Scariest things you've seen kids do to their video games

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

twilightprincess

Post by twilightprincess » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:31 am

Man i was so dumb

when n64 was cool (it still is, i mean when it was a next gen console..sort of)
i sold pokemon snap *gulp* oot :s and some other games :evil: for.......................... majoras mask :shock: it was soo sh*t man i was dumb.

ATOMICMAN

Post by ATOMICMAN » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:35 am

khaag wrote:
Jake_Biggs wrote:hmm, dumbest things ive seen... one guy i know smeares peanut butter on scratched nonworking disks, then wipes it all of in hope of repairing it. sure, if the disk is broke it isnt a problem, but dont forget about the laser reader lens. another kid i know soaks his game disks in soapy water to try and remove grime. and this other dumbass i know actually TAKES APART his consoles to repair them! :shock: wait, that does work... :roll:
so does the peanut butter thing. You have to use the peanut butter oil though.
butter will work but not as well. polishes the plastic removing small scratches. chocolate will work also.

Edutainment

Post by Edutainment » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:04 am

My neighbours never put discs (games or DVDs) back in there cases, and this isn't a video game, but I lent my neighobur my copy of Tron (it was the awesome 2-disc one!) and it was in perfect condition, and when I got it back, it had a hole in the plastic of the case, and a coffee stain :cry:

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:11 am

I haven't really seen any of these acts firsthand (except store display abuse), but I rented a Playstation game one time that had a huge chunk of the disc missing. (Looked like it was dropped, intentionally broken, or chewed up with nail clippers.)

Another time we rented a DVD that looked like it was snapped in half and glued back together. :lol:

Edutainment

Post by Edutainment » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:17 am

OH! I'm quite familiar DVD rental abuse! It's always a gamble renting discs because people are savages, even I (yes, I know, it's surprising) have participated in a barbaric attack! Once, when I was in grade 4 or 5 (or 6?) me and my friend rented a movie and it sucked, so we attacked it with a pen and key and told Rogers it was like that when we got it. I'm so ashamed!

I'd be more ashamed if it wasn't a copy of Undercover Brother. :lol:

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:39 am

Undercover Brother is tight...

johnbjuice

Post by johnbjuice » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:42 am

Extreme_Jesus wrote:they had a lot of fun wit hthe PS1 until the younger one decided he "wanted to play ice cream" (his words not mine :wink: ) and promptly dumped a big scoop of ice cream in the disc drive, shut it and turned it on :lol:
:shock: That's just sad...

I think that the worst thing EVER is when kids are given nice electronics that they are way to young to handle/deserve. It makes me sick when I see a 6 year-old with his I-Pod (Or Zune, Zen, etc.) better than mine (Which is quite common) and only being used to carry like 100 songs. :x

ATOMICMAN

Post by ATOMICMAN » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:01 am

johnbjuice wrote:
Extreme_Jesus wrote:they had a lot of fun wit hthe PS1 until the younger one decided he "wanted to play ice cream" (his words not mine :wink: ) and promptly dumped a big scoop of ice cream in the disc drive, shut it and turned it on :lol:
:shock: That's just sad...

I think that the worst thing EVER is when kids are given nice electronics that they are way to young to handle/deserve. It makes me sick when I see a 6 year-old with his I-Pod (Or Zune, Zen, etc.) better than mine (Which is quite common) and only being used to carry like 100 songs. :x
yeah i agree. i got my first system when i was 6 or 7, my nes (which i still have to this day). i knew if it broke or i mistreated it it was gone for good, there was no replacement. this is the main reason why i still have every system and handheld ive ever owned still in the best condition possilbe for the age (almost all the video game stuff i own is my original childhood stuff). i dont make much money right now but i do alright, but sadly there are plenty of kids barely able to read that own electronics that are vastly superior to what i own and they drop them, lose them, or just plain abuse them. makes me sad that lots kids dont understand the value of what they own. maybe its for the best maybe my kids will understand and have thier toys and what-not last and be passed on (as i plan on doing with my video game stuff).

theelk

Post by theelk » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:15 am

My parents do not buy me second copies of any electronic device. My iPod, Powerbook, and PSP are all damaged. They didn't do crap. I know people who get new stuff for the most trivial reasons. And for some reason, only the people who don't deserve it get this kind of parental warranty.
I don't want to make an "I'm leaving" thread, but I've sort of lost interest in this board. So if you notice that I'm gone, that's why.