Mini Amp out of PSOne speakers.

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

csurban
Portablizer
Mini Amp out of PSOne speakers.

Post by csurban » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:46 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but here goes...
I have two PSOne Screen speakers which i would like to just use as a simple AUX-in amplifier. I hooked it all up and tried it out with my iPod but the output was just too small for the speakers. (The 8 ohm impendence can't compete with the hundreds from headphones. :)) So I decided to turn it into a full fledged battery powered amp. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good audio amp circuit? Remember I don't need a potentameter because the iPod acts as one. I was looking at these free samples as an idea.

http://www.national.com/mpf/LM/LM4890.html

Can anyone who understands this more then I do give me some input on this?
nope... can't think of anything I could possibly want to put in my Signature Block...

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:47 pm

Get a cheap pair of computer or MP3 speakers which run off batteries; open up; they contain an amp fit for purpose.

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:07 pm

http://www.longhornengineer.com/DIY/Audiomono

This schematic is somewhat of what you want.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."