PS2M is 99% DONE!!!

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:09 pm

I'm trying to be respectful, and its just my opinion, but that's how i think it will work. Now, the cpu gets hot, and its cooled down by a fan that blows air. The air is warm because of the convection,and this makes the cpu not to overheat, and regardless of how warm the air is- the fan spins fast enough to where it would cool down your hands, therefore it wont be like cooling your hands by using a hair dyer. Try it out by puttin you hands wet near the fan on the back of the slim ps2 where the fan outputs. It's quite simple. It will work better if he's got more than one fan. NOW, if you ReALLY want to get down and dirty, try installing freon in there! :D
PS2M-99% -Final Stages of the 1st O.G. PS2 Portable (Will this ever get done??)

PSTwoSP- 50%
Rewiring Controller, LED Modding Screen

xheavenlyx

Looooooooooooong!!!

Post by xheavenlyx » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:09 am

Wow, ive been reading this thread for the past 20 mins and got over with a cigarillo, and well, i was thinking, you get this CAR DVD player from emersson, a cheap one. I have it. 2 7'' screens with a composite input. I connected my PS2 with it and it works fine...

So well, what about powering it directly from the PS2 board? (ofcourse using an LM731 voltreg) The screen needs about 9.5V and consumes <25watts (don't know why 'less than' sign) and is simply connected (also has an audio inp)

So my question is why dont people choose these screens, and why a PSone whihc needs a RBG inp? Just curious.
w000t! w00t! Rheumatic and still an electronic freak!

Zzebotes13

Post by Zzebotes13 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:10 pm

because for the newer consoles, most people want larger screens which "generally" look nicer. I haven't seen your 2.7" lcd, but i'm going to assume that the PSone screen has better quality video. I hope this clarifies. 8)
I will always put 8) at the end of my posts

xheavenlyx

Post by xheavenlyx » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:43 pm

You are absolutely right about the nicer look, but the input is RGBinp instead of the standard PS2's composite. There are so many screens out there which might have a composite input , instead of hacking a PSone screen(RGBinp). Or maybe its just cheap and easy to build, or just maybe its not easy to find these composite input screens...the ones which I found were WOOO costly!!!!!!!

And bytheway, its 7'' not 2.7''. I had meant 2 screens 7'' wide ^_^
w000t! w00t! Rheumatic and still an electronic freak!

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:59 pm

I would have used a 7" to 8.4" LCD, but wiring and space is ALMOST NONE, im barely able to get the air to flow thru the unit w/out overheating. It's a miracle it doesn't. On the other hand my PayPal account problems have been resolved, i have a new laser and mobo comin my way, so look out for updates soon!! this thing has gone on long enough, im just hoping i get it done by my x-mas break so i can have some fun showing it off.

PSTwoSP- 50%

Ness

Post by Ness » Fri May 04, 2007 10:58 am

East...I see you are using the original mb. How are you getting the powersupply in there? Or shrinking it? Or what are you doing with that monster of a part???
Future WIP - X360L

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Tue May 08, 2007 12:12 pm

Ness, this is a 5 month old topic dont bump something this old
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

Ness

Post by Ness » Tue May 08, 2007 1:27 pm

Well...this project is still going and eastsider is still active here, so there is no need to create a new topic especially when it consists of information being requested. If I revived this just to say something like "cool job dudz!!!1!", then yeah, I can understand, however, it's not.
Future WIP - X360L

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Tue May 08, 2007 4:24 pm

Sorry to say this project is over. Some may have seen it coming but it's done for because of the number of things that would go wrong after having it work fine, yet i still would love to have a portable ps2, however, the massive amount of money invested and time spent is lost, and the machine is no longer. The motherboard and laser are gone as i have no need to spend $40 on spare parts that only last so long.

PSTwoSP- 50%