gunman on campus

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

samus
Steam ID:masamus
gunman on campus

Post by samus » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:41 pm

we've all heard of the threat. but what are the chances that it'll happen to you?

just now the intercom in my dormitory started blaring, that never happens unless something serious is going down. there's a gunman on the UNI campus and we're all locked inside our dorm rooms and we're all whispering and turning things down. The UNI website, at this moment, reads: "There is a potential threat of a weapon on campus. Stay away from Dancer Hall. More updates to follow." that is, if you can even get <i>on</i> the site. (btw, my dorm is on the complete opposite side of campus from dancer. good for me, huh?)

so, now i'm bored and sick of waiting for updates. what do you guys think about threats on college campus's turning up nationwide?

to be perfectly honest, i <b>never</b> thought that this would even cross someone's mind here.

why would someone even think of doing something like this?

EDIT: new update from the site, if you want to keep track it's http://www.uni.edu. it'll take awhile to get there because everyone and their mother is trying to get to it. here's the new one, a little more info.

"UNI Police have received a threat of a gunman coming to campus to confront a student in Dancer Hall. Dancer Hall is locked down, Please stay away from the towers area -- Dancer Hall, Bender Hall and Towers Center. More updates to follow."

just got another intercom message "stay in your rooms!" lol. i have to pee.
Last edited by samus on Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:46 pm

jesus, crap like this is crazy. good thing your across campus from it! aparently the gunman is there to confront another student? crazy crap mari, keep us all posted!

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:29 pm

"because everyone and their mother "

...is it just me, or does that sound like everyone on campus has the same mother? :wink: Talk about sleeping around!

Now, you see Triton, this is why everyone having a gun vs. everyone having a knife or other weapon (Canada vs. US) is more different than you think. You never hear "Knifeman on Campus! Everyone hide!". A gun commands much more power, because even a baby can use it! Other weapons require skill and strength, something gunmen usually don't have otherwise they'd just fight them like any normal person.

samus

Post by samus » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:41 pm

Talk about sleeping around!
what? there are still people in college who are abstinent.
ther weapons require skill and strength, something gunmen usually don't have
lawl

by the way, the situation has been contained and i'm safe to go pee now. :)

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:50 pm

Dang, this is the second time today I heard something about something bad happening to someone else other that me. Did they get the gunman before he could cause harm?

EDIT: NVM, I see that the problem has been nutralinzed

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:00 pm

A gun commands much more power, because even a baby can use it! Other weapons require skill and strength, something gunmen usually don't have otherwise they'd just fight them like any normal person.
it takes more skill that you think to be able to fire a gun with accuracy and make shots count (shotguns are a different story) and it takes even LESS skill to bludgeon somebody with a bat or stab them (take sharp object, swing arm with pointy end facing target) or make a bomb even. guns have the advantage of range over other weapons (cept explosives) but thats about it. guns arent the problem its the fact that dangerous people can get them and there isnt much you can do that would stop that (banning guns would cause 10x as many problems and not stop the criminals from getting them)

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:04 pm

This is just one more example of how people are inherently evil. Really, once you accept it, stuff like this will no longer surprise you.

Anyway, college can be incredibly stressful. Some people finally decide that they've had enough and return home to a (hopefully) understanding family. When someone's pressured into staying...then you get these kinds of problems I think.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:21 pm

samus wrote:
Talk about sleeping around!
what? there are still people in college who are abstinent.

I don't think you got what he was saying :lol:

samus

Post by samus » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:09 pm

some info has been released. it turns out, a guy in that dorm threatened to kill his girlfriend (also in that dorm..) with a gun. she called it in. and it took 'em about two hours to find him in des moines (two hours away) and apprehend him.

abusive boyfriend, i'm guessing. in my opinion, guys like that don't deserve a girlfriend.

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:22 pm

It's becoming like a regular thing nowadays. All this stuff about evil guns in collages would go away if everybody had a gun.
ImageImage

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:28 pm

Glad everything's over with and you're ok. That is scary stuff, especially with what happened at Northern Illinois University (close to me) being so recent.

People will be people, and people are dangerous.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:38 pm

Bah! You people and you're "glad nothing happened"'s. What stories will you tell when you're older? Live a little!

An example:

"When I was in college there was some guy who had a gun, and I had to go pee but couldn't leave my room!"

or

"When I was in college there was some guy who had a gun, so I ran across campus and tried to talk him out of it, but got shot in the shoulder."

C'mon! It's a much better story!

DukeNukenFourEver

Post by DukeNukenFourEver » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:09 am

copulate going outside, I'll just do all my shopping (EVEN GROCERY SHOPPING) on the Internet and get my college study there as well. I blame emo people.

samus

Post by samus » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:19 am

if you ever attend this school, you'd be really freaking confused, too. it's, for the most part, full of drinking business and partying music and art students. there's a small amount of people who could be stupid like that. i don't know.

if i didn't have to go to class or work, i'd be in my room ALL the time! although.. there are online classes... hmmm.

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:22 am

Glad to here that your okay.
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure