Looking for the name of a mid-90s scifi movie

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

soundwave
Looking for the name of a mid-90s scifi movie

Post by soundwave » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:07 am

What I thought to be entitled Escape from Section 13, it starts with a guy breaking into a big enterprises skyscraper building, only to be framed for murder by a CEO. He then goes to Section 13, an amusement park that has been turned into a prison. The inmates are kept inside by exploding necklaces that detonate if they go outside. Its then revealed that the man was sent in to find a woman who stole one million dollars from the company that set him up.
The guy then rewires his and her necklaces, so that they can leave, but they must stay close to eachother. Eventually they kill the companies hit men, and blow up the million dollars. Then at the end the lady says while the million is gone, they still have the interest accumulated over whatever time period, the two fall in love, happily ever after.

I don't know if this was some low-budget straight-to-TV flick that nobody ever bothered to mention on the internet, but it seems impossible to find any info or a download or anything on Amazon. Any help is appreciated

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:42 am

i know the movie your talking about and i know i have seen it but i cant remember the name!

skr

Post by skr » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:26 pm

Might it be the Rutger Hauer movie "Wedlock"?

Summary:
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0103239/plotsummary

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:11 pm

No, that's not it, the main character was a md-20s hispanic guy. And the necklaces only blew up when crossing the borders of the prison, but not until he hacks his and the ladies necklaces that they get linked together.