External RF board

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

gannon

Post by gannon » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:18 pm

Black Six wrote:Gannon's avatar is Jesus turning into the Hulk, but no one has a problem with that?
I thought the same thing. Although I do not approve of pressuring people to change, I also feel that the retaliation posts (which are gone) were uncalled for.
So, for a general rule I think that unless there is an extreme problem with an avatar, sig, or name we should "let sleeping dogs lie" so to say.
HK-47, maybe we should add (if it already isn't in there) name, avatar, sig, and general content guidelines :)

G-force

Post by G-force » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:23 pm

Gannon's avatar is Jesus turning into the Hulk, but no one has a problem with that?
I didn't know that. I will have to have a talk with him.

I take my religion very seriously and I will not stand for people using my gods name along with wrongful things (the fact that he had a joke about mothers peeing, and the gay thing)

Maybe some of you guys don't understand why I am so..uh..perturbed, but you don't have to, I will still stand for what I think is right even if you don't like it.

Motoman

Post by Motoman » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:40 pm

I'm with G-force. I'm actually very religous.

oh and about Gannons avatar, I didn't even know that that was Jesus there so i obviously took no offense.

"Living After Midnight"

gannon

Post by gannon » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:47 pm

Would it make you feel better if you thought it was jack black or gilgamesh in the avatar? If so imagine jesus in that avatar as whoever else you'd like so it becomes non-offensive.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:48 pm

I'm pretty religious as well, but I think that an occasional, simple joke is ok. If nothing else, I'm sure God has some sense of humor and I don't think you would all burn in hell for not asking someone to change their avatar. It may be one thing if it was someone being beaten or there was a bit too much skin being shown, but it's a simple joke, and not much more.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:50 pm

I always go by the stick rule. If the sticks diameter is smaller then your thumb you can beat the crap out of someone and its not a crime. :P

G-force

Post by G-force » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:50 pm

Umm...I don't think so.....
Look I don't want to start a holy war. So I think it's time we set some rules about avatars and names. Let's start a thread in F42 about this.

gannon

Post by gannon » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:56 pm

G-force wrote: Look I don't want to start a holy war. So I think it's time we set some rules about avatars and names. Let's start a thread in F42 about this.
Or just append it to the rules thread as I stated.

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:57 pm

I already made it. :wink: in 42 :(

gannon

Post by gannon » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:12 pm

Ok, I've given into peer pressure and changed my avatar so it's not jesus anymore, happy?
and no, I'm not keeping it this, I'm only trying to show that you shouldn't take stuff (especially comedy cartoons) so seriously

G-force

Post by G-force » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:23 pm

That is not any better. So, no I am not happy. How about a non religious avatar? I mean, are you trying to annoy people? I can think of no other reason why you have a religious avatar when there are billions of others out there..[size=0]I can see why www.gannon-ban.com came to be....[/size]..

gannon

Post by gannon » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:26 pm

Because I happen to like satire, and if you'd take the time to read the fine print I was simply trying to show that you shouldn't take so much stock in it.

G-force

Post by G-force » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:30 pm

I am soooo tired of the small text thing! Kind of cute at first, now just annoying.

gannon

Post by gannon » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:34 pm

Then use linux where the small text shows up larger :)

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:00 pm

I like the new avatar Gannon, both were great in fact. I leave you now with a few well spoken lines to stir rebellion in the troops.
"As you know we of the christian faith believe that Jesus is not really dead but that he must let the world think that he is dead, until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him, duh dah da duh dah." Peter speaking at his bosses funeral, at the end he crosses a picture of Jesus and the Incredible Hulk - Family Guy