Tech Q&A =/= F42!!!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

CronoTriggerfan
Tech Q&A =/= F42!!!

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:57 pm

I've been fed up with this for a while now, and I'm sure the other mods/admins agree, because they've let you know on numerous occasions, too. People, you know what threads go where, put them in the appropriate forums. I've got much better things to do with my time than to move threads around mindlessly when you all know exactly where to put them already. Whether you think a question will be answered faster in Forum 42 than another forum, it still doesn't belong here.

Main point: Post questions in the appropriate forum or I'm just going to delete them from now on.

Of course, certain exceptions will be made for n00bs and the like, who will be told to read stickies, of course, but for those of you who have been here a while and know how things work, you have no excuse.

CTFan
Last edited by CronoTriggerfan on Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

benol

Post by benol » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:06 pm

Tech Q&Q? Questions and questions?

TYPO CATCHER TO THE RESCUE!!!!
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:16 pm

benol wrote:Tech Q&Q? Questions and questions?
Didn't you hear? Thats the new section that you only post rhetorical questions in. :wink:

I've been bugged by this, too. Also, topic titles should be at least semi-descriptive of what you need, not just "I NEEDS HELPS!!".

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:56 pm

Yes and if half the morons here would actually read the stickies, there'd be no reason for duplicate reminders like this.

Your post will be deleted without warning, don't even bother complaining.

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:05 pm

Why are CTFan and Skyone mods? CTFan calls forum readers douchebags, and Skyone calls them morons. I personally don't think either is suited for such a position when they have such ill-tempered attitudes. On top of that, they seem to get quite mad when they have to actually work.
You people need to lighten up. "Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it."

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:27 pm

We're mods because we get the job done. Our job isn't to cope with people who cannot comprehend simple rules, our job is to instruct others with what we think is a proper punishment or incentive. There are people that have been on this forum for two years, yet they have not yet to understand the rules. We are moderators because we do just that, moderate. We aren't here to give members a bottle of warm milk and tell them they'll do better next time.

Generally, if you give us a hard time and such, we'll give you one just the same. After all, we're just members with the power to manipulate threads.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:27 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote: There are people that have been on this forum for two years, yet they have not yet to understand the rules.
I love how you go out of your way to hint at him :lol: The mods just do their jobs soundwave . Don't get pissed if they call people morons and whatnot because people posting stuff in the wrong place are morons(for the most part) If someone starts posting stuff about a Sega Saturn in Forum 42 that's acceptable because it's kind of difficult to figure out where you would post that, but if someone just starts posting things like "check out my new snesp" in Tech Q and A it would be annoying
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:22 pm

I agree with soundwave. CTF and Sky are too big-headed and immature and should not be mods. The vast majority of posts I see that piss me off are from those 2 members.
ImageImage

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:46 pm

No, they are excellent mods, make helpful and meaninful postings and are a bonus to the forum. Don't knock them, they are helpful and decent members and well respected. I agree with their sentiments and frustration, and have been pleased when a silly or inappropriate topic has been subsequently deleted or moved as it helps to weed out the wheat from the chaff.

When you live in a glass house, don't throw stones daguuy.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:52 pm

Look at it this way: One of your classmates keeps trying to put his book in his locker sideways, and it won't fit in the door. You tell him to turn it so it will fit. He says "OK" and keeps doing it the way he did in the first place. What do you do?

1. Tell him to turn the book again. And again. And again...
2. Give him a couple chances, then smack him upside the head when he doesn't listen. Then he puts it in right.

Seriously, it's not that hard to put a thread in the right forum. Nobody cares if a forum is "dead" or "too slow". Threads belong where they belong. Image

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:57 pm

soundwave wrote:Why are CTFan and Skyone mods? CTFan calls forum readers douchebags, and Skyone calls them morons. I personally don't think either is suited for such a position when they have such ill-tempered attitudes. On top of that, they seem to get quite mad when they have to actually work.
You people need to lighten up. "Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it."
I'll admit that I'm short-fused, but you have to understand our frustration that can come from idiotic members (some of us members are fair idiots, you know that). I'll take your advice in trying to be more patient, but I am definitely not "pissed off all the time".

Thanks bacteria for understand my inability to fathom such members, it really does become a hassle.

That might not be the analogy that I would have used bic, but I understand where you are coming from. :lol:

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:59 pm

How about choice 3: Screw it, it's his problem :P

I'm not arguing that threads should be in the right forum, but sky and ctf do all their modding in the douchbaggiest way possible and overemphasize tiny problems.
ImageImage

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:19 pm

daguuy wrote:I'm not arguing that threads should be in the right forum, but sky and ctf do all their modding in the douchbaggiest way possible and overemphasize tiny problems.
Yes - but you're still here, and perhaps we've been giving too little attention to you. Should we create a normal system of emphasizing and ban you but let all the nooblets run free?

Hell, works out perfectly for me.

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:07 am

You are all douchbags. There now yall are all equal and you can stop whining.

Rekarp for mod 08'
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:18 am

cant we all just get along!?
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)