious!!!!! hahaha!!! this is incredible, why don't you take that portable ps3 on the bus to preschool with you? what??? IT WEIGHS 50 LBS???? hahahahahaha!!! This is so bad its hilarious ! Thank you so much I am no longer going to commit suicide because there are always people like you to make me seem better!!!!
No
Dark-Aries wrote: It's redundant, and nowhere even near portable. Any person could of done what you just did. Now mod the Ps3 into a lappy, then sell it, well now it's portable and actually useably without needed somebody to carry the car battery, somebody to carry the ps3, somebody to carry the screen in front of you and yourself to play the actual damn thing.
I already should you how you where wrong.
schmellyfart wrote: modded to run on batteries?? You just plugged a battery pack in! The ps1 doesn't need to be modded!

I would hardly consider these true portables, all you did was plug in a screen batteries and a controller. Almost no modding whatsoever.
:roll:
Nobody said anything about a mod.
SonyPortableizer wrote:Looks like a tv
I bet it is too
I bet its a PS3 as well
I bet its a battery the size of a trash can
and a scam the size of manhattan
Guess not

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:26 pm

Guess so.
I can fake it all myself. you dont see the actual wires connecting.
All you could have done is attached jumper cables to a battery, had them go where the camera can see them. The power cable;e goes in, and people think its from the battery.
Until I see a clean picture of JUST the stuff where its all clearly readable of what is what I still call you a fake possible scammer.
I dont care, its just what I feel. ANd you may not care either, I just dont want someone to get scammed

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:28 pm

I can see that as a business, this is probably legit.

But why would someone pay you $250+a Wii to plug it into a screen that is $60 on ebay, and plug it into a $40 battery pack? Even a normal person with no real electronics skills can do this. In fact, the local laptop battery shop here will make an external battery pack for laptops, and guess what? They have the wii power connectors! I can buy a professionally made, ENCLOSED, not falling into pieces battery pack that can run the wii for 2+ hours, and this screen+case, for only $170, then spend less than 5 minutes pushing the parts into the matching shapes to make it work. Why should people pay you $250 for that?

Your wii and PS1 portable, and to a lesser extent the PS3 "portable" are probably very fun for you to make. Another toy you may find interesting is one of these babies, will probably keep you occupied for hours:

It is pretty amazing, you start with a bunch of random parts, and you can use your awesome skillz to make it into one thing! Normally, these go for about $20, but I bet if you put them together for people, you could sell them for at least $40, saving them the immense amount of effort required to do it themselves. :lol:

Also, posting a link to a forum where people are selling credit card numbers? I guess we know which side of the internet you hang out on. :roll:

Excellent

Turknatr12
360 GamerTag:turknatr
Location:Richland Center, Wisconsin, USA, North America, Earth

Post by Turknatr12 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:36 pm

palmertech wrote:I can see that as a business, this is probably legit.

Another toy you may find interesting is one of these babies, will probably keep you occupied for hours:

It is pretty amazing, you start with a bunch of random parts, and you can use your awesome skillz to make it into one thing! Normally, these go for about $20, but I bet if you put them together for people, you could sell them for at least $40, saving them the immense amount of effort required to do it themselves. :lol:

Also, posting a link to a forum where people are selling credit card numbers? I guess we know which side of the internet you hang out on. :roll:
HAHAhahahahahaahaha!!!

Who goes somewhere with a suitcase consisting of a car battery a ps3 and a 5" screen to play it on????? They probably have outlets there, plus I know he would sell THIS for AT LEAST $100 including car battery and 5" screen!!!!!

"Look at you, flying through the air majestically, like an eagle piloting a blimp."
http://www.youtube.com/user/RMSJaggers?feature=guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:38 pm

palmertech wrote:Also, posting a link to a forum where people are selling credit card numbers? I guess we know which side of the internet you hang out on. :roll:
Earlier that day
"Its a scam the size of manhattan"

Come on, anyone else agree with me?