Gamecube Portable (abandoned)

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

FireSkull101

Post by FireSkull101 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:03 pm

kasar wrote:
FireSkull101 wrote:I have made a portable PS2 already and I want to do a gamecube because my friend is offering one for five bucks. The reason I need instructinos for the gamecube is because I opened it up and I saw that it was literally stuffed to the brim with components. I bought ben heck's book and it only has instructions for older consoles. That is why I would like instructions
1 - get a gamecube
2 - open it with a custom screwdriver
3 - take apart everything
4 - remove all connectors under gc mobo
5 - solder and connect by wires the Regulator board to the mobo
6 - test if your cube still power on after it
7 - hack/mod the dvd drive (each portabilizer have his own method, you can copy one of those or create your own)
8 - get two controllers and take them appart.
9 - cut some buttoms from one controller´s board and connect them to the other board by wires.
10- solder the moded controller to the mobo
11 - get a screen, and connect it to the composite or rgb at the analog exit after remove the connector and solder the new tv wires.
12 - design a case and build it
13 - design a battery system and buy the parts
14 - join everything, (you also can paint, and fix minor details)
15 - take pics to the system and create a new topic at the correct section ^^( optional, but will be nice)
16 - enjoy your portable :wink: or give your hard worked/moded baby to your friends and lose it :(

(I forgot to say, you will need to test betwen the most of steps for check if the cuarent step has been made sucessfully, and you also will consider the money required and consider if you are really serius to finish the modded system)
hank you so much. That will be a great starting point. IF techknott is able to make some more detailed instructions after he finishes it, that will be great. I get most of it, but I don'tget your wording on step five. The things I suck at are getting the controller to work and getting itto have rumble feature.

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:26 pm

FireSkull101 wrote:
kasar wrote:
FireSkull101 wrote:I have made a portable PS2 already and I want to do a gamecube because my friend is offering one for five bucks. The reason I need instructinos for the gamecube is because I opened it up and I saw that it was literally stuffed to the brim with components. I bought ben heck's book and it only has instructions for older consoles. That is why I would like instructions
1 - get a gamecube
2 - open it with a custom screwdriver
3 - take apart everything
4 - remove all connectors under gc mobo
5 - solder and connect by wires the Regulator board to the mobo
6 - test if your cube still power on after it
7 - hack/mod the dvd drive (each portabilizer have his own method, you can copy one of those or create your own)
8 - get two controllers and take them appart.
9 - cut some buttoms from one controller´s board and connect them to the other board by wires.
10- solder the moded controller to the mobo
11 - get a screen, and connect it to the composite or rgb at the analog exit after remove the connector and solder the new tv wires.
12 - design a case and build it
13 - design a battery system and buy the parts
14 - join everything, (you also can paint, and fix minor details)
15 - take pics to the system and create a new topic at the correct section ^^( optional, but will be nice)
16 - enjoy your portable :wink: or give your hard worked/moded baby to your friends and lose it :(

(I forgot to say, you will need to test betwen the most of steps for check if the cuarent step has been made sucessfully, and you also will consider the money required and consider if you are really serius to finish the modded system)
hank you so much. That will be a great starting point. IF techknott is able to make some more detailed instructions after he finishes it, that will be great. I get most of it, but I don'tget your wording on step five. The things I suck at are getting the controller to work and getting itto have rumble feature.
seriously, if you cant figure this out on your own, GTFO. THIS IS A PROGRESS LOG. NOT AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL.

collinE

Post by collinE » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:16 pm

I wonder if it would be tough to make a ps3 in a cereal bag. You know, like a big malt-o-meal bag. and you could just zip it open and close.

poor FireSkull101... please don't post anymore. Just read the forums for a month or so, under all topics, then make a new account and try again. yeesh.

techknott
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by techknott » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:46 pm

Id really like to help, but i wont be writing any tutorials any time soon. Im far too busy with other projects and a full time job for that. There is also enough info in this thread to make a fully functioning gamecube and there is info all over the place regarding case construction, screens and batteries.

You cant seriously expect someone to write a full guide from start to finish at the drop of a hat. The gamecube has 3 sections inside it, the reg, mobo and dvd drive. It doesn't get much easier than that to be honest.

Also, where's the fun in copying someone elses design's? Be innovative and unique. Isn't that what it's all about???

