NES mini (entire NES system in controller!)

Show off your completed projects, announce your hacking progress, or discuss upcoming events.

Moderator:Moderators

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:00 am

Eh, sure.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

electromaster64

Post by electromaster64 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:32 pm

Ok so am am definitely getting a NES clone and making one of these. Great work and yes I have been gone for a long time.

Has anyone measured to see if the Yobo will fit in an NES controller it seems to be all I can find on Ebay.
ImageImage

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:23 pm

[bump]

Looks like this has finally been <a href="http://www.hackaday.com/2007/11/29/nes- ... ">featured on Hack a Day</a>! :D

One reason the site's been crawling the past couple days, perhaps?

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:28 pm

heh, G-Force, you know something you made is cool when it's getting posts more then a year after you put it up.
\

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:33 pm

Well, it seems people in the comments thought this was Ben's work. I set 'em straight for ya, G! People need to give credit where it's due. :P

CTFan

G-force

Post by G-force » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:39 pm

Wow! I still can't believe how popular this thing is! I started an instructable for this, but haven't been able to get anywhere with it. With finals this week, I may have enough free time to get it done.

One common bash on this thing is that it doesn't use SD cards, or isnt USB connectable, blah blah blah. If you wanted that, just use an emulator and plug a NES controller into your computer! The LCD is better quality than a TV screen anyways! This is meant to be a console, with a cartridge you can actually plug in. That way it keeps the retro roots, while still being pretty cool looking (and somewhat portable) at the same time.

This is why people still spend $$ to buy the actual cartridges, when they could much easier just download the game for free. It just wouldnt be the same.

Thanks CTfan for the correction! But I'm afriad I'm just destined to be a benheck wannabe :P

-=FamilyGuy=-

Post by -=FamilyGuy=- » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:16 am

OMG That's SOLID !!

You mind making a simple, fast and clear tutorial on the red backlight nintendo logo ? It looks terrific !

-=FamilyGuy=-

ATOMICMAN

Post by ATOMICMAN » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:25 pm

-=FamilyGuy=- wrote:OMG That's SOLID !!

You mind making a simple, fast and clear tutorial on the red backlight nintendo logo ? It looks terrific !

-=FamilyGuy=-
i believe all he did was cut away the hard plastic behind the logo and mounted an led behind to to light it up.

Sharp Sapphire
Portablizer

Post by Sharp Sapphire » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:27 am

Question: Where did you get the 72 pin from? Is there a place that sells them? :/
Things I need to purchase for my NES Laptop:
1X PSone screen
6X 1.2v 3500mAh sub-C's
1X 1/8'' to RCA stereo Adapater
1X Radioshack repair kit

..yeaaaaah...

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:59 am

Sharp Sapphire wrote:Question: Where did you get the 72 pin from? Is there a place that sells them? :/
did you even look at his entire first post...?
G-force wrote:Image
Here everything is shown already taken apart, desoldered and dremeled apart, ready to be soldered to the famiclone. I later wired every connection by hand. Took a few hours, but since I've done it before on the
just do a search for family converter. i've bought both of mine from here.
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

Sharp Sapphire
Portablizer

Post by Sharp Sapphire » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:07 pm

lovablechevy wrote:
Sharp Sapphire wrote:Question: Where did you get the 72 pin from? Is there a place that sells them? :/
did you even look at his entire first post...?
G-force wrote:Image
Here everything is shown already taken apart, desoldered and dremeled apart, ready to be soldered to the famiclone. I later wired every connection by hand. Took a few hours, but since I've done it before on the
just do a search for family converter. i've bought both of mine from here.
Well, the first post is rather messy with multiple broken images. I also have never heard of a family converter before.
Things I need to purchase for my NES Laptop:
1X PSone screen
6X 1.2v 3500mAh sub-C's
1X 1/8'' to RCA stereo Adapater
1X Radioshack repair kit

..yeaaaaah...

G-force

Post by G-force » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:10 am

You could also go to a game store or pawn shop and buy one of those, oh so fun to get working NES game genies, and lop off the connector from it. Then use the guide in the NES forum sticky to wire it up.

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:25 pm

G-force wrote:You could also go to a game store or pawn shop and buy one of those, oh so fun to get working NES game genies, and lop off the connector from it. Then use the guide in the NES forum sticky to wire it up.
Which would you say is the best connector? The one from the Game genie, or the family converter?

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:49 pm

WhatULive4 wrote:
G-force wrote:You could also go to a game store or pawn shop and buy one of those, oh so fun to get working NES game genies, and lop off the connector from it. Then use the guide in the NES forum sticky to wire it up.
Which would you say is the best connector? The one from the Game genie, or the family converter?
Either one is good. I've seen both and I've handled both. All you do is get the 72-pin de-soldered and then you wire it to the NOAC board.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

GoldenfrankO
PSN Username:FullFreak
360 GamerTag:GoldenfrankO

Post by GoldenfrankO » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:11 pm

I'd love to have one of these.