DUN! My portable for MGC, the PSPNES

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

BloodNess
Location:in front of my computer...staring zombie...err...ly...into the computer screen...

Post by BloodNess » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:54 pm

whoa :D it's like the big ol'cousin of the NES Micro, truly awesome, it actually reminds me of the nes micro rather than the psp, don't know why :lol:
***«ß£ØOðN€Š$...>>****
finally got motivated again to start a portable, which i have...but with many doubts :S

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:49 pm

female of the dog species! Great portable. :D
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:08 pm

Nice. I know anyone who has shopped on ebay knows and hates turbo 3rd party crap. I think the thing is a nice peice of equipment but I wouldn't buy it because from far away you can't really tell it's a NES. Know what I'm sayin'?
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

schmellyfart
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Post by schmellyfart » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:18 am

TheOnlyOneHeFears wrote:Beautiful, as always. You're always the one that raises the bar when it comes to portables, especially with bondo work :) How hard was the LED mod on the Intec screen? Did it save much battery life?

EDIT: Would you mind updating the NES sticky G? Quite a few people have made more portables, and there's been more info going around too. Cheers :)
The LED isnt hard on the intec/hipgear screens. I did the LED mod to my hipgear screen and it was supriseingly (sp?) easy.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:12 am

Then again, what's the point of doing the LED mod on the Intec screen, unless you're making it brighter with super brights or something? I mean, the amperage draw on these things is already ridiculously low, so the LED mod would save you no more than 50mAh. I mean, why take the risk if you don't have to? :P

CTFan

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:18 am

Can't it run at a slightly lower voltage if you do one?

g-force is using four batteries is that enough to run a hipgear/intec with the original backlight?
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

G-force

Post by G-force » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:32 am

Skyone wrote:Oh, can you take some pics with it on? :P
No. :P
Lorelis-san wrote:Now that's a sweet piece of work there! Keep up the good work!

A decal or 2 wouldn't hurt though
I agree, but all i have are black stick-on letters, and that looks pretty lame.
shmagoogin77 wrote:that thing is just plain sweet :D
what are the dimensions of it?
Length: 8 inches. Width: 3 inches. Height 1.25 inches. It fits in a pocket pretty easily, so the shape works well.
schmellyfart wrote:
TheOnlyOneHeFears wrote:Beautiful, as always. You're always the one that raises the bar when it comes to portables, especially with bondo work :) How hard was the LED mod on the Intec screen? Did it save much battery life?

EDIT: Would you mind updating the NES sticky G? Quite a few people have made more portables, and there's been more info going around too. Cheers :)
The LED isnt hard on the intec/hipgear screens. I did the LED mod to my hipgear screen and it was supriseingly (sp?) easy.
Same here, the LED mod was crazy easy. It only took about 15 minutes total. most of that was just looking for the right resistors in my box of crap :P All it involves is taking off the metal piece holding the fluorescent tube, take the tube out, desolder all the stuff on the board used for that, replace the metal piece, stick LED's on each end, wire it all up (I did series with a 32 ohm resistor, if I remember right.), then test it out. Worked like a charm. LED's were a great idea, thank you Ben!

I don't have a precise measurement, but I'm pretty sure it added at least a few hours onto the normal battery life.

NES Sticky; I'll get right on it! Moderator awwwaaaaayyy
CronoTriggerfan wrote:Then again, what's the point of doing the LED mod on the Intec screen, unless you're making it brighter with super brights or something? I mean, the amperage draw on these things is already ridiculously low, so the LED mod would save you no more than 50mAh. I mean, why take the risk if you don't have to? :P

CTFan
The main reason I did it is because the normal backlight on my particular screen would not run off the 4 AA's (4.8V) that I was using. It came on, but was so faint you couldn't hope to play it like that.

@Turbo Tax: I know that gannon runs his unmodded screen off 4 AA's with no problem. For some reason mine was just not wanting to cooperate. :P

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:37 am

one other question, were did you get your SJ3 from?
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Lorelis-san

Post by Lorelis-san » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:28 am

Or if you have some colored paint, some duct tape, a printer and a pen-knife, try making a stencil with the paper, with the duct tape strenghening it.

It's an OK idea, though it needs a bit of working with to get a good way of stencilling the decal

So Many Kinds of Bagels

Post by So Many Kinds of Bagels » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:35 pm

*Tttsss*. I touched it. It's hot. Ow. I made a joke.

Freakin' beau-a-ful.
Valve is the best company.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:44 pm

That's one cram job. Compared to your NES controller thing, it's big, but you had to fit batteries and a screen on this thing. Congrats.
Last edited by Kurt_ on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, sup?

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:46 pm

Can I have it? :)

Very nice portable man. Very sleek.

Kenny_McCormic

Post by Kenny_McCormic » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:53 pm

very nice. where did you get that case?

Twisted Warthog
PSN Username:fragd0g
360 GamerTag:onionknight110
Steam ID:flint1011

Post by Twisted Warthog » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:19 pm

Damn that is one nice portable man, good job!

G-force

Post by G-force » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:44 pm

Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:one other question, were did you get your SJ3 from?
Thrift store, I think. I've actually had it for a while, just sitting there, daring me to do something with it.
Kenny_McCormic wrote:very nice. where did you get that case?
Radio Shack, but they stopped carrying this particular case a while ago. Dang it. I wouldn't mind making another, this was a fun project.