*EDIT* I have the pinout for the rb5p006am encoder chip

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

Dewie

Post by Dewie » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:54 pm

I have the Polaroid DVD player pictured above (and right here:)

However I do not have the Sharp RB5P006AM - instead I have a Panisonic MN5814 - a quite well documented chip. (http://files.darkfader.net/psx/files/LCD/MN5814.pdf)

What I would like to idealy be able to do is use the screen with composite input, or possibly as a computer monitor if possible (VGA input)

Pin 1 on this chip is said to be for composite input - I'm assuming this is the inside pin of an RCA plug and the outside is some type of ground?

I am sure the chip wasn't hooked up for composite input when it was in the dvd-player, so what do I need to do to make this work? am I likely to have to cut any traces?

I do have some expreience with electronics, many a car stereo, alarms, and remote starters installed, I've also played around with hardware output from the printerport on a computer a bit, so I have some experience - but know virtually none of the terms for some reason, so please bear with me.

myersn024

Post by myersn024 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:37 am

I haven't looked at the documentation you linked to, but if it is truly good documentation it should tell you which modes it can run in and how to put it in each mode.

Dewie

Post by Dewie » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:14 pm

I guess the documentation isn't that good then... that or I'm just too much of a damn n00b - speaking of which, sorry for hijacking the thread - I just figured it was closely related enough to try asking here..

xheavenlyx

Genius!

Post by xheavenlyx » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:00 pm

OhmyGod! @myersn024. You have done a good job at showing the right way to do it however for some people like me and 'deiol', luck isnt with us!

I think the world is really small. I got an Emerson Portable 2 screen DVD player with 7'' inch screens! (9.7V-25W) I opened them up, my first priority was to check up the Screen and the Encoder IC.

1. The screen is Innolux. http://www.pc8888.com/pdf/AT070TN01%20.pdf

2. The Enc IC is: VOILA!
This chip has 25 pins on each of its 4 sides and has a big T on it. Other markings are "T100" "F23547.1" and "2705-VSDA2".
There are 2 screens so the screen with the DVD player has T105 for the LCD and the other screen (just the screen with aud input too) has T100.

Here is an image: LARGEhttp://farm2.static.flickr.com/1209/131 ... 21a1_b.jpg
SMALL
Same like 'deiol's! I have been up online and searching for any clues on the datasheet but still no luck. The 'T100' is irritating! And whats with the decimal?? Even the company logo does not exist! Checked it on 3 IC logo sites and no results. Any idea to the company or the datasheet?? Has anyone ever come across this IC?

P.S1: @MR.MOD Correction, any cheap player will use the above unknown logo company, T100 like, and decimal using Encoder!
w000t! w00t! Rheumatic and still an electronic freak!

ela

Post by ela » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:29 pm

Long time lurker, but I figured I would reply. I have come across a similar
chip in my AMG portable dvd player (model no. ADP-706). The screen
is also an Innolux

It’s below the screen and is labeled:

T 100A
F63012.1
2905-VSDA2

Here is an image: http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4347/chip2qb3.jpg

I haven’t had any luck finding information about the chip series.

kaosengine17

need help with a potential project

Post by kaosengine17 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:48 pm

http://www.austinbull.com/pictures/innolux.JPG

this is a similar set up to my portable dvd player screen different controller chip :cheertek ct674-lf; b5434600; 633gmgab

i have a mini-itx mobo with vga and dvi output

my issue is that on the controller board there are three sets of connectors two of them have 10 leads and one has 4 leads.

how do i use theses leads?
do i use vga or dvi?
is it possible to use both

myersn024

Post by myersn024 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:04 pm

@kaos: Sorry I didn't know what you were talking about in your PM. I don't think you'll get VGA or DVI into this particular encoder chip. You might be able to find a pinout and input VGA directly to the LCD, but that's a long shot.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:10 pm

myersn024 wrote:@kaos: Sorry I didn't know what you were talking about in your PM. I don't think you'll get VGA or DVI into this particular encoder chip. You might be able to find a pinout and input VGA directly to the LCD, but that's a long shot.
VGA and DVI=RGB. Just depends on if its digital or analog RGB that the chip can take, VGA is analog, DVI has both.

diy_guy

Post by diy_guy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:10 am

Have any of yall tried goin to [[ http://www.datasheetcatalog.com ]] ?

