I just ran over benheck....

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

typamc95
I just ran over benheck....

Post by typamc95 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:30 pm

With a Warthog.
I just Played a couple rounds of Halo 3 with benheck.
Anybody else?
:D
Skyone wrote:
typamc95 wrote:There called Roto-disc.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Roto-Disc
Game, set, match!

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:19 am

I shall have my revenge!

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:25 am

Halo is for LOSERS!!!

Which leaves the question, why dose Ben Heck play it?

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:22 am

Dr. KillGood wrote:Halo is for LOSERS!!!

Which leaves the question, why dose Ben Heck play it?
Nice...

I've never really been into Halo before, but I snapped up Halo 3 anyway because I figured at the very least everybody would be playing it so there would be some life to the online.

I must say after playing Halo 3 last night, I am quite impressed. I am halfway through the campaign and admit that the campaign isn't all it could have been, but it seems to be getting better as I go along (Acts 3 and 4 were way more exciting than 1 and 2).

The MP is where the game really excels though. It is so feature rich and deep that I can't see it getting old anytime soon, if ever. I will save most of what I have to say for the podcast we're recording this afternoon, but suffice it to say that if you're on the fence about this game just go ahead and buy it. You won't regret it. :)

Plus, it was a good time teabagging Ben last night. :lol:

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:08 am

Argh! Teabag-revengeance! Well, not like I didn't do it whenever possible! It is the code of honor.

Probably be too busy editing the podcast tonight to play, but plan on hitting up MP Thursday and maybe this weekend.

I suppose I should do the campaign too, sigh!

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:38 am

Halo is crap, I would not pay more then $0.01 for that game. I play a game that is FREE and is way better then Halo.

http://www.americasarmy.com/

Go download it. Loads better then Halo and it has the best price of any game, anywhere! Then get on it and tell me so I can own your ass and teabag it.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:01 am

I don't have the right hardware to play the game (might get a 360 next spring at graduation, though), so I guess I'll just stick with UT and Quake 3. (I swear, if they didn't make any more PS2 games I'd have no current consoles. :lol:)
Dr. KillGood wrote:blablablahalosuckscosidedsobla
If you aren't going to contribute anything productive to the discussion, ignore it. :roll: Is this another case of "I hate it because it's popular" syndrome (the same disease iPod bashers and Linux zealots suffer from)?

I've only played a little Halo 2 at a friend's house, and while it isn't the best game ever coughtetriscough, it isn't by any means complete garbage.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:25 am

How much is it to get the Xbox-Live silver? I have a 360, and I'll get Halo 3 if online play doesn't cost much.

The opportunity to pawn Benjamen J. Heckendorn (a,k.a. BenHeck) is something I don't want to pass by completely.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:44 am

bicostp wrote:
If you aren't going to contribute anything productive to the discussion, ignore it. :roll: Is this another case of "I hate it because it's popular" syndrome (the same disease iPod bashers and Linux zealots suffer from)?
Well said. :)
Sparkfist wrote:How much is it to get the Xbox-Live silver? I have a 360, and I'll get Halo 3 if online play doesn't cost much.

The opportunity to pawn Benjamen J. Heckendorn (a,k.a. BenHeck) is something I don't want to pass by completely.
Silver is free, but you need Gold to play online. $50 for 12 months, but it is well worth it my opinion as it only works out to $4 a month and gives you a lot of bang for your buck.

Plus, as you said, you get to teabag Ben. That's just an added bonus to the many features of Xbox Live. :)

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:06 pm

Dr. Killgood: Stop saying every game that you don't play is crap. Just because you don't play it doesn't mean it isn't good. EA Games aren't bad, in fact many are the opposite. Likewise, the Halo series also isn't crap. Halo 2 was the #1 selling game for Xbox, and Halo 1 trailed by only 3 million copies sold. Halo 3 will undoubtedly be a best-selling game as well, if only for the multi-player.

Others: Who wants to buy me a 360? I'm missing out on so much! I've never touched/seen a current-gen console in person. But it was a 360 or build a NESp, and, well, I'd rather create than play what someone else created.

I'm serious, though. Who wants to buy me a 360? If every active member (I'm guessing around 50) gives me $10, I can get an Elite, no problem. Of course, that's unlikely to happen.
Hey, sup?

benol

Post by benol » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:11 pm

bicostp wrote:I don't have the right hardware to play the game (might get a 360 next spring at graduation, though), so I guess I'll just stick with UT and Quake 3. (I swear, if they didn't make any more PS2 games I'd have no current consoles. :lol:)

I've only played a little Halo 2 at a friend's house, and while it isn't the best game ever coughtetriscough, it isn't by any means complete garbage.
Agreed on both accounts. Dr. KillGood, shut up. Also, Tetris FTW.
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Valium

Post by Valium » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:33 pm

Just because there are better games out there doesn't mean Halo 3 sucks.

The guy is just narrow-minded.

theelk

Post by theelk » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:43 pm

I've been playing campaign and will probably do multiplayer once I'm done. It's very fun and everyone on my friends list has it. It's the most unifying game on 360 right now.
I don't want to make an "I'm leaving" thread, but I've sort of lost interest in this board. So if you notice that I'm gone, that's why.

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:33 pm

I just got halo 2 and I've always been late to get consoles (though that might change now that I have a job) so I'll be playing halo 2 for a while, but I'd really like to get a 360 and halo 3. It looks awesome.
ImageImage

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:09 pm

A few of my friends play halo 2 competitively and are almost as good as a couple of other kids we know that both play in MLG ( Tweak and coffee ). SO I got into it and got good enough to beat most n00bs that think they are jesus in a can.

I am planning on picking up a 360 just for halo 3 around Christmas.