Food poisoning... from Hell!!!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Life of Brian
Food poisoning... from Hell!!!

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:02 pm

Holy moly - I do believe I just experienced my second ever bout with food poisoning. The first was on a Boy Scout campout, and I probably didn't cook my chicken long enough. Hey, I didn't have much experience cooking back then. And tonight I get to blame the lovely cafeteria here at my college. Damn you stir fry and your delicious hidden evil! Damn you! Seriously kids, hurling is the worst feeling on earth. I hate it.

The worst thing right now is I don't even know if I'm done yet.

Anyone else suffered the wrath of food poisoning?

On a freaky-deaky side note, both my parents experienced food poisoning last week, but it was totally unrelated to mine because they were in a different state at the time!
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:14 pm

God man, I know how you feel. I fell victim to my mom's roast beef once, I was puking all night; it was miserable. Just when you think it's all over, it starts to come up again! :X But hey, look on the bright side. If you don't go to class tomorrow, that's a whole day to work on electronics! Hooray! :lol:

Get better, man.

CTFan

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:28 pm

Well, it's kinda put a major kink in the works. I have a major test on Wednesday, but I need to travel home then to go to my friend's funeral. He died on Saturday morning. I'll just have to go to my teacher tomorrow and ask if I can take the test Thursday, but he'll probably make me take it on Tuesday. I haven't studied at all tonight because I've been trying to keep from puking and shivering.

I'm going to miss Chris. I practically lived over at his house 7th through 10th grade.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:47 pm

Ah, dude, I know how it is... I had it with Subway once. If you have to eat ANYTHING, eat popsicles - they're full of sugar and liquid only. Soon enough though, it will be over and you'll feel great as new! Possibly this time will come soon, take a load off and sleep!

Sorry to here about your loss, though.

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:34 am

Ah man I had stuff coming out of both ends of me after eating some eggrolls at some fast food Chinese chain. I was out for 3 days. :?
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:05 am

Sorry to hear about your friend, that's hard to deal with, I know.

As far as food poisoning goes, I had some bad Mexican once last year in college, not fun. I was out for a couple of days with that.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:53 am

I remember at my school, the tofu wasn't cooked fully and I got sick from that. That was horrible.

Shadeslayer

Post by Shadeslayer » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:08 am

I think everyone is sorry about your friend! That is something probably everyone here has delt with.

I had food poisning from peter pan peanut butter. Yeah the kind that everyone was supposed to throw away lol.
Death from my Desk

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:26 am

I got it after eating a doughnut. Darn you Krispy Kreme! :evil:
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:23 am

Jeez these responses are making me to not want to eat ever again anywhere! Seems like one doesn't have a choice but to carry on and hope the odds are in your favor that you won't get sick.

jleemero

Post by jleemero » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am

I only had food poisoning once and it SUCKED.

I hated it, ended up braking a freaking rib...

That is, when I was throwing up over the toilet for the umpteenth time that day, I stood up, started throwing up again, fell, and landed right on the bowl... Broke one rib...

I'm just glad I haven't had it since...

That sucks about your friend.
I've been through that, as I am sure many of us here have...

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:35 am

One time I was in Chicago, and I ate at Buca di Peppo's (I think that's how it's spelled) For those that don't know, this is the kind of place where you make your order, and you get enough to feed 2-4 people, depending on the size you get. Well, my friend (and a few of his friends) went there and had our food. I probably ate a bit too much, I think. Then, later that night, we all went to a hookah lounge (a hookah is like a bong, but with tobacco in it) Yeah, I'm not sure what it was, but I was sick for the next couple days and didn't gain my appetite back fully for at least a week :( It may not have been food poisoning, though, since I was the only one that got sick :?
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Reploid Ayla

Post by Reploid Ayla » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:39 am

So I suppose lesson is learned...

When you eat many things, there is a potential to get an upset stomach. There is a good 60% chance to get sick from eating things like...lets see...dead animals. Because when you eat dead things like arms, legs, chunk of torso, etc. your body is wondering why you just chewed up somebody's body. I remember puking hardcore from a ground beef soft taco at taco bell. Whilst sitting over the toilet wishing I were not alive, I traced the agonizing pain from my stomach and shortly realized it was grade D (same grade used for dog food) ground up dead bodies that made me throw up. Thats when I stopped eating dead animals as a protein source. /preach

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:19 am

Oh go hug a tree. :P You probably just got sick because the meat wasn't cooked thoroughly and was a little off.

The last time I felt violently ill was when I had pop rocks in third grade. I don't know what it is about them but they give me problems. Taco Bell gave me really bad heartburn though. :(

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:21 pm

Reploid Ayla wrote:So I suppose lesson is learned...

When you eat many things, there is a potential to get an upset stomach. There is a good 60% chance to get sick from eating things like...lets see...dead animals. Because when you eat dead things like arms, legs, chunk of torso, etc. your body is wondering why you just chewed up somebody's body. I remember puking hardcore from a ground beef soft taco at taco bell. Whilst sitting over the toilet wishing I were not alive, I traced the agonizing pain from my stomach and shortly realized it was grade D (same grade used for dog food) ground up dead bodies that made me throw up. Thats when I stopped eating dead animals as a protein source. /preach
*Cough* Vegen *Cough*
and yeah like Bic said, but my version "Go hug a tree, then eat it"

Dude You know why we have those K-9 teeth, FOR MEAT not veggies.
Its funny how all Vegans are very PALE.