Ds?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

toby dawg
Portablizer
Ds?

Post by toby dawg » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:47 pm

If any of you got a DS, then a psp... do you even use the ds anymore? Mine just gathers dust.
Just wondering? :?

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:48 pm

yup, got one 2 xmas' ago. phat gray one. love it. right now i havnt played it in a while.. waiting for a really good game to come.

toby dawg
Portablizer

Post by toby dawg » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:51 pm

yeah thay are fun but the games arnt very deep (with a few exeptions)
but i got my psp like 4 months ago and my opinion in almost every way possible the ds got owned.

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:56 pm

come again?! :shock:

DS>PSP

its kinda a fact.. the psp is just ports of ps2 games with crap grafix..(it was so hyped to have superb grafix..) DS, while not having awsome grafix, has some of the most fun, if not deep games.. and with one purchase,(M4/M3) you can do EVERYTHING the psp can..

toby dawg
Portablizer

Post by toby dawg » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:01 pm

ya but you dont have to buy anything for the psp for it to do all the good stuff.
how do the graphics suck? there awsosome and especially with the nicer screen.
does anyone here agree?

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:05 pm

well, i respect you, you didnt call the ds kiddy :D

and you have to buy mem cards to do the "good stuff"

khaag

Post by khaag » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:07 pm

toby dawg wrote:yeah thay are fun but the games arnt very deep (with a few exeptions)
but i got my psp like 4 months ago and my opinion in almost every way possible the ds got owned.
You ought to take a look at Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk Room215. IMO, they are AMAZING!
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:08 pm

hey don't knock either!

Both platforms are getting some great titles their way, the PSP is getting a CASTLEVANIA collection as well as some 3d Final fantasies, the DS is getting the new Pokemons and the games out for it now are really good

~Krepticor
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

toby dawg
Portablizer

Post by toby dawg » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:10 pm

ghosstt wrote:well, i respect you, you didnt call the ds kiddy :D

and you have to buy mem cards to do the "good stuff"
tooosheeyyy (big sp?)

toby dawg
Portablizer

Post by toby dawg » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:11 pm

Krepticor wrote:hey don't knock either!

Both platforms are getting some great titles their way, the PSP is getting a CASTLEVANIA collection as well as some 3d Final fantasies, the DS is getting the new Pokemons and the games out for it now are really good

~Krepticor
.....pokemon.... :shock:
:?

Super Cameraman

Post by Super Cameraman » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:11 pm

ghosstt wrote:come again?! :shock:

DS>PSP

its kinda a fact.. the psp is just ports of ps2 games with crap grafix..(it was so hyped to have superb grafix..) DS, while not having awsome grafix, has some of the most fun, if not deep games.. and with one purchase,(M4/M3) you can do EVERYTHING the psp can..
I'm so glad I'm not alone in this! I mean, yes the PSP has better graphics, but the screen, while bigger, is worse then the DS's. How? It blurs. A lot. It looks like motion blur, only unintentional, and ugly. I mean sure, if someone GAVE me a PSP, I would play it, but I would never actually buy one. Ever. And Tetris is DEEP.

-Super
If you're looking at this post and it was made before 2008, just ignore it.

toby dawg
Portablizer

Post by toby dawg » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:20 pm

khaag trace memory does have good graphics... for the ds :shock:

i got homebrew tetris on the psp

i have not noticed the screen blur?

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:25 pm

Tetris DS pwns.

But we've had this arguement countless times. Here's a summary

PSP: PWNZ DS!!!(ONE1111!)!!11!!!!!

DS: 0WNED PSP!!!112!!!1!!1!!!!!!1!111111!11!1111111111!!!!!!!!!(ONEONEONEONEONEONE!!!)!!)!)!111!1

In the end of this coutnless X pwns Y, it was concluded that the two systems are completely different, and thus can't be directly compared.

My opinion: The touch screens adds a dimension of gameplay the breakable PSP's screen will never have. But the DS is only good for Nintendo Roms and Games, where the PSP can play more advanced systems, such as the PS1. But sooner or later the PSP's laser will start to fail, and all the DS owners (or is it PWQNZ0RZ!!!11!!1! ?) will be laughing because they can still USE their DS.

In short: PSP=Now, DS>Forever after that. And still playable.
Hey, sup?

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:28 pm

Krepticor wrote:hey don't knock either!

~Krepticor
! thanks for bringing that up! like 40% of the psp games are collections.. all 2d poop games(a majority) that a gameboy could run :lol:
I'm so glad I'm not alone in this! I mean, yes the PSP has better graphics, but the screen, while bigger, is worse then the DS's. How? It blurs. A lot. It looks like motion blur, only unintentional, and ugly. I mean sure, if someone GAVE me a PSP, I would play it, but I would never actually buy one. Ever. And Tetris is DEEP.

-Super
im so glad someone agrees with me!

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:39 pm

I would only get a PSP, accually I wouldnt get a PSP, I would rather get a a GP2x for my Homebrew stuff, and PSP blows chunks with games, Yeah I always thought that the PSP's Screen was Blurry a lot, while the DS is Near Crystal Clear, I think this Gen's Portable Line is acting like the Super Nintendo Vs Sega Genesis, Except this time around the Not Nintendo Company has Cruddy games.

I think Nintendo will hold on to the DS for more than the Normal Console Cycle (5 years) because the system is THAT good, and if they were to drop the DS, they would at least have to have the Next System Backwards Compatible with the DS games, and I wonder what nintendo has in mind ATM for their Next Gameboy since they Said the DS wasnt going to Take over the Gameboy.

so yeah basically DS=PWNAGE!!!!11101010101010!!!0101010
PSP=SUXORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!10110101010101010!!!!!01010101010!!10