Xbox 360 WVI (handheld) - Youtube Video Added

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

NixonTech2071

Post by NixonTech2071 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:37 am

Beginners should do this before they jump off the wagon with full projects only "senior" portablizers would possibly understand, however, you still have that one book ben made, go figure...
I cant hack yet... But I can help with "LazyMods"!!!

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:39 pm

Looks very nice, good work.

BioNex

Post by BioNex » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:39 pm

I was wondering, can that thing connect to any xbox or is it designed for that x box? i dont know that much about wvi and i wanted to learn.

Sun-Wukong

Post by Sun-Wukong » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:03 pm

Damn... That's one smexy portable, and surprisingly small for a 360.

Nice work, techknott. Also, good thinking using a Dualshock D-Pad instead of the crappy 360 one.
Last edited by Sun-Wukong on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chapel wrote:Ah shucks, I was really hoping to make an SNES encased in a 19 pound glob of hotglue and duct tape. :lol:

Exdeath

Post by Exdeath » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:48 pm

Very genius work, I must say. Maybe I should try something like this for PS3 ;)

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:34 pm

Sun-Wukong wrote:Damn... That's one smexy portable, and surprisingly small for a 360.

Nice work, techknott. Also, good thinking using a Dualshock D-Pad instead of the crappy 360 one.
its not a 360, its just a wireless interface for one.

Sun-Wukong

Post by Sun-Wukong » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:54 pm

grossaffe wrote:
Sun-Wukong wrote:Damn... That's one smexy portable, and surprisingly small for a 360.

its not a 360, its just a wireless interface for one.
Oh... Well, that would make much more sense considering the size. Either way, nice work on everything else about it.
Last edited by Sun-Wukong on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chapel wrote:Ah shucks, I was really hoping to make an SNES encased in a 19 pound glob of hotglue and duct tape. :lol:

edward472

Post by edward472 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:37 pm

Are you going to be building more? I would love to get one. Or at least post a guide?

techknott

Post by techknott » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:24 pm

Yes I will be building another soon. Just have a few other things to do first though.

The lettering was done via metal-photo. Its a similar process to anodising.

shadthehedgehog

Niiice

Post by shadthehedgehog » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:30 am

Aguiluz wrote:Well, if you can put your console in a backpack with batteries, then we have liftoff.

Very good idea! :P
Heh, a car battery perhaps? Gonna take quite a bit to power that thing, My Xbox 360 blew a fuse in my PC room, or maybe its my dad's PC that caused it, it's a monster, 3.2 GHz Quad Core, 5 GBs DDR2 Ram, 2x 1024 MB GeForce 8600s running in SLI, you get the idea.

In any case, great hack man. How about some step by step instructions? ;)

SoccerSkater93

Post by SoccerSkater93 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:33 pm

That's amazing! Can't believe no one thought of this sooner :lol:
I'm really interested in this so any guide would help ;)
"Legend--and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second part of the word is--DAIRY!"

SoccerSkater93

Post by SoccerSkater93 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:11 pm

Or a quick materials list would be PERFECT.
I have some friends interested in this, and if I threw in a 7in widescreen I could make some decent money (but the screens are a little pricey but worth it I think) :D
"Legend--and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second part of the word is--DAIRY!"

schmellyfart
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Post by schmellyfart » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:37 am

[rant] Guys, Its not that hard to figure out what he used and how he did it. And stop asking for guides, we can't hold your hand for every portable you attempt. Nearly all the information you need for this WVI is in this thread. And the same thing goes for any type of portable, all the inforamtion is here for you in stickied and non-stickied threads -you just have to take the time to read through it all. Trust me, this stuff will make a lot more sense once you read. Im not trying to scare the new guys away or be mean, just use common sense people. [/rant]

Okay to answer Soccer Skater, he used batteries, a case, an xbox 360 controller, a wireless a/v transmitter and receiver thingy, and a screen.

SoccerSkater93

Post by SoccerSkater93 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:10 am

schmellyfart wrote:[rant] Guys, Its not that hard to figure out what he used and how he did it. And stop asking for guides, we can't hold your hand for every portable you attempt. Nearly all the information you need for this WVI is in this thread. And the same thing goes for any type of portable, all the inforamtion is here for you in stickied and non-stickied threads -you just have to take the time to read through it all. Trust me, this stuff will make a lot more sense once you read. Im not trying to scare the new guys away or be mean, just use common sense people. [/rant]

Okay to answer Soccer Skater, he used batteries, a case, an xbox 360 controller, a wireless a/v transmitter and receiver thingy, and a screen.
Yeah last night I looked up all materials and got them lined up :)

Freakin_Ninja

Post by Freakin_Ninja » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:25 am

That's really sweet!
Couple questions: From what I've looked at, I can't figure out whether the WVI receiver runs off it's own batteries or what?
And did you just use a regular wireless 360 controller or something else? Because the wireless 360 controller only has a 30ft range so do you just play within that range?