MIDWEST GAMING CLASSIC 2008 [its over :( ]

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:36 am

My panel is going to be at 3 PM Saturday.

Not quite sure what I'm going to talk about, any suggestions? ;)

Probably do at least half of it Q&A...

-Ben

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:19 am

bicostp wrote:
jones wrote:Yeah, this winter has been something else. It has really made start thinking about whether or not I want to continue to live in this part of the country.
Then come on over to the northeast! Sure we get snow, but no lake-effect blizzards, tornadoes, or tropical hurricanes to worry about. 8) (Except Buffalo, NY. They get pounded with snow every year.) You just have to worry about drivers around here; Boston's spaghetti road network and Rhode Island in general make for hazardous conditions. I think this year we got a total of a foot ofsnow, and a lot of that came in short spurts that only lingered for a little while.

The only really bad thing? We're far from the MGC. :(
I've been out to that part of the country once (New York when I was like 14) and it seemed pretty nice. I would think that one thing that would be cool about living in that area is all the history that would be available to soak up.

A foot of snow, huh? That would be awesome! We've had a record-breaking year this winter with about 100 inches now. The old record was 84 inches I believe. It has just been ridiculous this year. This past week it was in the 40's and low 50's all week until Friday when we got another 7 inches or so of snow. Ugh!

I can't complain too much though. At least we didn't get the massive amounts of rain and flooding that the lower midwest are having to deal with. That's not good at all...

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:28 am

benheck wrote:My panel is going to be at 3 PM Saturday.

Not quite sure what I'm going to talk about, any suggestions? ;)

Probably do at least half of it Q&A...

-Ben
To tell the truth, your presentation from last year would probably be ok... it was interesting, and most people there aren't from here, so any repeats probably forgot most things between now and then. Plus, you'd probably have a different group of people. As Jerry Seinfeld (I think) says, "it's easier to change your audience than your material"
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

G-force

Post by G-force » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:08 pm

Hey guys! Sorry I'm so late getting in here. I'm hopefully pikcing up cowsgoquack101 before leaving indiana at bout 5. So I might not see some of you until late, depending how fast I drive. :P

Anyone else between indiana and wisconsin need a ride?

No portables from me, alas. Although, I do have that one NOAC sitting there... :roll:

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:55 pm

Hayden's coming? YESSSS! :D
G-force wrote:No portables from me, alas. Although, I do have that one NOAC sitting there... :roll:
Well, bring it anyways, I need a Famicom game tester again this year. :P

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:12 pm

From what Hayden told me, it's looking like he's probably NOT going... sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:28 pm

I feel like i missing out on a something great.

Oh well, MGC 09 I will be there. Mark my words!! I will be there.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:16 pm

Sorry guys. Seems I can't make it this year. I have the money (saved $1700 to go), but my parents say I can't go by myself and no one I know Can go with me. :cry:

Next year nothing will Stop me. My only fear is that there may not be a next year.
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:36 pm

Yesterday I dropped my exhaust system from the headers down and bought a new setup for $400 from Napa. No more farty noise or carbon monoxide headaches for me!

This means I'm coming, hehe

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:29 pm

Progress report! appx 50% done with the volvo! nao pix

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:54 pm

Whoa, I don't mean any offense Triton, but that thing looks like something I'd see south of 8 mile.

I'll likely be in town sometime around Friday. I'm also bring our other admin, gannon. So all I have to do is get packing, get some cash, and finish a few miscellaneous computer things (like GPS) and I'll be ready.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:17 pm

Im trying to round up some cash too haha

People need to stop putting stuff in the trading post

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:31 pm

its a bit rough and dirty and not fully put back together yet, iowa winters play hell on cars and this one is no exception! it will look MUCH improved come MGC i assure you

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:33 am

project_failure wrote:Sorry guys. Seems I can't make it this year. I have the money (saved $1700 to go), but my parents say I can't go by myself and no one I know Can go with me. :cry:

Next year nothing will Stop me. My only fear is that there may not be a next year.
Would it help any if you flew in, rather than drove? With that kind of money, you could fly and still have plenty of money leftover. You're from the Dallas area, if I remember right (ok, I did an IP check to make sure :oops: )... you could fly to Milwaukee for about $750, or Minneapolis for about $550. I'd take Northwest, not American, since the planes American used are grounded for inspections and your flight would probably be canceled. From Minneapolis, they have a shuttle that'll take you to the city where I go to school, and you can ride with me to Milwaukee from there. The shuttle would run about $50RT.

Let me know if you're interested, I'd get something before seats fill up/go up in price :)
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel

krafter

Chicago

Post by krafter » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:21 am

SpongeBuell wrote:
project_failure wrote:Sorry guys. Seems I can't make it this year. I have the money (saved $1700 to go), but my parents say I can't go by myself and no one I know Can go with me. :cry:

Would it help any if you flew in, rather than drove? With that kind of money, you could fly and still have plenty of money leftover. You're from the Dallas area, if I remember right (ok, I did an IP check to make sure :oops: )... you could fly to Milwaukee for about $750, or Minneapolis for about $550. I'd take Northwest, not American, since the planes American used are grounded for inspections and your flight would probably be canceled. From Minneapolis, they have a shuttle that'll take you to the city where I go to school, and you can ride with me to Milwaukee from there. The shuttle would run about $50RT.

Let me know if you're interested, I'd get something before seats fill up/go up in price :)
Another option is to fly to Chicago. Usually the cheapest flights to Milwaukee are those that go to Chicago and then you shuttle to Milwaukee.

Chicago is much closer to Milwaukee than Minneapolis. I think at this late hour though there is no avoiding an expensive flight. The cheapest I see into Chicago is still in the $450 range.

--Chris