Packageing stuff.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:01 pm

Especially when it is blogging. :shock:
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:08 pm

bic is king of moderation(as I found out 2 minutes ago) so he can call blogging whenever he pleases. :P Newspaper is good, but bubble wrap is better! Not only do they get their package, but they also get bubbles that make happiness!!!

And I think its better.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:20 am

If I ordered something and it came in newspaper. I'd never order of you again.

Bubble Wrap is better.

@Bic.. sorry but why the hell do you just moan and winge about everything people say? I'm not referring to the PM you sent me but the "4Chan Garbage", sure you think it's not funny, did you really have to point that out and throw a fit about it?

And even bother trying to throw a banhammer at me, because there isn't a rule that says "No pointing out when people needlessly complain", not to mention this isn't a direct flame at you.

One last thing, don't even bother wasting your time sending me a PM, because I will just ignore it again anyway

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:48 am

Who threw a fit? I just suggested he stop typing like a 12 year old. :?

Let's get this back on topic...

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:57 am

When I buy stuff, I save the bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Then when I sell something, I don't have to worry about what to pack it in, as I already have packing materials .

mothatrucka
Banned

Post by mothatrucka » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:29 am

I save the bubble wrap, since it's so easy to store, but I despise packing peanuts with every fiber of my being. They go everywhere, and the dog and cat find them before I do, eat them, then either herf all over the house or end up with impacted bowels and a trip to the vet.

Instead I just use recycled paper from work. I run it through the shredder, then stuff it in a plastic bag. It can be any shape you need it and it doesn't get all over the place. The receiver can just recycle it with their own paper.

I also save the boxes, if they're still in good condition. Cut the tape, and fold them flat, and they take up very little space. Same thing with envelopes, as long as they're still intact.
ImageImage
TRUCK- Eating kittens and kicking puppies since 1982.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:33 pm

the laptop i sold recently is packed with a few sheets of styrofoam on top and bottom of it and surrounded by packing peanuts, in my books newspaper is fine so long as you still wrap whatever your selling in bubblewrap or something if its fragile

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:15 pm

Old game carts are about as tough as rocks, I don't see why newspaper wouldn't work.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:57 pm

I only use newspaper or old packing (usually foam). Newspaper is plenty enough protection to ship something, and it saves the environment. Hell, TI ships with newspapers (mind you, fancy cut, non-worded ones). Hell-er, I've had fish at work shipped with only newspaper from China.
Hey, sup?

Valium

Post by Valium » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:13 pm

Didn't you pack my screen in newspaper Kurt?

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Probably. Mind you, it was CANADIAN newspaper. So, clearly, it provided the correct amount of protection. So if anyone ever gets anything from me, rest assured, the CANADIAN newspaper is sufficient packaging material, professionally, precision-cut wood fibres courtesy of our beavers and woodchucks.
Hey, sup?

Valium

Post by Valium » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:23 pm

Well, I never did get the screen working, you might want to ship with better stuff next time.