This is a joke, right?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:48 pm

wat ur mom iz gay poundz r way btr than euros u phag

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:07 pm

i wuz actin lyk i wuz a americn u fool
cuz lyk
dats were portablus r maed n stuf

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:38 pm

klujcv kjgcfk jfhsd fskajdf aduyfa dkafdk adfka fakf fajks d aks fdkasf dkasf dukfyedkjf duy a.

Translation: Stop typing like idiots.

Seriously.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:43 pm

Way to type only on the home row. I can beat that!

cuenwe vv iuw vpvopq vnrjrvuvn smqpq xlxjchsa tr ddffkvc lzns jfpq vjsdjs

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:00 pm

dun u b hatin

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:52 pm

Lock it. Lock it now, b4 it gets worse. :wink:

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:34 pm

I've had a great deal of emails about my L64. I've gotten dozens of PMs here on the board, and almost a hundred emails (usually I delete on sight).

After I built jeffslot's L64 (bless his patience), I was offered upwards of $1000-1200 for another commission.
Although I would build one for that price without a doubt, I feel like the customer should be getting a more reliable and robust unit than I was capable of producing. So, I turned it down.
I also received a trade for a Sony AIBO.

There was some extreme stuff that I got, but after going through an ordeal of building the second one, it was pure agony. Friends would tell me "if you made them and sold them, you could make a lot of money". That may be true, but after the first time, it is not fun, it is drudgery, at least for me.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:32 am

Yes, let's keep this to a discussion and not a spamfest even though I was the one who started it.

It's interesting to see the huge gap in communication skills between someone who seems like a legitimately interested, sane person who is really excited about portables and... the scary folk out there. I've never understood the inability to express oneself in a legible manner. Does typing like that bother them, or when they are reading it elsewhere?

Speaking of your L64, marshallh - your design is certainly something worth copying. I know you were meticulous in your construction and it certainly paid off in the end, but the effort was probably tiring. Assuming you have no desire to make any more cases from your mold, could we persuade you to sell it? Preferably to me? :P
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

underclocked

Post by underclocked » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:29 am

Life of Brian wrote:Speaking of your L64, marshallh - your design is certainly something worth copying. I know you were meticulous in your construction and it certainly paid off in the end, but the effort was probably tiring. Assuming you have no desire to make any more cases from your mold, could we persuade you to sell it? Preferably to me? :P
If I remember right, I'm pretty sure he said it fell and broke. So Jeffslot has the only one.

limpport

Post by limpport » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:38 am

Rules 5.0 Formalities wrote:4. Grammar and spelling. Honestly, no one wants to read a truckload of letters that were misplaced in attempt to create some sort of words.
:P

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:22 pm

Life of Brian wrote:Does typing like that bother them, or when they are reading it elsewhere?
Their minds are probably numbed from texting. I don't understand how people can stand it. There are only a few acronyms I use while IMing, and I can barely stand that. If you're gonna say something, say it so that others can understand you.

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:17 pm

Those messages filled with CAPS and tons of grammatical errors aren't from people at all. They're really from a species that evolved from bricks. Their scientific name is "dumbass" and they should be ignored. They feed on responses they get from people they annoy and if you ignore them, they die from starvation.
ImageImage

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:46 am

bicostp wrote:klujcv kjgcfk jfhsd fskajdf aduyfa dkafdk adfka fakf fajks d aks fdkasf dkasf dukfyedkjf duy a.

Translation: Stop typing like idiots.

Seriously.
Don't be hatin cuz we can talk like twats

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:04 am

daguuy wrote:Those messages filled with CAPS and tons of grammatical errors aren't from people at all. They're really from a species that evolved from bricks. Their scientific name is "dumbass" and they should be ignored. They feed on responses they get from people they annoy and if you ignore them, they die from starvation.
Made me laugh! From bricks - Eric the half brick by any chance - look, I hypnotized it, it isn't moving? (Life of Brian should know this one, it was a Python joke!). Gawd, that dates me, I saw the series the first time around (when Python was funny).

Yes, it is a balancing act. People either want to offer you silly money which doesn't even cover materials, or aren't prepared to pay you a fair price given the serious amount of time it takes to make one of these portables. There is then the issue of what if something goes wrong with it, or the customer doesn't like the final result whether real or unreasonable. People can make their own portables by following the threads in this forum, that is the fun bit anyway - far more fun making portables than even playing them.

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:27 pm

What ever you do don't send those people here. We don't need a million retromasters/samfishers (we don't even need one).

This thread has made me self conscious of mistakes I make when typing stuff.
Could some point out any I made in this post?
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure