What languages do you speak?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

benol
What languages do you speak?

Post by benol » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:28 pm

I was curious to know this. I speak English (my native language) and a small amount of Spanish. (But give me a break! I'm only in Spanish III!)
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:11 pm

English, the only Language that Americans should have to learn in school. No Spanish/German/French BS for me, I think it's ridiculous that my school requires 3 Languages to be taken before my Senior Graduation. I could use those for Java or AP computer Science, but No! Let's learn retarded Spanish! Image

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:22 pm

Harshboy wrote:English, the only Language that Americans should have to learn in school.
I totally agree with you.

Im taking spanish right now, and im required to take 2 classes before I graduate. im taking spanish I right now, which I hate, it reminds me of when little kids try to say something but they dont know how to say it or really what to say, the class is somewhat easy but really frustrates me.

benol

Post by benol » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:22 pm

Actually, Spanish is quite useful! There are so many illegal immigrants (Which aren't a problem in other countries.) that speak nothing but Spanish and refuse to learn English.
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:26 pm

benol wrote:Actually, Spanish is quite useful! There are so many illegal immigrants (Which aren't a problem in other countries.) that speak nothing but Spanish and refuse to learn English.
So what, we should tailor to the needs of people who come here, break our laws, violate the rights of people coming here legally, take advantage of everything this country has to offer, and get off blame-free for it? Come on.
Last edited by CronoTriggerfan on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:28 pm

English, very little Spanish, and foul. :P

benol

Post by benol » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:33 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:
benol wrote:Actually, Spanish is quite useful! There are so many illegal immigrants (Which aren't a problem in other countries.) that speak nothing but Spanish and refuse to learn English.
So what, we should tailor to the needs of people who come here, break our laws, violate the rights of people coming here legally, take advantage of everything this country has to offer, and get off blame-free for it? Come on.
I'm not saying that, I'm just saying Spanish is useful.
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

totokan

Post by totokan » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:45 pm

English. No need for Spanish, why bother learning it? If Japan suddenly took over the world, maybe I'd try for more Japanese. I may go take the JLPT Level 4 next year, and if I do ok, thats it for me. Not worth the effort, especially when others can translate for me :D.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:58 pm

I speak english, verry little spanish, and even less japanesse(because a karate class i take). The only thing good about spainish is when someone asks you for a Coke or Pepsi(or insert fav drink here) you can say no speak english. :P

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:02 pm

So by succumbing to learn Spanish, you are agreeing that illegal aliens should be allowed and not have to learn English, hm? ;D

Valium

Post by Valium » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:14 pm

English and French, a little German.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:34 pm

bicostp wrote:English, very little Spanish, and foul. :P
Haha I lol'd. And to everyone else, yes, damn the spanish language it seves no importance what so ever :lol: Im perfectly fine just with my english thank you. But seriously I totally dig what everyone's saying considering you're in the US the mexicans should have to fit your needs not vice versa. But I have to say the English speakers in Spain pull a mexican and pretty much all huddle up in one area and refuse to speak the countries language because"english is the major business language" and such other crap reasons. I want to learn Dutch just to mess with Dutch people and speak their language, they would be so confused and have no idea what to do :lol:
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:46 pm

I speak English and a bit of Spanish (I'm in Spanish IV right now.). My goal for Spanish was to learn to say this: ¿Quieres que yo ponga queso en su ojo? :P

Spanish makes so much more sense to me than English. The grammar is a lot more straightforward, and there are less exceptions to rules. Granted, I'm fluent in English and not Spanish but that's not the point. :lol:
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

benol

Post by benol » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:58 pm

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:I speak English and a bit of Spanish (I'm in Spanish IV right now.). My goal for Spanish was to learn to say this: ¿Quieres que yo ponga queso en su ojo? :P

Spanish makes so much more sense to me than English. The grammar is a lot more straightforward, and there are less exceptions to rules. Granted, I'm fluent in English and not Spanish but that's not the point. :lol:
Why would you want to ask someone if they want you to put cheese in their eye?
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:00 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:
I agree 200%.

I only know English, I took Spanish for a year in jr high, but no more, and its not required to graduate. 8)