Another Wii Portable, Wii Bawks.

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

factor

Post by factor » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:23 pm

Mario wrote:
factor wrote:
Mario wrote:
factor wrote:
Mario wrote:Those are awesome speakers! Where'd you get them?
I got it when I was in USA. Maybe in Target, Wall-Mart or Best Buy. They're called iHome and cost around $10.
Hmm, cool.

How did you attach a hard drive?
I'm not attaching the hard drive, but just connect it via usb. Yeah, it's pretty simple. I hope one day the wii could take the advantage of the hard drive, and hopefully there will be a iso loader, so you could have 80GB of wii games inside of the console =).
Well, yeah, I know it's through USB. But does it work?
Yes, it works.

Mario

Post by Mario » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:37 pm

How?!? Can you give us a tutorial? Please?

It seems that everybody thinks this is not possible. :?

factor

Post by factor » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:19 am

Mario wrote:How?!? Can you give us a tutorial? Please?

I think you got confused. The HDD doesn't work right now using the wii. However if some hackers release an application which you can use the usb ports for storage, then it may be possible to use it.

I added a switch that can be used to change the usb host. So, if there is "so called application", you could use the hard drive with the wii.

If you want to connect the HDD to a computer, you just connect a usb type b cable to the port.

PS: Yeah, sorry if you don't understand what I just told you. I need to practice my English skillz =3

xerocalibur

So...

Post by xerocalibur » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:44 pm

factor wrote:
Mario wrote:How?!? Can you give us a tutorial? Please?

I think you got confused. The HDD doesn't work right now using the wii. However if some hackers release an application which you can use the usb ports for storage, then it may be possible to use it.

I added a switch that can be used to change the usb host. So, if there is "so called application", you could use the hard drive with the wii.

If you want to connect the HDD to a computer, you just connect a usb type b cable to the port.

PS: Yeah, sorry if you don't understand what I just told you. I need to practice my English skillz =3
So, in effect, you HAVE NOT modded your wii to accept any sort of hard drive. That's the truth, right? ~_~

Mario

Post by Mario » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:58 pm

Yeah, he's just including it in case it becomes usable.

Grandmasterjimmy
PSN Username:PeglegJimmy

Post by Grandmasterjimmy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:48 pm

It is usable, but only by homebrew. There's a number of homebrews that can use USB HDDs. Though I doubt Nintendo will ever let us use them for storage.

Mario

Post by Mario » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:49 pm

Grandmasterjimmy wrote:It is usable, but only by homebrew. There's a number of homebrews that can use USB HDDs. Though I doubt Nintendo will ever let us use them for storage.
:shock:

Links?

tom61

Post by tom61 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:31 am

Mario wrote:
Grandmasterjimmy wrote:It is usable, but only by homebrew. There's a number of homebrews that can use USB HDDs. Though I doubt Nintendo will ever let us use them for storage.
:shock:

Links?
FCEU is one: http://code.google.com/p/fceugc/

I still need to homebrew enable my Wii...

factor

Post by factor » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:32 am

Yup, the HDD is unusable with the Wii right now. However, you can connect a USB cable to the Wii and use the HDD using a computer. Like having a portable 80gb HDD. I will also add the feature to remove the HDD. So if you have a bigger HDD 2.5" IDE, then you can use it.

As soon as I get a good camera, I'll keep this project with updates. I think I'm going to take a "break", because my finals exams start this week.

tom61

Post by tom61 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:20 pm

Oh yeah, a probably useful homebrew with USB support would be mplayer. I saw on a Youtube video a version of mplayer for Wii that had a menu option labeled "Play from USB (slow)". I don't know what version that was, as there seem to be many mplayer for Wii compiles.

Killer_Rabbit

Post by Killer_Rabbit » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:23 pm

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Snes9x_GX
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Visual_Boy_Advance_GX
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MPlayerWii

I don't know for sure if they work with hard drives, but I've personally used MPlayer with a 16GB USB flash drive, and it worked. So the hard drive should work if it's normal USB Mass Storage and if it has been formatted in Fat32.