MGC 2009 - Great show, once again!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

SpongeBuell
MGC 2009 - Great show, once again!

Post by SpongeBuell » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:24 am

Well folks, it's official. This year's Midwest Gaming Classic will be at the same place as always, the Olympia Resort and Conference Center in Oconomowoc, WI. Of course, that doesn't matter as much as the Ramada Limited in Waukesha, WI. That, my friends, is where the BH parties shall be. I assure you folks, every year has been as epic as you can imagine. I'll do what I can to be as involved as possible once more in planning this (I think those that have gone before can vouch for my abilities in that :) ) but I think we'll wait until a little closer to the date. In the meantime, we'll have to celebrate its renewed existence :)

Oh, and of course, we'll have our traditional dinner at Chipotle, as well as (hopefully) a nice session of smoking some meats or something at some point or another.

Flight Information
For those planning on flying and would like a ride from me, please let me know ASAP. Right now really is the best time to buy, airfares are at an all-time low, and I'd like to coordinate things to combine trips if possible. I can also help with finding decent prices.

Hotel Information
For everyone looking to stay at the Benheck group suite this year, please let me know ASAP via PM so I can get the numbers figured out. If we get about 10 people this year, like we did last year, it'll run about $32/person for BOTH NIGHTS.

For safety, I reserve the right to refuse to anyone (mainly those that only have a handful of posts... I'd like to keep this to people that are well-known and trusted). If you're not sure if you'd be allowed or not, and you want to go, don't be one bit afraid to ask!

Confirmed (or close to it) people in the BH suite:
cowsgoquack101
eagle5953
G-force
lifeisbetterwithketchup
marshallh
Metallica Man X
Neildo_64
Rekarp
samus
skyone
Sparkfist
SpongeBuell
squintus
Triton

People that attended last year: (Many of which will likely return)
SpongeBuell
Triton
G-force
gannon
Skyone
marshallh
Sparkfist
samus
CronoTriggerFan
project_failure
Last edited by SpongeBuell on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:39 am

SO IT BEGINS!

I'm already planning on being there. No excuses John, you have to be there.
SpongeBuell and I have decided that we must got to a park and have a BBQ.

Time to start saving money people.
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:09 am

Oh yeah, and I'll be able to pick people up from the airports if they're flying in, too. I may end up picking up project_failure from Minneapolis, near where I live, on Thursday, then we hit the road to Milwaukee on Friday. He'd stay at my place, but I really can't offer that to anyone I haven't met (or maybe talked to a LOT on AIM... my mom is kinda cautious like that, understandably). We'd see Minneapolis, the Mall of America, and pick a good place to eat in the area. Gabe did it in a similar situation, and loved it, so I'm sure you guys would, too.

After MGC, however, I probably won't be going back to Minneapolis, so you'd have to either fly back from Milwaukee or Madison... let me know what your possible schedule is, I'll see what we can do.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:33 am

I have no idea if I'll be able to go; but if I can I will. :D I don't live too far away (Chicago suburbs), so it can't be that hard. :lol:
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:46 am

YAY! march 21st and 22nd 2009! thats the days before my birthday! and no schedule conficts with Anime Expo so :D BE THERE OR BE SQUARE. MGC ROOLZ :lol:

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:13 am

I'M IN. :D

God, can't wait.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:19 am

Hmm, depends if I have money, and if I could get a ride. I know I live somewhere sorta near, Timmeh and Kurt_, or Aguiluz. Maybe if they go, I could carpool. That'd be like my only way to get there. (Like, I can only go if someone else nearby is going too and has a car.)

IF ANYONE IS IN ONTARIO, CANADA AND IS GOING TO THIS EXPO, PLEASE TELL ME. MAYBE I COULD CARPOOL WITH YOU.

I think that gets the point out.

But, if I can get a ride and get some cash, I'll be good to go.

xtrmgam3r360

Post by xtrmgam3r360 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:28 am

I might finally get to go this year :D, although if i went i would feel kinda of awkward since i don't really know anybody on here. :?

Triton

Post by Triton » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:02 am

the akwardness seriously lasted all of 5 min lol

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:05 am

Cool! I wish it was a bit later though... I haven't even started my super duper portable yet!

John and I will be coming for sure, in ANOTHER Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon! MUAHAHAHA!

Brian, I really appreciate your help with logistics and being the "point man". I'm pretty excited for this!

Triton

Post by Triton » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:15 am

the pimpwagon! :lol: seriously, no matter how much crap people gave it it was the most popular car at MGC! "oh that car is so ghetto" yet more often than not had 6 people crammed in it :lol:

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:03 pm

Whatever happened with the Volvo you took off-roading? (Albeit accidentally.) You ever get that thing fixed?

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:38 pm

If I come, I'll be like "errr" D:

xD. Im pretty shy. But then I'll see Spongey and look at a picture of my wallet of a sponge and then run up and say "ARE YOU SPONGEY" :D.

Triton

Post by Triton » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:03 pm

yep its running and driving and for sale! 1400$ OBO buy it now!

volvos are built like tanks it takes more than a 15 foot embankment at 15-20 mph into trees to kill one! :lol:

samus
Steam ID:masamus

Post by samus » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:37 pm

definitely coming. more than likely with triton again. and this year it's two weeks before my birthday. there better be a triton/samus birthday extravaganzaaaaa!

even if it does consist of sparkfist throwing cupcakes at us.

didn't we discuss something about going up the week of before the weekend and having a freaking week long videogame party? or was that just a dream?

if so, i'm definitely for going up a few days before the weekend to geek it out.