PSOne into Arcade - H.D instead of CD-ROM and Emulators

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

G-force

Post by G-force » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:27 am

Agreed. A PC or even an Xbox would be better. An Xbox is what I'm using for my arcade cabinet, just because of ease-of-use. It's amazing what all you can do with that thing! Is there any game system you can't emulate on there? You can even do PS1.

Dbstew

Post by Dbstew » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:03 am

G-force wrote:Agreed. A PC or even an Xbox would be better. An Xbox is what I'm using for my arcade cabinet, just because of ease-of-use. It's amazing what all you can do with that thing! Is there any game system you can't emulate on there? You can even do PS1.
The can't emulate anything above N64 (which is great, but not all N64 games run smooth and the way they should)..
It's a pretty cool machine indeed, but emulation somehow never has the same feeling as the original console.. Even if you mod your NES/SNES controllers to make them playable on the XBOX (which I have done)..

Maor

Post by Maor » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:09 pm

I found a great SNES Emulator for PS2:
http://snes-station.gamebase.ca

Still, I can't figure out why I can't load games from my USB external HD... :(

Any help would be appreciated.

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:20 pm

You burned a copy of USBeXtreme, right? The modchip should allow the burned game to run. Try and find out what chip it is, there might be a firmware release for it that has a HDD loader built in.

Maor

Post by Maor » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:22 pm

Oh... Well... No.
Thanks Soundwave, I'll blame it on the language barrier :wink:

Now that I did burn it, the software loads and showing me the game list - which I can't play. Getting a black screen when trying to run one.

It's actually FAQ #4. Hope I'll find a way to overcome it.
I think it has somthing to do with "mode to enable USBextreme" thing, which I don't understand.
Sorry for asking about that here, but the forums are off in their website.

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Sat May 10, 2008 10:01 am

I tried doing this my friend and I gave up and just decided to work on the dreamcast arcade.
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."