NES PC (maybe already posted) - Link inside

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

gamefreakfatty
NES PC (maybe already posted) - Link inside

Post by gamefreakfatty » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi, if this is the wrong forum or has already been posted, then sorry in advance. Move the topic of you want. Because this involves ROM files, then you can lock it too.

Anyways, this is a post I found when searching for the GameStation (S)NES clone that uses CDs. I cant remember if it was for Super Nintendo or regular Nintendo. With this, a guy built a SMALL computer inside of the NES case that is just for games. It uses emulators for NES, SNES, N64, Sega Consoles, and PS1 for a few. Look at the bottom of the post for a list. I just thought it might be of some interest to some people. I might try to make some kind of "portable" version of this, but it doesnt seem very portable. It uses some kind of arcade front end / GUI. I'm not sure which OS it is, but I think Linux would be the most likely candidate. He uses either a PS1 or PS2 controller for it through USB. I just think it was pretty cool and people here might like to see it and take a look. It uses a "mini-motherboard." No mouse or keyboard are needed for it, at least thats what it says, although I'm sure it is possible. That's all I have to say for it for now.

Link:
http://www.instructables.com/id/EUL2AEDPHREXCFN6QL/

List of consoles emulated:
- NES
- Super NES
- Sega Mega Drive / Genesis
- Sega Master System
- MAME (Arcade)
- Game Boy (Color)
- Game Boy Advance
- Sega Game Gear
- Turbo-Grafx 16 / PC-Engine
- Sony Playstation (games run from CD drive)
- Nintendo 64

-gamefreakfatty
i stink at making siggies

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:43 pm

Nice. Thanks man.

gamefreakfatty

Post by gamefreakfatty » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:55 pm

no problem. umm... a question for you though. do you know if it might be too hard for a newbie at soldering. i know how, i just have a hard time getting the stuff to stick, and if the parts arent thinner than the thickness of an IDE cable i can get it done, just the sticking problem though. i might try to rewire the SNES cartridge slot so i can move it elsewhere, and i just want to decide if i should even attempt it. i have an original SNES. i might try doing it on that and see how much different it might be on the mini.

thanks in advance.

jedi knight

Post by jedi knight » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:39 pm

I'm pretty sure 90% of people on this forum know about this. And you need no soldering skill at all, you just need to know how to assemble a computer. Sorry if I sound wierd' wii typing is hard!
Meh, I don't post much.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:19 pm

If I remember right someone on the forums was making a media center/ emulation PC inside a NES. They had it doing up to n64 and PSone emulation though I think.

gamefreakfatty

Post by gamefreakfatty » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:29 pm

for the soldering part, i meant for the SNES cartridge slot reconnection.

electromaster64

Post by electromaster64 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:31 am

Something like this has been done before.
ImageImage