Destroying an N64.

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:56 pm

You all don't exactly know what I'm up to. Perhaps it's story time, after I reply to a few things:

1) Who said I was going to TELL him what I did? For all he knows it finally crapped out on him. Thus, he would have no use for it.

2) I like lastic wrap in the jumper pack. Snnneeeeaky!

Storytime!

Story 1: The kid.

He has some problems with modern electronics. He abuses EVERYTHING he owns. Remember the German kid who got mad playing counterstrike and had keys flying off the keyboard? If you make him semi-sane, you have this kid. Not only that, he's completely addicted to them. His parents locked him out of the computer (forever) because he did nothing else all day. His systems (except the n64, apparently) are locked in a safe he doesn't have the combination to. He has SUCH a problem, when he's playing a game he is a zombie. I've heard that when his mom calls him when he's in a game, he doesn't hear her. Even when she's standing right in front of him, his response is a small murmur. Other than that, he completely ignores her.

Story 2: His selfish behavior.

He has third lunch. And fourth lunch. Me and others (with a Gamecube) have only fourth lunch. The lunches are an hour and 15 minutes long. He is the ONLY one who wants to play N64. The cafeteria has 2 TVs, but one is right above the table with the plastic utensils and condiments, not to mention next to the cafeteria door. So some other people and him play N64 during third, and when fourth (and the gamecube) comes, he refuses to give up the TV and let us play gamecube. For some reason he doesn't co-operate. (We play SSB and SSBM). His behavior is SO bad, there are people who prefer Super Smash Bros, but are on my side simply so this guy doesn't get his way.

For some reason he feels that he deserves both 2.5 hours of N64 plus whatever he plays at home (probably 3+ hours at home), and we deserve the last 45 minutes of lunch after the condiment table is cleared off and the caf line is gone.

And he sucks at it.

But destroying an N64 is mean to the N64, and to the people of third lunch. I couldn't care less about his feelings. Any alternate solutions?

What I'm trying now is to get everyone to not play with him after third. If nobody plays with him, he won't have fun, right? Especially if after he tries to get people to play, all of them say they want to play GCN. No N64 harmed.
Hey, sup?

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:05 pm

Lay it on him! That kid sounds like he needs to get what's coming to him. The plastic on the jumper pak sounds like a great idea. (Although, once it's "dead" the kid might get pissed and like blow it up or something.)
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Killer_Rabbit

First Post of Destruction!

Post by Killer_Rabbit » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:37 am

Wow. I just had to join the forum to make my suggestion. How interesting that my first post on these forums is about sabotaging an N64, huh?

So, just to be clear: this isn't your school's N64 or anything, right? Because if you get caught tampering with School Property then you might get in trouble. Otherwise, full steam ahead!

Firstly, I think that the saran wrap is a great idea. But not on the jumper pack. Now, I've played on an N64 maybe twice in my whole life, so I'm not sure: if the jumper pack is disabled, the N64 won't start, right? That's pretty good. But think about how much better it would be to sabotage the controller! He'll be able to load the game just fine. He just won't be able to play it. The screen will be taunting him; mocking his inability to handle electronics properly.

However, I think I have one idea that might be better.

Clear fingernail polish. On the controller connector. I've heard that using clear fingernail polish is a nice way to insulate led leads. It stands to reason that it would insulate a controller port just as well. :twisted: But I recommend putting it on the controller itself, not the console. That way, if you break something, it's more likely to be the easily and cheaply replacable controller. And when it's time to take the polish off? Well, I'm a male, and I've never used fingernail polish before. But it seems like the same type of isopropyl rubbing alcohol used to clean cartridge connectors would clean a controller connector and port well. It's just a matter of whether or not alcohol removes fingernail polish. If it does, great! If not, you could just use...fingernail polish remover. I don't know for sure, however, if the chemicals are too corrosive to be used on electronics connectors.

That way, while you're fixing (un-sabotaging) his N64, you can give him a harsh lecture on proper console maintenace, as well as berate him for whatever Hulkian acts of rage he has be provoked to by the lack of Nintendo gaming goodness.

:lol:

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:44 am

Wait, you have CONSOLES at your school?! AND TVS?!

aw MAN, that is SO unfair!

Ben Cebhrem

Post by Ben Cebhrem » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:42 am

No, alcohol does not remove nail polish, at least not easily. You would need nail polish remover (acetone) for that, and that's a bad idea as far as plastics and electronics go. Use enough of that, and you've got a big molten pile of... goo.

