What are your career aspirations?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

joevennix
Portablizer

Post by joevennix » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:35 am

Hopefully get into a good college (I've been looking at Stanford and MIT, but I'd need a biggg scholarship). While I'm there I'll decide specifically what I want to major in, then I'll go out and get a job in it. Video games would be sweet, but I think making a sucessful start-up would be even better.

My cousin never went to college, instead he stayed home and learned like 5 programming languages on his own. Then he started a digitizing and storing company that scanned documents for big corporations and stored them securely on his website. I'd want to do something like that.

dj-spuddy

Post by dj-spuddy » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:42 pm

Something to do with catering. I'm an awesome chef! Build up knowledge and skills and then open my own restaurant. If that fails I might go into freelance web design.
Meh... So I don't post much?

Me =
Here

sammy

Post by sammy » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:48 pm

I'm going to be a secret agent, along the lines of 007 8)

No seriously, I'm going to start a 5 year education to become an electronics engineer. I just got a 'price for excellence' this year (it was my final year for my current electronics education). In Europe there's no such thing as high school and college so it's kinda hard to explain :wink:

Dragunov

Post by Dragunov » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:50 pm

I'm an apprentice of a master electrician, so I guess that an electrician is a good route, maybe a plumber. I'd probably do videogame programming and small electronic repair as a sort of side thing, a free time sort of thing.

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:20 pm

dudex77 wrote:Khaag, your not going to see me. I really hope for your sake because Malaga is the crapper and would ruin your perception of Spain. Try out Madrid, Valencia, or Barcelona (If you can put up with Catalan) Sevilla is pretty cool too I guess. Totally let me know if you ignore my advice though. I would love to do something to do with electronics in my future but im doubting it would really amount to anything so Ive been thinking a lot about a game store that actually carried games made before 2000 and imports.
Man you must get really annoyed with all the drunk English Chavs that go there

Im looking at Uni's with the intention to do Modern History and Politics

No clue what to do afterwards, probably go traveling and bum around the world till its time to face up to my debts and go out and get a real job