What do I do?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Edutainment

Post by Edutainment » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:48 pm

So Many Kinds of Bagels wrote:My best advice would be to stop thinking.
Good advice. Staying home all day f'ks me up because I'm left to my own thoughts. When I'm at school, or doing something, I'm distracted from my thoughts, and thoughts suck.

benol

Post by benol » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:53 pm

I can't be distracted from thoughts. As a matter of fact, I am constantly thinking. It drives me mad.
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

So Many Kinds of Bagels

Post by So Many Kinds of Bagels » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:11 pm

benol wrote:I can't be distracted from thoughts. As a matter of fact, I am constantly thinking. It drives me mad.
Same. It's terrible. It's like "Shut the fu*k up so I can have fun" but then my thoughts are like "you can have fun and still think" and then my angry thoughts are like "no I can't" and I'm not schizophrenic, nor am I trying to sound it, but I really can't avoid contradicting my own thoughts.
Valve is the best company.

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:30 pm

Get a job. Put all that wasted time to use making money and meeting people at work. As an annoying smooth talking advertising guy would say, "discover a whole new world outside of school!"
ImageImage

So Many Kinds of Bagels

Post by So Many Kinds of Bagels » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:05 pm

daguuy wrote:Get a job. Put all that wasted time to use making money and meeting people at work. As an annoying smooth talking advertising guy would say, "discover a whole new world outside of school!"
He's already working, I thinking. Or he will be.
Kurt_ wrote:...I'll be working until at least August...
So yea.

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:15 am

daguuy wrote:Get a job. Put all that wasted time to use making money and meeting people at work. As an annoying smooth talking advertising guy would say, "discover a whole new world outside of school!"
I wish I could....the only job they will let me get here in Nl is bringing round ads. (yes it sucks monkey balls on a stick on the anus of a female dog that has been castrated more times then al gore!, there I said it.)

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:00 pm

I'm not working yet, I'm starting February-ish.

There is no way I could ever stop thinking. I have nothing to replace the thoughts with. I try.

Some new developments have occurred. My ex told me off, telling me to stay out of her business and the likes. (I worry still, like I said, she's heading downhill). Her best friend, one of the people who was helping me through this experience told me the same thing.

I talked to some people today at school, and I think I'm going to try some anti-depressives. The last few nights I have suffered from insomnia, even when I increased the dose of my herbal sedative (I already have trouble sleeping...). I can't concentrate in school, I've lost my pep, and I just don't feel like doing anything.

Does anyone care to share some stories involving these things?
Hey, sup?

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:09 pm

jeroen wrote: I wish I could....the only job they will let me get here in Nl is bringing round ads. (yes it sucks monkey balls on a stick on the anus of a female dog that has been castrated more times then al gore!, there I said it.)
Don't you get paid less than minimum wage aswell?
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

So Many Kinds of Bagels

Post by So Many Kinds of Bagels » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:16 pm

Kurt_ wrote:I'm not working yet, I'm starting February-ish.

There is no way I could ever stop thinking. I have nothing to replace the thoughts with. I try.

Some new developments have occurred. My ex told me off, telling me to stay out of her business and the likes. (I worry still, like I said, she's heading downhill). Her best friend, one of the people who was helping me through this experience told me the same thing.

I talked to some people today at school, and I think I'm going to try some anti-depressives. The last few nights I have suffered from insomnia, even when I increased the dose of my herbal sedative (I already have trouble sleeping...). I can't concentrate in school, I've lost my pep, and I just don't feel like doing anything.

I always have insomnia. But dude, drugs fail. Here's my theory:

You have some problems>you take drugs/antidepressants/etc.>you think "oh man, without drugs I suck">you take too many drugs or feel lacking without them.

It's really just best to tough it out when it comes to depression in my opinion.

Here's something I always remind myself. When I feel like you do now, I feel like I am at the lowest point in my life and that I have nothing to lose. So I might as well take some risks, right? Unless you feel like you have SOMETHING to lose, go take some social or even physical risks. Social can be more fun, in my opinion. Like you should just do something "badass" or something that no one in your school has ever done before.

Basically...

Giving up>Nothing to lose>Risks>Happiness

Damn proofs, warping my mind...

So Many Kinds of Bagels

Post by So Many Kinds of Bagels » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:18 pm

Kurt_ wrote:I'm not working yet, I'm starting February-ish.

