Dream Project

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:45 am

N64 in an FPGA. N64OAC if you will.

More realistically, N64 cart emulator in an FPGA, or SNES in an FPGA.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

Sun-Wukong

Re: Dream Project

Post by Sun-Wukong » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:41 pm

A portable Wii. I actually have some cool idea's for the design, I just have no idea how to do anything when it comes to making portables.

The design would be similar to this, (Probably a tad bit [or more] bigger. In fact, probably about the same size as the Wii, but a little thicker.) with a Classic Controller built in the same place as the GameCube Controller. The Disc Drive would be on the top, rather than the front, ( Since it takes practically no room externally.) With the screen in place of the disc drive on the example I gave. (The Sensor Bar would be above the screen.) The GameCube Controller Ports and Memory Card Slots would be in the same place in relation to the Disc Drive. (Keeping the Wii design in mind.)

There would be a hollowed out section in the back with more than enough room to fit the Wii Remote in. More than enough room because the plug that connects the Classic Controller to the Wii Remote would be at the end of said hole. Another cavity would be located directly under that one to store the Nun-Chuck Attachment. Below that would be the Trigger Buttons for the Classic Controller.

I've prepared a basic (And boy do I mean basic) diagram of the front and back of the case design I have in mind. Like I've said, I have no Idea how any of this works. But, when I do learn this stuff, I might try to tackle this project after I get some experience under my belt.

Chapel wrote:Ah shucks, I was really hoping to make an SNES encased in a 19 pound glob of hotglue and duct tape. :lol:

Sun-Wukong

Post by Sun-Wukong » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:18 pm

Seriously, nobody else has a dream project that they would like to do but lack the skills/funds/time to actually do?
Chapel wrote:Ah shucks, I was really hoping to make an SNES encased in a 19 pound glob of hotglue and duct tape. :lol:

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:22 pm

A zn45 gc portable!

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:39 pm

Sun-Wukong wrote:A portable Wii. I actually have some cool idea's for the design, I just have no idea how to do anything when it comes to making portables.

The design would be similar to this, (Probably a tad bit [or more] bigger. In fact, probably about the same size as the Wii, but a little thicker.) with a Classic Controller built in the same place as the GameCube Controller. The Disc Drive would be on the top, rather than the front, ( Since it takes practically no room externally.) With the screen in place of the disc drive on the example I gave. (The Sensor Bar would be above the screen.) The GameCube Controller Ports and Memory Card Slots would be in the same place in relation to the Disc Drive. (Keeping the Wii design in mind.)

There would be a hollowed out section in the back with more than enough room to fit the Wii Remote in. More than enough room because the plug that connects the Classic Controller to the Wii Remote would be at the end of said hole. Another cavity would be located directly under that one to store the Nun-Chuck Attachment. Below that would be the Trigger Buttons for the Classic Controller.

I've prepared a basic (And boy do I mean basic) diagram of the front and back of the case design I have in mind. Like I've said, I have no Idea how any of this works. But, when I do learn this stuff, I might try to tackle this project after I get some experience under my belt.

Wait a second thats IMPOSSIBLE
The sensor bar senses the movement(Just leds-Controller is the sender)
So if its in with your design handheld how could it work? [size=0]If its posible WOW i feel stupid

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:43 pm

The PSTWii60.

Just like the Super Genintari but PS3, Wii and 360. All watercooled. But funding and lack of EXP is a problem. :(

Sun-Wukong

Post by Sun-Wukong » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:49 pm

SonyPortableizer wrote:
Sun-Wukong wrote:Stuff.

Wait a second thats IMPOSSIBLE
The sensor bar senses the movement(Just leds-Controller is the sender)
So if its in with your design handheld how could it work? [size=0]If its posible WOW i feel stupid
It wouldn't be an ideal portable since you would still use the Wii Remote and Nun Chuck like you normally would, (You would need to prop it up on something.) the holes are just for storage. I would still consider it portable since the Classic Controller is built in, though.

HBN

Post by HBN » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:00 pm

A dream Project you say?

A Platari2603. Yes. A PS3/Atari 2600 hybrid. Not a portable. Just a console. But I'd like it to look like a PS3, only slightly bigger, and with "Woody" accents.

The Atari ports would come out the bottom of the system, and the Atari switches would be by the PS3's power switch.

Why these two systems? I love my Atari 2600. And I've always wanted a PS3... Ever since the PS2 came out. You could call them my two loves (other than my fiancee, who takes priority.)
Please keep an eye on my HBN64 progress.
HBN-Style Anti-Noise Headphones.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.
Long live the Queen of Bondo!

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:04 pm

We have a 1974 Dodge pickup I'd like to get back to decent condition. I know how to do most of the work, I know what parts have to be replaced, and I know where to get parts for the engine. Money is the main limitation.

mothatrucka
Banned

Post by mothatrucka » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:09 pm

Well, I'm working on my dream project now. First step is to make a GC work with a tray loader. I've almost got it, too.
ImageImage
TRUCK- Eating kittens and kicking puppies since 1982.

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:22 pm

Holy crap motha...
WOW I need to see that-I want to do it to my PS2GO 1.5 and GCp

EDIT:
I think that he goes by truck nowadays....

It was a pun like motha F****r
Last edited by SonyPortableizer on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:26 pm

SonyPortableizer wrote:Holy crap motha...
WOW I need to see that-I want to do it to my PS2GO 1.5 and GCp
I think that he goes by truck nowadays....

My dream portable would be something that plays all gameboy carts, n64 super nintendo and gamecube games. with membrane buttons, not tact switches, I don't really care for the "click" sound, It grows bothersome, and My dream portable would have 18 hour battery life, and internal batteries :D Doubt anyone will ever make one thats small enough to even fit in a back pack though....
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:58 pm

My Dream Portable project...hm...i'd have to say it'd be a Portable Gamecube that is 100% Battery Powered...yup, defenetly dreaming.

As far as regular Dream projects go, I'd very much like to build a high power Rail Gun. Again, defenetly dreaming lol.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:10 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:As far as regular Dream projects go, I'd very much like to build a high power Rail Gun. Again, defenetly dreaming lol.
That would be sweet^2.

My regular dream project would be building a Tumbler (Batman Begins batmobile). Even if it got 4mpg and gas was $10 a gallon, I would still drive it everywhere. Though, if I had the money to build one, gas money probably wouldn't be an issue.

totokan

Post by totokan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:00 pm

I would currently like to combine one of those new small-scale projectors with a battery and built-in controls/screen/NES to make a portable Projectable NES... Other then that, a Dreamcast portable rigged up with internal flash memory containing a library of games would also be nice...
Shhh! I'm not officially back yet.