SNES portable number three!

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:36 pm

Excellent video. Gave it 5*

Copyrighted song???

Pass

Post by Pass » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:23 pm

I haven't been on these forums much, and I'm really new and inexperienced, but that is the prettiest portable I have ever seen. Oh, and you and Ben are tied for my favorite "Portablizers."

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:54 pm

I dunno pass bacteria and SS are tied for first with LoB third triton fourth and ben fifth.

Very sexy, but why do you need 3 good snes portables?

I mean SS keeps making n64 portables because hist first 4 sucked, his fifth was nearly amazing, and he needed a chance at the contest prize.

you should consider a n64 portable, with your skills you could easily get a sticky over there :lol:
has anyone ever told you that you sound like ben?
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

lovablechevy

Post by lovablechevy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:58 pm

eurddrue wrote:I dunno pass bacteria and SS are tied for first with LoB third triton fourth and ben fifth.

wow. that is the weirdest listing i've heard. you didn't even include turbo, marshal, or g-force. :roll:
eurddrue wrote:Very sexy, but why do you need 3 good snes portables?
he sold his first one, and this third one was on commission. therefor, he only has one. of course, his competition entry is gonna be an snesp.
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:34 pm

well, marshall is somewhere up there, but I don't like the L64 should've used a gc joystick, or something. just unapealing to me, but I like his first design. well I lie :lol: I would love having the L64 with a gc joystick.

I guess that I don't browse the super nintendo forum much, so I don't know any of turbo's portables other than the L64's cousin one, and I haven't even seen a g-force post in since like 2006, and haven't browsed past page 6 of n64 portables reading every post
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:03 am

The above poster is obsessed with me. I consider all of them serious competition! Any one of us could take first prize.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:29 am

lovablechevy wrote:
eurddrue wrote:I dunno pass bacteria and SS are tied for first with LoB third triton fourth and ben fifth.

wow. that is the weirdest listing i've heard. you didn't even include turbo, marshal, or g-force. :roll:
Exactly what I was thinking - those guys are amazing! There are many others as well who are my inspiration. I started to list them all, but the list got quite long.

I haven't only made SNES portables, though. I've also made a PSOne portable, a NOAC portable, still working on an Atari portable, and I just recently started tinkering with a GameCube. I build what I want to.
lovablechevy wrote:
eurddrue wrote:Very sexy, but why do you need 3 good snes portables?
he sold his first one, and this third one was on commission. therefor, he only has one. of course, his competition entry is gonna be an snesp.
Hey, at least somebody's paying attention! Thanks for the compliments, everyone.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:38 am

A gamecube portable from you? (I'm guessing zn-45?) That would be sweet!

Anyways, after building this one, are you still happy with your old one?(not that I could see any reason not to...)

Am I on that list you mentioned? :P

SS

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:45 am

I've only been trying to get the GameCube to run outside of its case and to shrink the motherboard. It turns on but it's not reading the disc, so it needs more work. I haven't even begun to think of the case. I'd rather not use the ZN series if possible. Time for something new!

I admit, I'm kind of sad to see the white SNESp go. After all, I've been working on it for half a year. On the other hand, I'm glad to kick it out the door - it took forever to finish! I really need to fix the paint job on my black SNESp. Months of sweaty hands is taking its toll, and after showing it around at OVGE it could really use some sprucing up. I don't know how to fix it up without completely dismantling it, which is a non-option.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:04 am

Check your motor wires on the DD, thats what screwed me up. It acted like it was working but failing.

eurddrue

Post by eurddrue » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:35 am

SS, well sorta, i'm not ocd but my mom says that I have what her brother has, i only eat with one hand, organize everything in my room into boxes, and I get hooked on things for about three weeks, so you sorta guessed right, i just didn't realize, I will stop.
wallydawg wrote:

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:19 am

I think i know what brian is planning for his dpad on his new snes :D could it be a digital stick ala gp2x type?

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:24 am

Triton wrote:I think i know what brian is planning for his dpad on his new snes :D could it be a digital stick ala gp2x type?
Hope not, the GP2x stick is no good for most games, only side-scrollers. A joystick on top of a d-pad isn't great either - again, good for side scrollers but not other games.

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:13 pm

bacteria wrote:
Triton wrote:I think i know what brian is planning for his dpad on his new snes :D could it be a digital stick ala gp2x type?
Hope not, the GP2x stick is no good for most games, only side-scrollers. A joystick on top of a d-pad isn't great either - again, good for side scrollers but not other games.
what about a joystick that screw into a d-pad so you can take it off when you want a normal d-pad?

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:11 pm

I cant see how the above would work.

I would say just do the acid mods thing and cut the contacts, then, make a small plug and you go from there.

SS