GC component cable

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

WhatULive4
GC component cable

Post by WhatULive4 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:14 pm

Has anyone been able to find one for a decent price? I just upgraded to a 42" lcd from a crt and I can barely stand to play ssbm anymore. Seems like all the auctions you ebay go for over $60. It's hard to justify that on such an old system. Especially when you can buy used gamecubes here for 30.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:54 am

Ebay is just about your only hope and they sell for $50-$60 there for the last 5 years.

But they are worth it :)
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:22 am

You can probably make your own if you can find a cable with all the pins on the connector.

http://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id= ... ndomultiav

However I think you might as well make (or find) an S-Video cable instead. At 640x480, it should give you a nearly identical picture.

You might be out of luck on the component video connection anyway, since that cable plugs into the digital AV port, which was apparently removed form the Gamecube in 2004.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:12 am

...or make up a SCART.

I am sure he can get an old GameCube from someone here. I have three, all have the port you mention; however I need two or all three of mine for projects; and anyway, I live in the UK so it is PAL. The GC units only cost a few quid anyway (a few bucks), so cheap.

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:33 pm

I do have an older gamecube with the digital av out on it. I've been searching pawn shops and used game stores for the last week and still no luck (found one for my ps2 for $2 though).

I think I might just bite the bullet and go for an expensive ebay one. Either that or get a wii.

As for SCART, I don't believe I have ever even seen that before. I don't believe it is popular in North America.

If I could find a wiring diagram to make my own I would give it a shot, but even the connector seems fairly proprietary.