Smokers - Nonsmokers on Benheck

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

toby dawg
Portablizer

Post by toby dawg » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:11 pm

ChrisS wrote:Meh...........100 years from now you're still going to be dead whether you smoked or not. :)
Yeah man thats pretty much my outlook on life, no one will ever remember or care about anything you've done, might sound dark but its true.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:27 pm

Unless you do something big.

Don't think of really hard to reach big, like Bill Gates or owner of IBM big.

Think Facebook big. It was just one guy who made a website that people liked. His creation was liked by so many people, it became pretty big. (Mind yo, I couldn't name the guy without a Google search).

If you think you can do something big, you probably won't, because it's very hard and most people give up. But those who don't DO make it big.

That's MY outlook

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:58 am

Kurt_ wrote:
"in europe smoking is banned in bars pubs clubs and anywhere that has more than 3 walls (including ceiling) i agree with that, but smoking outside does no harm to anyone else."
So, if a pub was a triangular pyramid...
That'd probably work as a loophole (although you'd have to build the building, which wouldn't be worth it)

You know people have been putting up tents inside their bars, because it's allowed in tents. Crazy.

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:03 am

does anybody actually KNOW the name of the IBM owner? Albert IBM?

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:10 am

toby dawg wrote:
ChrisS wrote:Meh...........100 years from now you're still going to be dead whether you smoked or not. :)
Yeah man thats pretty much my outlook on life, no one will ever remember or care about anything you've done, might sound dark but its true.
same here, i do plenty of other things that endanger my health smoking is the least of my worries :lol:

besides people forget, smoking is enjoyable. is not like we're all just hopeless addicts. i dont tend to give up things i enjoy.

life is for living while you're young. Once you start to settle down its probably time to give up things like that.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:20 am

International Business Machines Corporation (abbreviated IBM, nicknamed "Big Blue"

The company is one of the few information technology companies with a continuous history dating back to the 19th century. IBM manufactures and sells computer hardware and software, and offers infrastructure services, hosting services, and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.[1]

Samuel J. Palmisano, Chairman & CEO
Mark Loughridge SVP & CFO
Dan Fortin, President (Canada)
Frank Kern, President (Asia Pacific)
Nick Donofrio, EVP (Innovation & Technology)
Bruno Di Leo, President IOT Northeast Europe
Dominique Cerutti, President IOT Southwest Europe

Founded 1889, incorporated 1911

The company which became IBM was founded in 1888 as the Tabulating Machine Company by Herman Hollerith, in Broome County, New York. It was incorporated as Computing Tabulating Recording Corporation (CTR) on June 16, 1911, and was listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 1916. IBM adopted its current name in 1924, when it became a Fortune 500 company.
So, really, the guy who started IBM is long gone. Quite interesting though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:25 pm

I dont smoke and never will
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

theelk

Post by theelk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:44 pm

toby dawg wrote:
You may die some day, but do you have to pay your hard-earned money to bring you closer to your inevitable death? Don't pay for something you can get for free.

Of course, I do advocate for those who smoke. Although I don't do it, and don't like being in a room soaked in the stench of it, it's still a choice that people make and it's best to just provide them with the facts and let them make their own decision. As far as I see it, I have better things to spend my money on. Like games.
I don't want to make an "I'm leaving" thread, but I've sort of lost interest in this board. So if you notice that I'm gone, that's why.

5M05H13

Post by 5M05H13 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:51 am

Extreme_Jesus wrote:
bacteria wrote:
5M05H13 wrote:i am more of a social smoker i will have one with someone but if im home on my own i more than likely wont. and then again when i have a few drinks i definitely have to smoke im not sure why it just goes hand in hand with me
Smoking is not social behaviour, how can it be when non-smokers around a smoker hate the stench and odour?
because not all people are that bothered, (my friends included)
thats about right..and the fact i used to be a heavy smoker. i really toned down on the smoking but now i will enjoy a few with friends over a nice long chat and a couple of drinks. in my opinion almost anything can be a social behaviour if there are a group (could be a couple, or a few, or 100's) that enjoy doing the same activity together.
My PCs Specs:
AMD 4800+ (2.5Ghz Dual Core)
2GB RAM (2x1GB)
NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT (512MB)
320GB of Storage (1x160GB. 2x80GB)
LG DVD Burner
860W PSU
LG 19" Widescreen DVI and VGA LCD Monitor (1440x900)
Logitech X530 5.1 Sound System

khaag

Post by khaag » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:37 am

You know, I heard a startling and frankly quite frightening fact on the radio the other day... Apparently the new cancer statistics came out and 1 in 2.5 will get cancer. That's pretty scary if you ask me... And I'm not gonna heighten my chances of being that 1 in 2.5 by smoking.
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:50 pm

Smoker, although no longer habitually. Now I only smoke when I get high or drink. Otherwise I've lost my interest for cigarettes when I'm not high.

G-force

Post by G-force » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:42 pm

I smoke off and on. I love to do it when I drive and listen to music. Mixed in with drinking is nice too. I didn't start because of peer pressure, I don't think most people do. They do it because we live in a high stress society. I used to play games whenever I was stressed, but I just don't have the time anymore (hell I barely get 6 hours of sleep on average). So going nuts in the cold weather, I started smoking. Working 30 hours, and full time school, it was the only thing I could enjoy. Fast and easy. Got me through a semester and a half. Thats all I wanted. Now I just have to get off. The weather is getting better, and I love free running far too much to keep it up. I went from maybe 1-2 a day to half a pack a day lately.

Only smoked 1 today and I feel fine. :P Tomorrow I'm hoping for none.

I hear if you make it past 3 days without smoking you'll be good. Anyone else hear that?

Sharp Sapphire
Portablizer

Post by Sharp Sapphire » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:53 pm

The 3 day hump. Yeah. No. :)

Also, G-Force, ever check your PM's? lol.
soundwave wrote:Smoker, although no longer habitually. Now I only smoke when I get high or drink. Otherwise I've lost my interest for cigarettes when I'm not high.
High on happyness, right?
Things I need to purchase for my NES Laptop:
1X PSone screen
6X 1.2v 3500mAh sub-C's
1X 1/8'' to RCA stereo Adapater
1X Radioshack repair kit

..yeaaaaah...

khaag

Post by khaag » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:03 pm

lol, lets not bring the mary-jane discussion on over here too. :roll:
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:24 pm

Sharp Sapphire wrote:The 3 day hump. Yeah. No. :)

Also, G-Force, ever check your PM's? lol.
soundwave wrote:Smoker, although no longer habitually. Now I only smoke when I get high or drink. Otherwise I've lost my interest for cigarettes when I'm not high.
High on happyness, right?
No, high on Marijuana. I'm not bringing a Marijuana discussion here, I'm just stating, that's when I enjoy smoking cigarettes.

And if a Marijuana discussion is inappropriate, this thread should be as well, as the two go practically go hand in hand for the teenager/young adult age group.