WTB: xbox360/ps2/ps3 laptop

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

JADabandon
WTB: xbox360/ps2/ps3 laptop

Post by JADabandon » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:05 pm

Hello good console modding people!
I have seen all of the wonderful photos of Ben Heck's console laptop photos, and am now enticed to own one of my own!
I am looking for some one who I can make a contract with, a professional xbox/ps laptop builder.
I will be willing to put forward money for a quality console laptop, based upon how the laptop will be build, how concrete the contract is, and time frame.
I can provide a PS2 laptop for cannibalism, other wise I can acquire new or used system if needed. Or put forward the money for the builder to get the system on their own.
If some how I could find such a person local to me (so I can visit and have the extra monetary protection) that would be great.
I also noticed on ebay, as of this post, there are two auctions on ebay, one is a completed xbox 360 laptop, and another is for having a playstation3 laptop built.
I am not sure if these two auctions are trustworthy for bidding, or if it is possible to make contact with a builder on this forum?

I look forward to any help and recommendations the community can provide, and forward to a quality product!

JADabandon

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:16 pm

alright I hope you understand that this is no small feat, these take several months to complete and the builder must be compensated for their time, which is NOT cheap

also, I searched on eBay for those laptops, they seem too fishy to trust

Try reading through the forums and maybe trying a classic system to portablize yourself (its cheaper) then develop into the laptop type mod thing

However, if you just want to buy one outright, expect no less than maybe $2000 for a 360 or as much as $3000 for the PS3 (and to be honest those are both BARGAIN prices)
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

JADabandon

WTB: A PS2 laptop bare bones?

Post by JADabandon » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:48 pm

I thought the ebay auctions looked too good to be true, it would have been nice to straight up buy a completed unit, though.

My next request then would be for a bare bones style. Where I cannibalize my own PS2.
Although I lack the skills to actually fabricate my own frame/laptop case to house the parts in.
I wonder if any one can produce a bare bones style kit for a PS2 laptop?
I can ether find a portable 7inches or so screen, or even use one of the 14-15inch laptop screens from an old laptop.
I saw that Ben Heck made a PS2 portable, that one was more PSP style, than laptop style. I want the usable keyboard for a PS2 Linux OS, as well an option for a internal HD.
I will comb around the forums to see if I can find some one who can provide what I want.

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:52 am

don't look at laptop screens as viable screens, they don't have the proper video inputs.

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:27 am

Krepticor wrote:alright I hope you understand that this is no small feat, these take several months to complete and the builder must be compensated for their time, which is NOT cheap

also, I searched on eBay for those laptops, they seem too fishy to trust

Try reading through the forums and maybe trying a classic system to portablize yourself (its cheaper) then develop into the laptop type mod thing

However, if you just want to buy one outright, expect no less than maybe $2000 for a 360 or as much as $3000 for the PS3 (and to be honest those are both BARGAIN prices)
HA for my 360 laptop project I would charge no less than 3350.
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

WompaStompa11
PSN Username:WompaStompa11

Post by WompaStompa11 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:44 am

Both of those auctions definitely look like scams. Especially the Xbox 360 laptop. Here are the links if you guys want to look...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Laptop_W0Q ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=015
Image Laziness is a serious disease... My Ebay Reference . . . My video game collection

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:50 am

With more on the fake auctions in an old one a month ago in size 1 font that looked like Underlining it said
"Warning this is fake only for fictional purposes only."

But to get back on topic do a ps2 laptop

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:12 am

WompaStompa11 wrote:Both of those auctions definitely look like scams. Especially the Xbox 360 laptop. Here are the links if you guys want to look...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Laptop_W0Q ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=015
on the ps3 laptop auction:
IF YOU DON"T WANT TO WAIT FOR THE BID TO END SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR MESSAGE ON HERE AND I WILL SEND YOU A PAYPAL MONEY REQUEST AND AS SOON AS THE MONEY COMES THROUGH I WILL BEGIN MAKING YOUR XBOX LAPTOP
:lol:

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:51 pm

Umm...Ben stated he'd only make one PS3 laptop, and it sold for 24 grand..

IIRC the 360 laptop sold for somewhere in the range of like 4 or 6 grand.

People, people, common sense.

JADabandon

Post by JADabandon » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:37 pm

My intention was not to bugger a gaming console laptop out of Ben him self, but if another person felt they could professional construct one them selves, I would buy a complete unit or a bare bones from them for a 'reasonable price'

mothatrucka
Banned

Post by mothatrucka » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:09 pm

Just curious, but aren't those pics in the auctions Ben's units? They sure look familiar...
ImageImage
TRUCK- Eating kittens and kicking puppies since 1982.

WompaStompa11
PSN Username:WompaStompa11

Post by WompaStompa11 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:22 pm

mothatrucka wrote:Just curious, but aren't those pics in the auctions Ben's units? They sure look familiar...
Yes, they are; lol
JADabandon wrote:My intention was not to bugger a gaming console laptop out of Ben him self, but if another person felt they could professional construct one them selves, I would buy a complete unit or a bare bones from them for a 'reasonable price'
I don't know if anyone here could make one as good as Ben. He has loads of experience and he's made 3 360 laptops so far. It would also take quite a while to make, unless someone worked full time on it.
Image Laziness is a serious disease... My Ebay Reference . . . My video game collection

Chapel

Post by Chapel » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:24 pm

mothatrucka wrote:Just curious, but aren't those pics in the auctions Ben's units? They sure look familiar...
One of them actually had benheck.com up on the screen. :lol:

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:01 am

actually the ps2 laptop sold for like 9 grand, it was up to 24 but the auction got reset or something