My N64p

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

User
My N64p

Post by User » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:41 pm

Damn finally l was able to get into this forum,l was never able to get a confirmation e-mail to activate my previous accounts l tried creating,but anyway onto my first portable l've tried to build,and its almost done,just need a controller!!!!!!!!!
my portable runs off 6 NI-MH sub-c batteries,that l was able to sandwich in my sytem internally.
5 inch psone screen
original n64 housing as my case
fan mod
some completely random homebuilt dc-dc converter from someone off ebay,its tiny which is good,but it overheats so l had to put it under my fan and it solved the problem of it resetting my nintendo 64 every minute >_>.
and thats pretty much all, the rest is in the pics l'm posting so yeh.
A big thanks to bacteria for his extremely helpful sticky topic as well as skyone for useful diagrams as well as anyone else in these boards l nabbed info from :D

everything running

ZELDA!

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:47 am

Good, pleased you liked my guide. Just a suggestion, but how about designing and making your own case out of perspex? It would look nice then...

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:36 am

Very nice job! It's very impressive, especially for a first timer. Keep up the great work!

EDIT:
User wrote:A big thanks to bacteria for his extremely helpful sticky topic as well as skyone for useful diagrams as well as anyone else in these boards l nabbed info from :D
Oh, your welcome. :P

Neildo_64
Portablizer

Post by Neildo_64 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:14 pm

Thats great! It's amazing to see a first post with pictures, even more amazing to see the portable almost complete. That looks great. Keep up the good work and keep us updated on any progress. 8)
Current projects:
Ultimate N64 Guide
N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable

GoldenfrankO
PSN Username:FullFreak
360 GamerTag:GoldenfrankO

Post by GoldenfrankO » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:25 pm

Thats very nice. I'd just creat a case for it.

Neildo_64
Portablizer

Post by Neildo_64 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:59 pm

Kind of an old thread isn't it? The electrical tape holding those heatsinks on is a bad idea, as the heatsinks now have no surface area because they are covered in tape.
Current projects:
Ultimate N64 Guide
N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:41 am

Yes, old topics seem to keep being brought back for no real reason lately.

Neildo_64 - Yes, he should have used heatsinks and not tape. As the fan is directly over the chips it should be able to cool them fine without heatinks, however he should have used heatsinks as a precaution.