Wii Homebrew (56k warning)

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

gamecube6
Wii Homebrew (56k warning)

Post by gamecube6 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:09 pm

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to see how many people got homebrew working on their wii's. I had to run around for 6 hours to get mine working. Using the twilight hack and the homebrew channel, I have come to a conclusion.

It's the Easiest Thing Ever.

If ANYONE has not loaded homebrew and has a spare SD card, DO IT NOW! It's so easy and so useful.

This is the icon for the homebrew channel.

This is some of the homebrew I have.

I had to load DVDx on the wii, which was the easy part. This is the mplayer, the media player that runs DVDs.

DVD's? On the Wii? BLASPHEMY!

SNES9X GX, wii emulator.

Super Mario World runs fine.

Bonus points if you can name this hack.

And that's all! Post any interesting apps you got to work on the wii, and if no one has run this (which I doubt), I'll post a tutorial.[/b]

Edit by admin: This kind of stuff does not belong in Forum 42. It belongs in the next-gen forum. Moving. I'm getting tired of this... -bic

kasar

Post by kasar » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:21 pm

I also have the homebrew channel (it does not load properly all dols, anyway it is usefull and easy to use), I know there are some risk from the nintendo updates, anyway who cares, I want to get an usefull wii, not a bored system. so I also burned some dols at dvd´s, actually having wiikey with latest update, I saw the media player for wii at your pics, It seems usefull,I tried the mfe-media player based linux for gc, that I has been used for a long time. but definitly watch comercial dvds on a wii seems prelly cool.
glad to find other homebrew users :lol:
Last edited by kasar on Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

gamecube6

Post by gamecube6 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:31 pm

kasar wrote:I also have the homebre channel (it does not load properly all dols, anyway it is usefull and easy to use), I know there are some risk from the nintendo updates, anyway who cares, I want to get an useful wii, not a bored system. so I also burned some dols at dvd´s, actually having wiikey with latest update, I saw the media player for wii at your pics, It seems usefull,I tried the mfe-media player based linux for gc, that I has been used for a long time. but definitly watch comercial dvds on a wii seems prelly cool.
I believe that the only hack that nerfed the homebrew scene was the time they "updated your mii's" (AKA nerfed the twilight hack). It doesn't uninstall the channel, and it's been hacked around.

Yes, the use of commercial DVDs is great. 8)

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:53 pm

I've been following the Homebrew channel since its beta, but haven't had a chance to install it because I don't have a copy of the wii version of Twilight Princess. :(

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:55 pm

gamecube6 wrote:
kasar wrote:I also have the homebre channel (it does not load properly all dols, anyway it is usefull and easy to use), I know there are some risk from the nintendo updates, anyway who cares, I want to get an useful wii, not a bored system. so I also burned some dols at dvd´s, actually having wiikey with latest update, I saw the media player for wii at your pics, It seems usefull,I tried the mfe-media player based linux for gc, that I has been used for a long time. but definitly watch comercial dvds on a wii seems prelly cool.
I believe that the only hack that nerfed the homebrew scene was the time they "updated your mii's" (AKA nerfed the twilight hack). It doesn't uninstall the channel, and it's been hacked around.

Yes, the use of commercial DVDs is great. 8)
I think it was only a matter of days that it took them to work around the patch.

gamecube6

Post by gamecube6 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm

grossaffe wrote:I've been following the Homebrew channel since its beta, but haven't had a chance to install it because I don't have a copy of the wii version of Twilight Princess. :(
GET IT

not only is it useful, it's an amazing game!

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:04 pm

gamecube6 wrote:
grossaffe wrote:I've been following the Homebrew channel since its beta, but haven't had a chance to install it because I don't have a copy of the wii version of Twilight Princess. :(
GET IT

Well that's the problem, it took me so long to get a Wii that I broke down and bought TP for the Gamecube. spectacular game, indeed. I've probably gotten 100 hours of play on it.

gamecube6

Post by gamecube6 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:09 pm

grossaffe wrote:
gamecube6 wrote:
GET IT

Well that's the problem, it took me so long to get a Wii that I broke down and bought TP for the Gamecube. spectacular game, indeed. I've probably gotten 100 hours of play on it.
I was going to yell at you for that, but then I realized that there was no fault in that. So sad.

Hey, get the cheesy sword attachment! It's absolutely essential and will bring a whole new world of immersion!

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:18 pm

hmm, ive got some free time, a wii, TP, and a 512mb sd card :lol: this is TOTALLY usefull just for the dvd player alone Image why on earth nintendo didnt allow dvd playback is beyond me srsly. ill post back in this thread when i set it up lol

gamecube6

Post by gamecube6 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:21 pm

Triton wrote:hmm, ive got some free time, a wii, TP, and a 512mb sd card :lol: this is TOTALLY usefull just for the dvd player alone Image why on earth nintendo didnt allow dvd playback is beyond me srsly. ill post back in this thread when i set it up lol
Yeah. Totally stupid. I followed the wii since early "revolution" days. I got psyched about DVD drive. but apparently it was just a DVD drive, not a DVD player :cry: .

Nonsense Man

Post by Nonsense Man » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:23 pm

I'm just going to rent it. I might try this but I have lost my wii controller.

gamecube6

Post by gamecube6 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:24 pm

Nonsense Man wrote:I'm just going to rent it. I might try this but I have lost my wii controller.
You only need it for 5 minutes, I suggest borrowing it. but yeah, renting is a good idea.

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:50 pm

gamecube6 wrote:
Triton wrote:hmm, ive got some free time, a wii, TP, and a 512mb sd card :lol: this is TOTALLY usefull just for the dvd player alone Image why on earth nintendo didnt allow dvd playback is beyond me srsly. ill post back in this thread when i set it up lol
Yeah. Totally stupid. I followed the wii since early "revolution" days. I got psyched about DVD drive. but apparently it was just a DVD drive, not a DVD player :cry: .
same here. I remember that the Revolution was gonna NOT gonna connect to the DS, but rather to the Gameboy Evolution (which I'm still waiting for :x )

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:52 pm

gamecube6 wrote:
Nonsense Man wrote:I'm just going to rent it. I might try this but I have lost my wii controller.
You only need it for 5 minutes, I suggest borrowing it. but yeah, renting is a good idea.
I don't know anyone who has it. most people I know are XBOX 360 people and have a wii for not zelda.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:17 pm

I'd try it but I dont have Twilight Princess. (I need that for the twilight
hack...right?)