It's where I found the complete manufacturers datasheet on the LTS500Q1 screen and AN2546FH controller IC. Mine came from a Mintek portable DVD.

I wanty to be able to use RCA video on mine, noob question, but is that Y/C or RGB? I think my backlight is blown out, how can I tell for sure? How can I tell if the controller board and or screen are fried, and is there anything I can do about it besides throw away?

Thank you myers! I've been trying to get somebody to answer my questions on where do I go from there and which pins to start with for about 8 months now!

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:06 am

RCA yellow plugs carry composite video, which is one signal. S-video (Y/C) splits the signal into two components to improve quality. RGB is the best, having three signals for each color and one for combined H and V sync (csync).

If you can find the Y and C pins on your chip, you are set.

You should be able to shine a flashlight on your screen with a high contrast image, and see at least something.

The backlight is an isolated circuit that rarely affects anything else. Most likely if it's blown (possible but not likely) the rest of the screen will work fine.

diy_guy

Post by diy_guy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:37 am

Thanks for the quick reply.
How do I tell which type of input is used on my screen? My datasheet shows that it can take Composite, Component, and Analog RGB input as well as the pin layout and description. All I've done so far (because I diddn't have a video device that I was willing to fry for science) is probe the screen and controller with a 6v DC power supply. Doing so I've found the common ground and pins where a + will make the screen one solid dark color, and a couple of pins that will make multi-colored lines randomly appear, all without a backlight coming on. After reading myers posts I understand my power supply V is a bit too low, so I'll make one from a 9v that I can control in a range of about 6v to 9v. How do I find out which pin is my constant power supply? Also once I find out which input mine is is there a diagram I can look at about how to go about probing the controller with my signal?

It has a 3.5795mhz quartz crystal next to the IC
From the AN2546FH-A commercial Datasheet:
Same for Conposite, Component, and Analog RGB Inputs;
2, 3, 4, 5 = R-Y out, B-Y out, R-Y in, B-Y in
8, 9, 10 = Rin1, Gin1, Bin1
11, 12, 13 = Rdet., Gdet., Bdet. (grounded w/1uf cap)
14, 15, 16 = Rin2, Gin2, Bin2
It appears that the RGBin1 set is not being used but RGBdet. and RGBin2 are being used and they have pads I should solder to.

Mon1018

Post by Mon1018 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:15 am

hcmtnbiker wrote:Can anyone come up with a list of what devices have the Sharp RB5P006AM decoder?
Is anyone doing support anymore?

Mon1018

Post by Mon1018 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:15 am

hcmtnbiker wrote:Can anyone come up with a list of what devices have the Sharp RB5P006AM decoder?
Is anyone doing support anymore?

blahblahblaster

Post by blahblahblaster » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:53 pm

i found this chip inside a mintek portable dvd player [MDP-1720].

the player was broken so i liberated the lcd from it. :twisted: the resulting swag is similar to what this topic's author posted [unfortunately that's all i could salvage, one of the screws was in there way tooo tight to release the rest of the board which was proabably faulty]. i'm new to all this and would just like to know some things:

i assume i can just power this thing by splicing in a ~7v power supply [did a bit of research and ~7v seems to be best] to the 3 wire connector thingy [adapter?]. but uhh what goes to the red [+ or -?] and why are there two blacks[one of them a gnd?] and which wire goes to them from the power supply[again, + or -]? also, am i safe in assuming i can just solder up some adapters[composite, s-video, etc.] right on the chip to get the thing up and running? there was also a 20-pin connector that i'm going to trace to see if i can't just splice in an adapter from there.

what i'd like to do is a diy cintiq by putting it over an intuos or if i can't get s-video to work, making it a sidemounted screen for/on my wii. also i'm planning a led hack on this depending on if the ccfl work or not.

thanks for any help.

btw i'd rather hijack this post rather than make a n00bish one. but maybe i'd have to if i dont get to where i'd like~ :?:
wow

Mon1018

Post by Mon1018 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:32 am

But i think that looks like a widescreen. :shock: