New Wii-motes will have mics?

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune
New Wii-motes will have mics?

Post by Jongamer » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:18 pm

Read Article here VVVVVVVVVV

Personally I don't think they will build it into the Controller, just as a Side add-on that plugs into the Wii controller.

http://nexgenwars.com/gaming_news/128/N ... ing-6-axis

gannon

Post by gannon » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:13 pm

And here I already thought that it was a speaker/mic combo in there :P

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:29 pm

this is just stupid (if there putting it in the controller)

in an FPS, you might be shooting and want to talk to the person. make fun of them for being a noob. then you know what happens? you either have to put your head down and not be able to look at the screen, or you have to move the thing and lose your aim

twilightprincess

Post by twilightprincess » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:36 pm

wingardium leviosa!!!! (wrong spelling?)

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:21 am

gannon wrote:And here I already thought that it was a speaker/mic combo in there :P
The speaker has a small material over it. That prevents recording through it, or at least dampens it.

That website isn't credible. No proof = crap.

They want publicity because they suck.
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:59 am

Well, if this really is true then you get to buy all your Wiimotes... AGAIN! It fits into Nintendo's "sell them their stuff again" way of doing business.

That site cites no sources, has next to no credibility, and seems to be very biased. Don't trust them for news. How do they even get their console sales figures anyways? (It looks like they BS them.)

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:17 am

bicostp wrote:Well, if this really is true then you get to buy all your Wiimotes... AGAIN! It fits into Nintendo's "sell them their stuff again" way of doing business.

That site cites no sources, has next to no credibility, and seems to be very biased. Don't trust them for news. How do they even get their console sales figures anyways? (It looks like they BS them.)
They're cowboys.. Using old statistics they guess how many systems have been sold, but they're far from accurate. The fact is, a lot of people think they are accurate.

As for relaunching the Wiimote, that's a bit premature. My guess is that the remote will have an add-on at the bottom for a microphone. Ninetndo have never re-released a controller with added features before that make the previous version obsolete.

Exclusive news = a lot of hits which = $$$...

This is made up to get them more hits.
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P