SS's 5th portable N64, The SS64.

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

GoldenfrankO
PSN Username:FullFreak
360 GamerTag:GoldenfrankO

Post by GoldenfrankO » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:34 pm

wow that would be cool to own. Whats wrong with the analog stick though?

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:08 pm

Case got in the way, This was before I added the rubber top.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vomitsaw

Post by vomitsaw » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:11 pm

Diggin' that "fuel meter"! Pretty crazy that you were able to cram all that in there.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:45 am

If you make another N64P using that case, i'd pick a smaller screen, so the controller area doesn't have to be so cramped. 5" PSone screen is already rather large for a portable that size anyway.

The A, B and C-Buttons in their proper positions would be better, that portable looks too cramped and uncomfortable to play tbh.

Neildo_64
Portablizer

Post by Neildo_64 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:47 pm

I would say its a step up from your previous cases, but there are SO many things on there that could be a lot better with just a little more work. Like things being extremely crooked; why? It takes just as much work to cut a crooked hole as it does a straight one. Your portables always seem to look as though they were rushed and you hurried through everything just to get them done. Don't take any of this the wrong way, I'm just saying that you could make some pretty bad ass portables if you spent a little more time on cosmetics. Anybody can run an console and a screen off batteries and cram it in a box. Everyone here knows that you are capable of nice cases, so why not show us one? :wink: Oh and also, I think you and your friend hot glue need to sit down together and work out some issues. :lol:

Once again, don't take any of this negatively. I'm just trying to give some friendly advice. After all, it is a fully functional portable Nintendo 64. :P
Current projects:
Ultimate N64 Guide
N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:09 pm

The A, B and C-Buttons in their proper positions would be better, that portable looks too cramped and uncomfortable to play tbh
Well, Its actually very comfprtable to play. The a and b buttons are actually more commmfortable to use like this.

Seriously, there is no external hotglue that isn't just waiting on the plastic cover! Where is everyne getting that I ued too much hotglue! I barely used any hot glue in this!

SS

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:00 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:Well, Its actually very comfprtable to play. The a and b buttons are actually more commmfortable to use like this.
Oh, it's a design feature.
ShockSlayer wrote:Seriously, there is no external hotglue that isn't just waiting on the plastic cover! Where is everyne getting that I ued too much hotglue! I barely used any hot glue in this!
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/ ... G_1235.jpg

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:04 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:Seriously, there is no external hotglue that isn't just waiting on the plastic cover!
i'm pretty sure this indicates he isn't done with the case. like he's going to cover it up with the plastic cover...?
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

johnbjuice

Post by johnbjuice » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:32 pm

It actually looks pretty good. And it's quite small. I like it! Image

- Juice 8)

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:26 pm

@lovablechevy: Thanks for clearing that up.

@johnbjuice: Thanks!

@Skyone:
Oh, it's a design feature.
The italicized words threw me off on the meaning.

Anyways, the reason why my ports are kinda crooked, is because I was slightly rushed, but I can easily straighten those up next chance I get.

SS

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:32 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:@vskid: Thanks, I can get pics of the inside sometime later, today I'm making a movie with my friends.
Just wondering if you'd gotten some pics of the inside. I'm really interested in making one similar to yours, but I'm wondering what other screens could fit and such before I order a case.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:16 pm

I promise I will get you some soon. All I can say Is that I had to cut down a lot on the screens mobo.

SS

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:04 am

Yes, I can imagine you had to reduce the screen mobo by 15-20mm to make it fit; hence it had to have an LED mod on the screen (as you did).

Thanks for the PM about covering the front of the casing, I have sent you a PM, hope it helps.

Helpplease

Post by Helpplease » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:37 am

Sweet portable SS. Just need some better casing. (no really need to say that when everyone else have all ready said that)
That case is awsome, craming a N64 in there. Makes me want to build my own.

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Sun May 18, 2008 10:33 pm

For you shockslayer this is incredible. I like it a bunch. The case job is nice.