N64 can fit inside a Gameboy Color case !!

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire
N64 can fit inside a Gameboy Color case !!

Post by bacteria » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:13 am

Thought initially I would post this as a joke, however actually, it is very feasible and would look quite nice!

Obviously you can't fit an N64 into a Gameboy Color (ridiculous), however my thread said Gameboy Color case - ie a case designed to take the system, power packs, games, etc - a case, as opposed to casing.

There is enough room to put in an N64 board (snugly), PSone screen (you would need to trim off the grounding a bit, but it would fit at a slight angle; an A and B button and D-pad in the spaces (although it would be better to put in a joystick in the D-pad space probably), start, power on/off button; just needs shoulder buttons (not difficult) and C buttons....

What started out as a silly idea to post here as a bit of humour actually is quite feasible and got me thinking! The box is thick, 75mm thick, you can hold it fine though, and this would allow for a built-in cart and batteries. Dimensions of the box (ignoring the hinges) are 245 x 135 x 75mm.

I can see myself doing this as a project for a bit of fun; might even sell it in due course! :D :D

I got this case for free today at a car boot sale; bought an electronics kit (300 project type) so I can learn more about the subject, complete, for £2 and I asked for this Gameboy Color box for free, and got it!

Yup, another project to come!!

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:59 am

awesome, can't wait to see it!
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:08 am

Awesome idea, btw, the title of your post is slightly misleading, although it is obvious that a Gameboy Color case (the actual handheld case) wouldnt hold an N64

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:25 pm

Negative_Creep wrote:Awesome idea, btw, the title of your post is slightly misleading, although it is obvious that a Gameboy Color case (the actual handheld case) wouldnt hold an N64
Yes, good, you understand the irony! It wasn't misleading but a play on words, which is entirely different. A case is something designed to hold something, whereas a casing is integrated. The title was designed to be tongue-in-cheek, humourous. :wink:

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:49 pm

Ha ha that's great!
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:10 pm

Sweet! But the question is, can I stuff a xbox in there :lol:

official xbox fiend

Ampersand

Post by Ampersand » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:28 pm

Kewl idea.

And a quick bit about the hinges, unless you want to leave them ( I couldn't possibly see why ), I'd say remove them and patch it up. But I guess saying that makes me look stupid, because it seems really obvious.

---Ampersand
Registration Information wrote:How much is 5+2 *
NO I'M NOT A BOT!...
... Four?

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:44 pm

Actually, keeping the hinges makes sense as without it it doesn't look like what it actually is, if that makes sense. Having hinges makes it easy to open the system also for repairs or whatever.

My plan is to finish my Mini Multi-Platform System project first, then look at this, as ideally I want to put in a GameCube; however if time runs out I may just do an N64 as I can do one of these quickly.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:12 pm

sweet. i just need one of these, a new powerjoy (other one broke :( ), a screen, andI'll be set for a noac portable.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/