Mesa back!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:04 pm

cowsgoquack101 wrote:I'm working on things but nothing that's worth posting about.
Also I just like knowing what goes on with you guys. Some members I've become friends with.
Same here. Not many of my friends are into tech stuff more than an average person, and none to the extent of most people on the forums. This is my place to talk about tech stuff.

Neildo_64
Portablizer

Post by Neildo_64 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:22 pm

Yeah, this place roxx0rz for geek-speak, tech-talk, and nerd-lingo. I am on these forums 3 or 4+ hours everyday. I think that means I have no life. lol.
Current projects:
Ultimate N64 Guide
N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:58 pm

How ya been Gamelver!

I got two things coming up but there not portables. :lol:
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:13 am

dudex77 wrote:
Negative_Creep wrote:I sorta agree, i've just returned but I find this forum slightly slow nowadays (no offense to anybody), still I hardly ever visit forums now.
you joined like 3 months ago
I have two accounts and my first one was registered in Late 2004

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:40 am

Negative_Creep wrote:
dudex77 wrote:
Negative_Creep wrote:I sorta agree, i've just returned but I find this forum slightly slow nowadays (no offense to anybody), still I hardly ever visit forums now.
you joined like 3 months ago
I have two accounts and my first one was registered in Late 2004
crap really? Who were you?
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:10 pm

I think he was Unidentified Assilant.

I think the main problem with this forum's lack of life is there are way too many people and rules, not enough controversial conversations (interesting stuff), and everything about portablization has already been found out. 2 of those things are irreversible so it's never gonna be as good as it was when i was a newb. We used to have a stoner, a village idiot, and more characterized people. Now we have a bunch of 12 year olds.
EDIT: Holy rusted metal batman, there are over 5000 users now!
ImageImage

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:33 pm

daguuy wrote:I think the main problem with this forum's lack of life is there are way too many people and rules
"Too many rules"?! We only have five and they're mostly just common-sense stuff. (The "Formalities" are basically guidelines, not things we necessarily enforce.)

But I agree, it's been kind of bland around here lately. We need our village idiot and resident stoner back. :(

vskid

Post by vskid » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:32 pm

Didn't our stoner give up drugs?
I miss the old guys like HK-47, nos, and peppers.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:38 pm

And Cennar? :P

vskid

Post by vskid » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:06 pm

Kurt_ wrote:And Cennar? :P
Cennar=the stoner.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:17 am

daguuy wrote:everything about portablization has already been found out.
Yes and also no; there are new techniques that can be used instead, or improvements to old ideas. Also, the forum has lots of bits of information here and there but not compiled in one thread (I will do a comprehensive guide on the SNES after I finish the N64 part of my current project).

To use your reference - Everything to do with making an aircraft fly has already been found out too, but that doesn't stop improvements in aircraft design and performance....

This forum certainly seems to have less people active in it at the moment and less viewings of threads, which is a pity. If members want a lively forum again (yes please), they need to perk things up by making more modding and hacking system projects and post them in the forum.

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:30 am

hey gamey, good to see you

hope this means a new GCp?
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:05 am

daguuy wrote:I think he was Unidentified Assilant.
Correct.

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:04 am

hmmm....I could've sworn I posted a response to this :P.

Anyway, I actually do have a new GCp that's essentially done, I just need batteries and a replacement motherboard to finish it up.

Also, there's my latest project, which I've been keeping secret until, randomly, now :P. It's a 4-in-1 portable, combining the NES, SNES, N64 and Genesis all in one case (that case being the GCp case, basically :P). I've already got the case done, with controls and screen in it and everything, and everything is wired up (even the Radica, which I FINALLY got to work :O!). All that's left is to get an N64 controller that'll work well with the GC joystick (which I'm using instead of the N64 one....better quality and less space, so why not?) and wiring all the systems together/fitting them in (plus batteries and switches and whatnot)....

That last part is the trickiest, so I've still got quite a bit of work to do. Combined with a lack of money and time, I doubt it will get finished any time before the summer. Hopefully I can finish it this summer (and I would like to, believe me!) :D.

Oh, and Spongey, that lack of money/time also means I very likely won't be able to make it to MGC this year, either :(. Maybe next year....
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:49 am

Gamelver - nice project, however I have two concerns for it:

1) The GameCube is rather thick and bulky which would be rather uncomfortable to hold and use, even if the sides were 32mm or less for hand holding (the cube box would still get in the way). I know you can play the system with the cube between your legs, but as per Nintendo 64 Advance, this is fine but not ideal in comparison.

2) Wiring multiple systems together is hard. I found that on my Nintendo 64 Advance. Buttons just didn't respond until I made them independent controls using the same buttons. Having four systems together will be hard and might need some automatic switching chips to keep the buttons and controls separate between the systems (I have no experience of these). I don't have this problem on my current project as the systems are interchangeable, and you can only have one system in place at any one time (after all you can only play one system at a time). Just a suggestion, but how about making the project similar to my design concept? - you can still have the four systems that way (as I will), yet in a thin system.

Good luck. Any pics to tempt us with, at this stage? Which forum will it go into (it can't go into four forums at the same time after all)?