NESp V3

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:53 pm

Nice work! Its very clean and small. I like how you rounded the corners.
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

shmagoogin77
Portablizer

Post by shmagoogin77 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:59 pm

wow man this thing is nice :D
how long did it take?

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:28 pm

Your website gets better with each project you post. It's really shaping up nicely.

Where did you get your particular 10k ohm slider from? I've always wanted to play with one of those.

This really is a well built portable. The small features just add up, such as the hex headed screws, the volume slider, the retro wood grain with speaker hole slots, and the rounded corners. It's so small too. At first glance it looks thick, but looking at the pictures on your site I see that half the thickness is due to the cartridge slot. Nice!

Should you ever feel inspired to write a "how-to" about making wooden cases as nice as yours I'm sure we'd all appreciate it :D
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:48 pm

Life of Brian wrote:Your website gets better with each project you post. It's really shaping up nicely.
Thanks. I really try to keep it up to date and add as much content as possible. My current website is probably the 7th or so form.
Where did you get your particular 10k ohm slider from? I've always wanted to play with one of those.
Mouser.com part number 312-319AF-10K They have a lot of different sizes and values.
This really is a well built portable. The small features just add up, such as the hex headed screws, the volume slider, the retro wood grain with speaker hole slots, and the rounded corners. It's so small too. At first glance it looks thick, but looking at the pictures on your site I see that half the thickness is due to the cartridge slot. Nice!
Thanks again. Yah it looks kinda weird cause it is small. It is no way the size of Ben's Micro NOACp but its getting there (shakes fist in Ben's general direction)
Should you ever feel inspired to write a "how-to" about making wooden cases as nice as yours I'm sure we'd all appreciate it :D
Sounds like a good idea. Next time I make a case I will try to document the entire thing from design to the finished product. I really want to do another NOAC as I believe I can improve my case designs much faster with them.

I am already thinking of ideas of how to slim the case down for the next one.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:21 pm

You fail at contra. But not at making wooden portables. *GAME OVER*
Hey, sup?

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Very, very nice wood case! There are a lot more restrictions and things to be concerned about when working with it - if you mess up one cut, that's the end of it!

GoldenfrankO
PSN Username:FullFreak
360 GamerTag:GoldenfrankO

Post by GoldenfrankO » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:12 pm

can you repost pictures? There all dead.

khaag

Post by khaag » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:58 pm

Just check the site posted.
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:58 pm

Nice work I like the would case how long did you sand?
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:12 pm

Parker, I hate to go off topic, but is that your cat in your avvie? Sailing season is coming soon!
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:17 pm

Tibia wrote:Parker, I hate to go off topic, but is that your cat in your avvie? Sailing season is coming soon!
Nah its a club (UT sailing club) Sunfish. What do you mean its "almost" sailing season? We have been sailing since January. :wink:
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:42 pm

Ah. I see the fish now. :) I've got a Sidewinder rigged with a Sunfish sail. Someday, I want to get the actual Sidewinder rigging back on her. I envy you southerners with your mild weather. :D
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.