I always have insomnia. But dude, drugs fail. Here's my theory:

You have some problems>you take drugs/antidepressants/etc.>you think "oh man, without drugs I suck">you take too many drugs or feel lacking without them.

It's really just best to tough it out when it comes to depression in my opinion.

Here's something I always remind myself. When I feel like you do now, I feel like I am at the lowest point in my life and that I have nothing to lose. So I might as well take some risks, right? Unless you feel like you have SOMETHING to lose, go take some social or even physical risks. Social can be more fun, in my opinion. Like you should just do something "badass" or something that no one in your school has ever done before.

Basically...

Giving up>Nothing to lose>Risks>Happiness

Damn proofs, warping my mind...

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:33 pm

Whenever i feel down i tend to walk to the end of the pier (i live in a coastal city) and have a ciggarette or two, although i wouldnt recomend that :lol:

I know how you feel, i get cabin fever if im in for too long, i just go for walks, but i suppsoe thats out if its too cold. I do agree wiht Bagels though, happiness can be a choice if just snap yourself out of depression, its hard but once you've done it once its child's play after that.

Music is good too, Go out to gigs and shows, involve yourself in the local music scene (if you have one) good way of meeting people.

Other than that i guess you might just ned to keep yourself occupied till you go to Uni

toby dawg
Portablizer

Post by toby dawg » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:57 pm

smoke weed

go party or something

play some hockey :D

samus
Steam ID:masamus

Post by samus » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:00 pm

high school wasn't exactly the best time of my life. but that was because i didn't make the best of it. do you play an instrument? can you join percussion (that's what i did when i transferred to a school without an orchestra. i play the viola.)? do you sing? join a chorus. i wasn't religious at ALL in high school but i joined a church choir only so i could have something to do. (still not religious)

about the whole getting sick of things.. thing. well, after i lost my passion for music, it was a very hard time for me because music was part of my life. i dropped the major and everything to start from scratch. somehow i got interested in electronics last semester near the end. sometimes you just have to start from scratch.

let me give you a cheesy metaphor. life is like an a body of water. whenever you try to find a place to dock your boat and stop, you'll get waves and crap and it's extremely hard to navigate your life sometimes. whenever you narrow your point of view you'll hit rapids.

people underestimate how hard it is to find something to do and get out of the house without jumping outside of your personality. you could go shopping at comic book stores and goodwill more? you might run into some loners like yourself (not making fun of you, i only have about one friend up here at school and he's ALWAYS doing something. i spend most of my time alone.) and you could start collecting random crap. for example, i started collecting vinyls the summer before going to UNI. then i got a really cheap turntable.

i'm not sure if i helped or wasted your time. but i do what i do.

if you need a girl to talk to about things, i'll be more than happy to give you my msn name.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:14 pm

No drugs for me, it's close to being part of the whole problem. I would feel lots better about this whole thing if she was seeing guys my age, not 3+ years older than her, and they weren't drinking or sneaking her into bars. I would feel better if she was meeting nerds and geeks. LOTS better.

I cant go places. It's cold and all uphill. Biking freezes me to death, and it'll be slippery with ice soon. Walking freezees me even more.

I was thinking about music. Listening to it may help, I don't know. All I'm in the mood for is Nirvana, Smashing Pumkins, and the Pre-emo sad music bands. (Before sad music used only power chord triads). I would have to force myself to listen to the likes of Tool, let alone happy music like Primus and the Offspring.

I don't know what I'm going to do, to be honest.
Hey, sup?

So Many Kinds of Bagels

Post by So Many Kinds of Bagels » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:20 pm

Kurt_ wrote:No drugs for me, it's close to being part of the whole problem. I would feel lots better about this whole thing if she was seeing guys my age, not 3+ years older than her, and they weren't drinking or sneaking her into bars. I would feel better if she was meeting nerds and geeks. LOTS better.

I cant go places. It's cold and all uphill. Biking freezes me to death, and it'll be slippery with ice soon. Walking freezees me even more.

I was thinking about music. Listening to it may help, I don't know. All I'm in the mood for is Nirvana, Smashing Pumkins, and the Pre-emo sad music bands. (Before sad music used only power chord triads). I would have to force myself to listen to the likes of Tool, let alone happy music like Primus and the Offspring.

I don't know what I'm going to do, to be honest.
I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO SMASHING PUMPKINS NIRVANA PRIMUS AND THE OFFSPRING LOL.

But yea, try System of a Down. Very uplifting, and has an amazing not-overkill-metal touch.