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:38 am

how about making some kind of sneaky adaptor (that is barely noticeable) that will simply not transfer the signal. Wait, got it. buy an AV cable, break it, switch it.

edit: Even better! Build an N64 out of legos, and switch it with the original

emeraldz
PSN Username:Ktiger41

Post by emeraldz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:35 pm

Kurt_ wrote:You all don't exactly know what I'm up to. Perhaps it's story time, after I reply to a few things:

1) Who said I was going to TELL him what I did? For all he knows it finally crapped out on him. Thus, he would have no use for it.

2) I like lastic wrap in the jumper pack. Snnneeeeaky!

Storytime!

Story 1: The kid.

He has some problems with modern electronics. He abuses EVERYTHING he owns. Remember the German kid who got mad playing counterstrike and had keys flying off the keyboard? If you make him semi-sane, you have this kid. Not only that, he's completely addicted to them. His parents locked him out of the computer (forever) because he did nothing else all day. His systems (except the n64, apparently) are locked in a safe he doesn't have the combination to. He has SUCH a problem, when he's playing a game he is a zombie. I've heard that when his mom calls him when he's in a game, he doesn't hear her. Even when she's standing right in front of him, his response is a small murmur. Other than that, he completely ignores her.

Story 2: His selfish behavior.

He has third lunch. And fourth lunch. Me and others (with a Gamecube) have only fourth lunch. The lunches are an hour and 15 minutes long. He is the ONLY one who wants to play N64. The cafeteria has 2 TVs, but one is right above the table with the plastic utensils and condiments, not to mention next to the cafeteria door. So some other people and him play N64 during third, and when fourth (and the gamecube) comes, he refuses to give up the TV and let us play gamecube. For some reason he doesn't co-operate. (We play SSB and SSBM). His behavior is SO bad, there are people who prefer Super Smash Bros, but are on my side simply so this guy doesn't get his way.

For some reason he feels that he deserves both 2.5 hours of N64 plus whatever he plays at home (probably 3+ hours at home), and we deserve the last 45 minutes of lunch after the condiment table is cleared off and the caf line is gone.

And he sucks at it.

But destroying an N64 is mean to the N64, and to the people of third lunch. I couldn't care less about his feelings. Any alternate solutions?

What I'm trying now is to get everyone to not play with him after third. If nobody plays with him, he won't have fun, right? Especially if after he tries to get people to play, all of them say they want to play GCN. No N64 harmed.
Remember you are dealing wit ha sociopathic nerd., so in instances like this if you care so much about his N64 i suggest not sabatoging anything due to the fact there is a very high chance if it no longer functions he will finish it off. Also, this sounds like a very low maturity thread. As far as the whole gamecube time bit, you play games at home to don't you?

17daysolderthannes

Post by 17daysolderthannes » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:00 pm

bacteria wrote:Proves how well the N64 is designed if it can take lots of abuse, it probably helps that it uses cartridges rather than cd's. After all, carts get treated really badly, even in shops, yet they work well anyway.

I don't see what you want to achieve with what you suggest, apart from showing your "friend" how clever you are by making it work again quickly, the N64 won't be treated better by him afterwards. Some people are naturally slobs and have little regard for property, even their own - you can't change that!
most CD games can take a lot of abuse too, i've bought some used games that looked horrible on the bottom but never had a single glitch. Also, usually if you clean it the scratches won't effect it much, as long as they aren't so deep it corrupts the data.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:23 am

17daysolderthannes - yes, if the scratches on a CD or DVD are light and not at the wrong angles you can be ok, however some scratches can of course affect the ability of the data to be read; eg skipping in a DVD film.

I was referring to the fact that many old game carts in gamestores have literally been thrown into a box and have been rummaged many times by people; the carts are marked and the labels damaged, however the cart works perfectly as there are no moving parts or surfaces to damage as they are protected inside a cart; this makes them far tougher than CD's of course.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:33 pm

To be really mean:

Get an N64 controller that you dont like and can lose.
Unscrew it.
Follow cable to the 3 controller jack points.
Bridge all three(or data and ground/3.3v)
Run up and say:OMGZ LEMME PLAE!
Plugin and laugh.
Run.

SS

EDIT: Save the controller method:

Get an N64 controller that you dont like and can lose.
Unscrew it.
Follow cable to the 3 controller jack points.
Desolder the port
Bridge all three(or data and ground/3.3v)
Tape connections of to avoid harm to controller.
Run up and say: Jack in!
Plug it in and laugh.
Unplug and Run.
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:52 pm

I've been in this situation before the only way to stop the person is to prove a point. You have to make it look like it is his fault...what you do is get him extremely mad at a game and wait for him to be at the peak of anger go in for the kill get him distracted and break a chip off his controller then yours... :lol:
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:37 pm

6th months old... Bumping it in January was bad enough... quit... posting... on.. old.. threads......