What's the worst anime ever?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:57 pm

*cough* Pokemon *cough*

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

benol

Post by benol » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:08 am

nightwheel wrote:*cough* Pokemon *cough*
Only the latest series IMO.
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:19 am

Anything from 4Kids. I also didn't like Cowboy Bebop.
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:01 pm

Any Japanese Transformers series. God, they're so awesome.
actually, don't know about the Beast Wars spinoffs, but the G1 sequels..oh god..

I haven't watched enough anime to think "this is the worst I've ever and will ever see." Typically, if I'm watching an anime, its because it looks good, I've heard good things about it, and have like a 90% assurance that it won't suck.

But some pretty bad ones are Big O, Naruto, Ghost in the Shell, Reign, umm...haven't watched any anime in so long, been longer since I've watched bad anime, so the list is a bit incomplete.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:14 pm

oh god i forgot about reign (codpeices LOL) but i really liked big O, the rest you listed are meh, agreed with the japanese transformers spinoffs too, very crap compaired to the movie and g1 cartoon

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:14 pm

Any show done by 4kids, and Dragonball GT was HORRIBLE IMO, but I liked Dragonball, and almost loved DragonBall Z (I started getting into it around when Buu came into the Picture.)
soundwave wrote: But some pretty bad ones are Big O, Naruto, Ghost in the Shell, Reign, umm...haven't watched any anime in so long, been longer since I've watched bad anime, so the list is a bit incomplete.
WHAT!?! Those are some of the best anime shows (American Naruto=Fail)
Reign I never heard of but the other were pretty good.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:11 pm

daguuy wrote:This isn't a particular type of anime (though some of it tries to be) but I don't like anime freaks. It's just a type of cartoon, I don't see what makes the fact that it's japanese better than american cartoons. People who watch something just because it's an anime annoy me. Pinky and the Brain totally whoops anime's ass, but you don't see a bunch of Pinky and the Brain freaks all over the place.
:roll: That's like saying, "I don't like movie buffs. Besides, it's all a bunch of people running around on a screen, there's no difference between any of them." Anime is VERY different from American cartoons; that's precisely why it's a genre all it's own. Sure, there are some sucky ones out there, but the majority of anime is meant to tell a story, get across a political/philosophical message of some sort, etc., which is the exact opposite of what most American cartoons try to do, and that's get a laugh out of the audience; and when anime does try to form a comedic presence, the Japanese culture handles it quite differently than our normal comedy. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing bad about a good 'ol Saturday morning slapstick, but it's borderline stupid to compare anime and American cartoons on a "Cartoon vs. Cartoon" basis.

CTFan

benol

Post by benol » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:14 pm

So nobody else hates Prince of Tennis?
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

ZN13
Steam ID:Z_Nelson13

Post by ZN13 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:52 pm

Triton wrote:
Actually, "Anime" is really just a style of animation (Basically). So saying an semi-realistically animated show is "trying to be anime" is "just FAIL".
anime = japanese animation generally speaking, and american shows that are animated in the style of anime usually kinda suck, because they are just crappy american shows with a little japanese style thrown on top! not to say all anime is good by any means but you get the idea
It's generally Japanese because they animate in that style most.

And Teen Titans isn't the best anime ever, but it's certainly not the worst.
Why is it that every time I post in a thread, it dies?
:lol:

Triton

Post by Triton » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:28 pm

wikipedia wrote:In English, main dictionary sources define anime as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation" or "a style of animation developed in Japan".[12] Thus, non-Japanese works are sometimes called anime-influenced animation if they borrow stylistically from Japanese animation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime-influenced_animation

benol

Post by benol » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:31 pm

ZN13 wrote:
Triton wrote:
Actually, "Anime" is really just a style of animation (Basically). So saying an semi-realistically animated show is "trying to be anime" is "just FAIL".
anime = japanese animation generally speaking, and american shows that are animated in the style of anime usually kinda suck, because they are just crappy american shows with a little japanese style thrown on top! not to say all anime is good by any means but you get the idea
It's generally Japanese because they animate in that style most.

And Teen Titans isn't the best anime ever, but it's certainly not the worst.
Wikipedia, the absolute most accurate website on t3h interwebz wrote:its animation style is heavily influenced by anime.
Influenced. Key word. NOT ANIME!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:58 pm

benol wrote:So nobody else hates Prince of Tennis?
No man, Prince of Tennis is SWEET! :P Seriously, it's one of my favorite shows. You just have to look at it for what it is, and not take it seriously. Sure, it's like DBZ with tennis sometimes, but it's a cool show, and they've got a lot of balls for making something so different.

CTFan

ZN13
Steam ID:Z_Nelson13

Post by ZN13 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:38 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote: and they've got a lot of balls

CTFan
Ha! It's a pun!
Why is it that every time I post in a thread, it dies?
:lol:

benol

Post by benol » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:18 pm

Darth Fett wrote:Anything from 4Kids. I also didn't like Cowboy Bebop.
4kids is edit crazy. What they did to One Piece is... ugh! Good thing Cartoon Network started showing a drastically different, not retarded One Piece last Saturday.
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Triton

Post by Triton » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:22 pm

dont get me started on 4kids, they ruin all they touch! they take decent (or even exelent) shows and suck all the good stuff out of them, and a lot of them have HORRIBLE dubs too, really really bad 4KIDS FTL