Subliminal messages/advertising and Backmasking

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel
Subliminal messages/advertising and Backmasking

Post by nightwheel » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:13 pm

We all herd of it and probly seen and heard some too. But have you found any yourself. I have found some. But if you have not just find stuff from online and show it.

Here is a Video I made that has some Backmasking clips in it that I found. To my knowledge im the first one to find these too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilrSaYUuek4

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

dman762000

Post by dman762000 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:41 am

people that believe in this back masking stuff are crackpots! do you know how hard it would be to sit and figure out what sounds would be played backwards, then write a song with those sounds in it, not to mention that the sounds would be different every time the band played it, and on top of it all, do you here the song backwards in a normal setting, that is the only way one could "hear" the message. People have been trying this nonsense since tipper gore in the '80's and the simple fact of the matter is that it is complete nonsense, and on top of it all, if you are looking for "hidden" messages in songs you are sure to find them, just like the communist witch-hunts of the 60's

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:01 am

Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:10 am

Indeed, and BTW, not one of the clips sounded like any words to me anyway!

Conspiracy theory!

Anyway, who plays things backwards?

Someone once said if you put 1000 monkeys by typewriters they could collectively make prouse - makes sense, if the monkeys pounded out letters on the typewriter enough times, some typing would, by process of the law of average, make words. Same as this, if you listen to hours of words backwards, some formed words are bound to "be heard" as words are only representations of sound waves.

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:38 am

But wasn't there some Weird Al song that was gibberish going forward, but said "You've got too much time on your hands" when going backwards? 8)
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

Limewater

Post by Limewater » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:53 am

Darth Fett wrote:But wasn't there some Weird Al song that was gibberish going forward, but said "You've got too much time on your hands" when going backwards? 8)
Probably.

There are several instances of that. For example, there is a Pink Floyd song that includes some gibberish at one point and if you play it backwards it says something like, "Congratulations! You found the secret message!"

The difference there is that the voice is clearly gibberish when played forward. The words were recorded and then played backwards in the track.

The above posters are referring to to case where people allegedly compose phrases that, when played backwards, are also intelligible but have a different message.

minkster

Post by minkster » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:57 am

Demonic Etch? heh, oh god that was more funny than actually believable. There is some backmasking I believe, like if you listen to the song Stairway to Heaven backwards, it is really strange! This site has some good ones if any of you are into backmasking http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm
Minktendo-Dead
Next portable: who knows ;)

sgtpepper

Post by sgtpepper » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:13 am

Turn me on dead man... Turn me on dead man... Turn me on dead man... Paul is Dead man, Miss him, Miss him....
 My iBook's modded logo!
Jobs vs Gates Google Fight!

joevennix
Portablizer

Post by joevennix » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:25 am

Limewater wrote:There are several instances of that. For example, there is a Pink Floyd song that includes some gibberish at one point and if you play it backwards it says something like, "Congratulations! You found the secret message!"
^^ Yeah I'm pretty sure that was either Empty Spaces or Run Like Hell. Some songs have deliberate backwards messages, like the song above, and a bunch of the Beatles songs IIRC.

specter539

Post by specter539 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:33 am

what software do you use to listen to stuff backwards?

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:59 am

specter539 wrote:what software do you use to listen to stuff backwards?
Audacity.

I don't think that the message in stairway was intentional, but it sure is damn legible.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:04 pm

You mumble lots.

did you know Dog backmasked is God?

:o CONSPIRACY!!!

Mostly this is in music. Like the stairway t heaven one. Forward it isn't gibberish, the words just don't make much sense. Backwards, well, 666 sounds crystal clear to me.

Eminem one sounds real too.

Pokerap? Come ON!!!
Hey, sup?

khaag

Post by khaag » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:52 pm

Seriously, "Demon Etch"? What the hell does that even mean?
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

Twisted Warthog
PSN Username:fragd0g
360 GamerTag:onionknight110
Steam ID:flint1011

Post by Twisted Warthog » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:54 pm

I think i heard one once where Arnold Schwarzenegger says something and backwards it says One Day I Will Rule California.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:10 pm

i read something about this somewhere that explained how satan coincidentally is the easiest word to make out of nothing in songs being played backwards. I think it was on wikipedia or something. Nightwheel, why the copulate would there be satanic messages deliberately placed in finding nemo and why were you looking for them?
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).