Also, for the time being this project is on hold as ive just made a vac forming machine(for my dreamcast p) and may decide to redesign it as im not happy with the case.

khaag

Post by khaag » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:04 pm

You're not happy with the case?! :shock: I can't wait to see a case that you ARE happy with!
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

FireSkull101

Post by FireSkull101 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:49 am

techknott wrote:Id really like to help, but i wont be writing any tutorials any time soon. Im far too busy with other projects and a full time job for that. There is also enough info in this thread to make a fully functioning gamecube and there is info all over the place regarding case construction, screens and batteries.

You cant seriously expect someone to write a full guide from start to finish at the drop of a hat. The gamecube has 3 sections inside it, the reg, mobo and dvd drive. It doesn't get much easier than that to be honest.

Also, where's the fun in copying someone elses design's? Be innovative and unique. Isn't that what it's all about???

Also, for the time being this project is on hold as ive just made a vac forming machine(for my dreamcast p) and may decide to redesign it as im not happy with the case.
Thanks man. If you ever get the time then please follow throught with my request.

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:48 pm

FireSkull101 wrote:
techknott wrote:Id really like to help, but i wont be writing any tutorials any time soon. Im far too busy with other projects and a full time job for that. There is also enough info in this thread to make a fully functioning gamecube and there is info all over the place regarding case construction, screens and batteries.

Thanks man. If you ever get the time then please follow throught with my request.
Seriously dude,

He already said NO!
You should be able to figure this crap out. The ps2 disk drive is way more complicated than a gamecubes. Also, Why the F**k would you want a PS3 in a Cerial Box????????????????? I would rather have a ps3 in my entertainment center and be sorta cool than have to explain to everybody why I've got a box of cocoa puffs under my TV. Do some modding, prove it, and we'll show you some respect. (or at least stop making up stories.)
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

FireSkull101

Post by FireSkull101 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:30 pm

hey sorry ill ask him for th e pisc chill. At least i know that not everyone on these forums is a geeked out idiot with bad temper.

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:33 pm

FireSkull101 wrote:hey sorry ill ask him for th e pisc chill. At least i know that not everyone on these forums is a geeked out idiot with bad temper.
[haha he called us idiots. :lol: ]

if you bothered to read this thread youd see that there are plenty of pictures. :?

FireSkull101

Post by FireSkull101 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:46 pm

sure im an idiot. if that is what you call a new bee that wants to learn. The only thing ive done is a portable ps2 with help from a friend and a lot of things with computers by myslef. Ok I AM NEW I WOULD LIKE TO LEARN. IT WOULD BE HELPFUL IF SOMEONE WOULD HELP ME. ( it doesn't get much clearer than that.)

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:51 pm

FireSkull101 wrote:sure im an idiot. if that is what you call a new bee that wants to learn. The only thing ive done is a portable ps2 with help from a friend and a lot of things with computers by myslef. Ok I AM NEW I WOULD LIKE TO LEARN. IT WOULD BE HELPFUL IF SOMEONE WOULD HELP ME. ( it doesn't get much clearer than that.)
asking for help, and asking for step by step instructions are COMPLETELY different. we already told you nobody will write a guide for you. you need to do some research yourself. find out through SEARCHING. look at other projects and build logs and figure out where to go from there. if you need assistance, state your needs clearly and thoughtfully and we may be able to help you.

FireSkull101

Post by FireSkull101 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:53 pm

thank you. I guess I was being stupid myself. People here are just as lazy as me i guess.

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:54 pm

I love how he resorts to the generic "well ur a g33k an u suk a lawt an i hae8t u b/c ur geks"-class response.

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:27 pm

FireSkull101 wrote:thank you. I guess I was being stupid myself. People here are just as lazy as me i guess.
I'm not too sure how many active forums based on doing stuff you've been a member of for a long time, but if you've experienced that, then you'd get annoyed by the new guy coming in and begging for instructions on how to do something that could be found through a search through the forums. tons of portables have been built by people on these forums; go through the archives and look through them and read the work logs of these people. buy Ben's book. there are many ways to learn how to do this without getting someone to hold your hand.

techknott
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by techknott » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:37 pm

Decided to abandon this gamecube project. Im not happy with the case. It lacks character, is boxy and ugly.

I will still be making a GCp but its back to the drawing board as far as the case goes.