Married or Divorced?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Are your parents married or divorced?

Married
87%
Divorced
13%

Total votes: 45

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:30 pm

Negative_Creep wrote:Happily married for 22 years. Divorce is flat out wrong, whats that line... Till Death Do Us Part? exactly.
Well, my parents were just married legally. I don't know if that's different but my parents didn't have a wedding, just a courthouse and a wedding license.

Now just because my parents are divorced doesn't mean that they're still not great friends. They were married for 16 years and have always been great friends.

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:37 pm

Negative_Creep wrote:Divorce is flat out wrong, whats that line... Till Death Do Us Part? exactly.
Well, my father turned into kind of an @$$, so... :?

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:45 pm

I still don't agree with Divorce...

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:59 pm

My parents will have been married for 40 years come this September.

I, on the other hand, am in the process of getting divorced after just over 3 years. I don't agree with divorce either, but when your wife comes home out of the blue and says "I don't love you anymore" and does not want to work on it at all, it doesn't really leave one with much choice...

So far we are remaining "friends". Hopefully that continues...

Glad to see that most people here have parents who have weathered the storms that marriage threw their way and been made the better for it. :)

PS - Not that I post often, but if I have seemed a little "off" at times over the past few months this would be the reason why.

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:55 pm

jones wrote:My parents will have been married for 40 years come this September.

I, on the other hand, am in the process of getting divorced after just over 3 years. I don't agree with divorce either, but when your wife comes home out of the blue and says "I don't love you anymore" and does not want to work on it at all, it doesn't really leave one with much choice...

So far we are remaining "friends". Hopefully that continues...

Glad to see that most people here have parents who have weathered the storms that marriage threw their way and been made the better for it. :)

PS - Not that I post often, but if I have seemed a little "off" at times over the past few months this would be the reason why.
I'm sorry to hear that Jones. From listening to you on the podcast, it sounded like you both got along well and that she even enjoyed playing videogames. That's tough. Best of luck with everything.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:19 pm

Is this the part where the people who clicked "Married" beat up the people who clicked "Divorced"?
So far we are remaining "friends".
Why? Either she lied about her true feelings, or she was too scatter-brained to recognize her own true feelings. In both cases she doesn't sound worthy of your friendship. In your shoes, I'd try to cause as much distress as possible, and take any money or property I could through underhanded legal channels.

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:55 pm

Black Six wrote:I'm sorry to hear that Jones. From listening to you on the podcast, it sounded like you both got along well and that she even enjoyed playing videogames. That's tough. Best of luck with everything.
Thanks man. I really appreciate it. :D These past few months have been very difficult, but I have finally started to come to grips with it as much as I can at this point anyway.

I'm not exactly what one would call a spiritual person, but i do believe that things happen for a reason. It may take awhile, but I'm sure eventually I will understand why this happened and I'll be a better and stronger person for it.

I must say that I would not wish this experience on my mortal enemy. I can't even describe what these past few months have been like in terms that anyone who hasn't been through it can understand. It has definitely sucked though...
teraflop122 wrote:Why? Either she lied about her true feelings, or she was too scatter-brained to recognize her own true feelings. In both cases she doesn't sound worthy of your friendship. In your shoes, I'd try to cause as much distress as possible, and take any money or property I could through underhanded legal channels.
I can appreciate where you're coming from (you are pretty accurate on the reasons for the split though), but being friendly throughout the divorce process is the way to go. I have talked to people who have been divorced and they said that if it can be resolved amicably then that is the way to go. Otherwise you get lawyers involved and things can get ugly fast.

So far things have been pretty civil and we've been working everything out without too much difficulty. The lame part is that in Wisconsin you have to wait 4 months from the time papers are filed until the divorce becomes finalized. So this won't be completely over with until probably sometime in August since we are just filing now.

Maybe Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn were right to never get married. It just complicates things and makes things messy when you decide to go your separate ways. :lol: