Evolution-x questions and problems

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune
Evolution-x questions and problems

Post by Jongamer » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:10 pm

Ok I just recently went to goodwill and bought a Xbox for 20 bucks, to my amazment when I got home, it was softmodded with evox, thing is, it wont play music cds or dvd movies.

its dvd-x region free option is unselectable, and audio cds just make the system loop back to the evox dashboard over and over again.

Plus the system is stuck in widescreen, and the screen is squished on my 27" CRT. How can I fix that, because I can`t access the MS dashboard cause the system is softmodded, so I can`t do it that way.

I was wanting to know where to find and how I can install dvd-x and Xbox media center. (all I can find on XBMC is source code.) or is that a dashboard and XBMP is what Im thinking of for using in the evox dashboard.

dragon

Post by dragon » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:25 pm

Try turning in on useing the eject buttion.

Twisted Warthog
PSN Username:fragd0g
360 GamerTag:onionknight110
Steam ID:flint1011

Post by Twisted Warthog » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:14 pm

Did you even bother to realize what in the world you just typed? :lol:

G-force

Post by G-force » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:22 pm

You can find XBMC in disk format, where you can simply burn the iso file to a DVD disk with your computer, stick it in the xbox, and install from that. I'd reccomend that.

Any legality issues here? I don't see any, since it's not illegal to softmod, just to pirate. And as far as I know XBMC is freeware.

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:31 pm

Technically, any Xbox homebrew is illegal, as it has been compiled with the leaked XDK. As for installing stuff, I'd suggest just getting it from "somewhere" (PM or AIM me if you need help there), and FTP it to the 'box.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

NexusOne

Post by NexusOne » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:02 am

If you can connect the xbox to a router and get ftp access it would be ideal. What you need to do is be able to check if the msdash files even still exist. I know some of the old softmods would remove them in which case you would need to find replacements and restore it. Your evox has the ftp server built in all you need to do is connect the xbox to a router, start it up with the cable connected and log in using flashfxp (ftp address can be found in system management or on the evox screen depending on your skin.