Well, my book was STOLEN

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:52 pm

(sorry havn't registered yet).

But to the guy with the problem, books a million will order the book for you (my brother works in a coffee shop at a BaM).

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:12 pm

A less techy and inexpensive way to catch the person is to attach the box to a string run it under the door and hold on. If and when u feel a tug open the door and there's the culprit :D

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:20 pm

Dave wrote:A less techy and inexpensive way to catch the person is to attach the box to a string run it under the door and hold on. If and when u feel a tug open the door and there's the culprit :D
Exept for might be there for a while... :wink: Expecially if the person sees the string and walks away... :P

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:23 pm

This reminds me of the time that i ordered a new computer, and I got home from school to find the whole load of boxes on my front porch, in plain view. anyone walking by couldve driven back with a car and made off with a new computer.

In short, mailmen aren't smart people, period. In shorter, they're dumb as bricks.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:28 pm

that happened with my grandma's neighbors, too... and it was one of those obvious Gateway cow boxes :x
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

DR. Luigi M.D.

Post by DR. Luigi M.D. » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:41 pm

Guest - Guy, If you bust somebody taking a package but its not the same person who took your book, one down one to go!

btw - tampering wit the mail is a Federal Offense, we're talking about....

An individual found guilty of an offense shall be sentenced, in accordance with the provisions of section 3553, to -

(1) a term of probation as authorized by subchapter B;
(2) a fine as authorized by subchapter C; or
(3) a term of imprisonment as authorized by subchapter D

SUBCHAPTER C - FINES
§ 3571. Sentence of fine

(a) In General.
A defendant who has been found guilty of an offense may be sentenced to pay a fine.

(b) Fines for Individuals.
Except as provided in subsection (e) of this section, an individual who has been found guilty of an offense may be fined not more than the greatest of -

(1) the amount specified in the law setting forth the offense;
(2) the applicable amount under subsection (d) of this section;
(3) for a felony, not more than $250,000;
(4) for a misdemeanor resulting in death, not more than $250,000;
(5) for a Class A misdemeanor that does not result in death, not more than $100,000;
(6) for a Class B or C misdemeanor that does not result in death, not more than $5,000; or
(7) for an infraction, not more than $5,000.

have a nice day!!!! :D
Actual statement from customer - "I don't have a voltmeter but if you tell me where the electricity is supposed to be...I'll put my fingers there and tell you if it is."

satan165

Post by satan165 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:22 pm

i suggest you make friends with you mailman. ive been thru many years and 2 residences (down the street from one another , thus same route)....luckily for me i now live in a condo, and he leaves my crap in the foyer, he even rings my bell to let me know there is something waiting for me.

TheTooth

Post by TheTooth » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:19 pm

yeah I work at UPS and not only won't we leave packages at an apartment building, your package automatically has $100 insurance. I would suggest buying one at barnes and noble, I saw the book there.
- Peace in the Middle East!

Dave

Post by Dave » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:12 am

HK-47 wrote:
Dave wrote:A less techy and inexpensive way to catch the person is to attach the box to a string run it under the door and hold on. If and when u feel a tug open the door and there's the culprit :D
Exept for might be there for a while... :wink: Expecially if the person sees the string and walks away... :P
Well u just set it up like this 8)

TheTooth

Post by TheTooth » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:06 am

Better than holding it is attaching a bell to the string. Just sit inside and play some Skyhawk waiting for the package theif. When the bell dings your theif is outside.

I wonder if you could just build some kind of lock box out of plywood and a pad lock and sit it outside your door. Then just give a key to your mailman. That way when you get a package he could just put it in there. Just an idea, I don't know if mailmen are allowed/will do that kind of thing.
- Peace in the Middle East!

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:02 am

they can do that

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:29 am

SpongeBuell wrote:couldn't you return it, or at least try?
Sorry, I never noticed this before, and I can't return it because the shop doesn't do refunds, and they give you the wrong games in some megadrive and snes boxes to piss you off, I've stopped shopping there

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

riva16

Post by riva16 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:10 pm

Hey man... Downlaod my PSone Portable tutorial from my site and go for it! http://djky2k3.tripod.com
Have fun!!!

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:13 pm

Wow.... off topic, but useful, so I ain't gonna complain

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)