Drinkers - Nondrinkers on Benheck

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

HBN
Drinkers - Nondrinkers on Benheck

Post by HBN » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:40 am

Idea acquired from Neildo_64 (Hope you don't mind), then slightly edited.

I don't drink... Yet. But it smells good!

NOTE: I don't mean drink until you get knocked off your head. Because then you don't enjoy the drink. If thats how you take it, then fine. I'm speaking for myself on this note.
Please keep an eye on my HBN64 progress.
HBN-Style Anti-Noise Headphones.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.
Long live the Queen of Bondo!

khaag

Post by khaag » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:52 am

Yes, I do... but I think this topic will be locked in the near future.
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:19 am

Just the occasional beer, or vodka. Very little really, I don't need to drink booze.

Yup, these threads are getting silly and irrelevant.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:20 am

I'm straight edge.

5M05H13

Post by 5M05H13 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:27 am

i prolly shouldnt but yeah ill drink a fair bit...talking about that nxt weekend got my mates party being held at my place so yeah looking forward to the hangover on sunday morning...but i will not get that drunk i end up in the tiolet all night...
My PCs Specs:
AMD 4800+ (2.5Ghz Dual Core)
2GB RAM (2x1GB)
NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT (512MB)
320GB of Storage (1x160GB. 2x80GB)
LG DVD Burner
860W PSU
LG 19" Widescreen DVI and VGA LCD Monitor (1440x900)
Logitech X530 5.1 Sound System

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:28 am

5M05H13 wrote:i prolly shouldnt but yeah ill drink a fair bit...talking about that nxt weekend got my mates party being held at my place so yeah looking forward to the hangover on sunday morning...but i will not get that drunk i end up in the tiolet all night...
Judging by your post wording, etc; you are still inebriated :wink:

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:37 am

I do not. I never have.

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:07 am

Youths and young adults shouldn't drink alcohol anyway. Wait until you become an adult and stand a chance of being a bit more responsible about it.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:37 am

I have to wait about 8 more months before I can legally drink here in the states.

You can't believe the pamphlets they give you in school, which basically tell you "all drinking is bad!". The occasional drink is okay as long as you don't have too much.

Drinking is only bad when you drink to excess and wind up with your head in the toilet and a splitting hangover. That's when you do real damage to your brain and liver.

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:52 am

Well, since I live in germany I'm technically allowed to drink it, I just never wanted to

lovablechevy

Post by lovablechevy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:10 am

i drink probably 3-4 times a week. of course, by drinking i mean having 1 bottle of something. not getting smashed. not even getting a buzz. i just like the taste.

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:27 am

I personally think that the drinking age should be way lower, esp. in the states. People are all like "oh well teenagers shouldn't be able to drink", but why? As soon as these kids hit 21 they go out and get trashed for like a week. Not everyone, but you know it happens all the time. Is that better? We are giving 16 year old kids licenses, but we aren't letting them learn to drink responsibly until 21. Does that make sense?

I think it should be other way around.

Anyways yeah I drink. I used to just pound the liquor in highschool but that led too too much puking and I gave up on alcohol. Theres way better drugs out there ;)

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:37 am

I used to love rum. It's all I would drink, and I'd down it straight. One day last month I drank too much, almost (luckily not quite) enough to be throwing up. Now, drinking rum is a burden in itself. My body tries to reject it going down. This happens will all over-drinking. My lesson learned? Don't binge drink with things you love. :P

When it comes to drinking, I'm rather hypocritical. I don't support it at all. I don't like to see others drinking.

HBN

Post by HBN » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:48 am

bicostp wrote:Drinking is only bad when you drink to excess and wind up with your head in the toilet and a splitting hangover. That's when you do real damage to your brain and liver.
Exactly. Thats what I was trying to imply for myself.
timmeh87 wrote:I personally think that the drinking age should be way lower, esp. in the states. People are all like "oh well teenagers shouldn't be able to drink", but why? As soon as these kids hit 21 they go out and get trashed for like a week. Not everyone, but you know it happens all the time. Is that better? We are giving 16 year old kids licenses, but we aren't letting them learn to drink responsibly until 21. Does that make sense?
That makes perfect sense to me. Heres another way to look at it:

At eighteen years of age, you are allowed to die for your country. But you aren't allowed to drink. Wheres the logic? Sure, drinking can be deadly. But a bullet is far more deadly, and a land mine even worse. Not to mention suicide bombers.

Its jacked. But thats how it works. *shrug*, I guess you either live with it, or ignore it.
Please keep an eye on my HBN64 progress.
HBN-Style Anti-Noise Headphones.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.
Long live the Queen of Bondo!

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:34 am

definitly a drinker

only a month and a bit till im finially legal, not that thats stopped me so far

i feel for you lot having to wait till 21, i think 18 is too high :lol:

i do drink heavily but that whats i enjoy, as do my friends. Getting hammered is a fond pastime of mine.

on the subject of drinking law i reckon the age for beer and cider (maybe wine too, i dont know im not a wine drinker) should be 16. that way you get kids drinking in a safe pub enviroment where its controlled, instead of buying cheap vodka and getting smashed on the street corner. Let's face it kids are going to drink no matter what the government does so why dont they try getting them to do it in a safe enviroment?