Benheck first (possibly last) annual Bondo open!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:22 pm

For convienence:

Nes Division(Battle Royal):
Hatrix
Dark Lord
GForce
Skyone

Snes Division(One-on-One):
Triton
Turbo

N64 Division(One-on-One):
Spinout
Me(eventually)

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

G-force

Post by G-force » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:47 pm

I never thought this would turn out as well as it has! Amazing! Thanks to Kurt for getting it all started. And for Ben, who without we would never even be here.

My thoughts on this so far...

Most ingenuitive: Skyone. I can just see someone getting whacked over the head with those things. Sweet! Are they made out of PVC sky?

If a babys bottom was smooth, and a SNES controller it would be: Tie between Turbo and Triton.

Most likely to blind you with it's awsome bondo shinyness: Hatrix.

Most likely to be eaten by a small child: G-force

So has anyone actually finished the electronics part? I haven't even started... shouldn't take long though. I'm still painting right now. It looks much better!

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:23 pm

G-force wrote:
So has anyone actually finished the electronics part? I haven't even started... shouldn't take long though. I'm still painting right now. It looks much better!
:P i love how no one is really done yet
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:35 pm

I'll try my best to complete mine soon, I just got strep throat, so I dunno... :|

EDIT: Oh, G-Force - all PVC, yes. :P Except the caps of the tubing, which are plexi.
Last edited by Skyone on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:42 pm

mine works except for the as of yet not connected L and R buttons, i didnt have to modify the controller board at all except round off 2 corners! need a bit more behind the board on the right side tho it isnt pushed forward quite enough

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:16 am

Triton wrote:GOOD NEWS: i got the camera back!
BAD NEWS: i cant find the damn cord now :?

EDIT!: found a cord! here they are!
CRACKS!

Shame on you... This was a bondo contest, not a frankencase contest.. You have cracks in your bondo... Nice Frankencase though.
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:18 am

G-force wrote:I never thought this would turn out as well as it has! Amazing! Thanks to Kurt for getting it all started. And for Ben, who without we would never even be here.

My thoughts on this so far...

Most ingenuitive: Skyone. I can just see someone getting whacked over the head with those things. Sweet! Are they made out of PVC sky?

If a babys bottom was smooth, and a SNES controller it would be: Tie between Turbo and Triton.

Most likely to blind you with it's awsome bondo shinyness: Hatrix.

Most likely to be eaten by a small child: G-force

Yeah mine works perfectly.. I just have to drive 2 more screws into the back to hold it all together. The first two screws have popped their threads.
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.

Mageslayer

Post by Mageslayer » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:54 am

Ouch, Triton got TOLD. These are all awesome though. Great work guys.
I once wrote:My head may be in the clouds, but the view up here is breathtaking.
"What kind of a monster are you?"
"The kind that killed your family."

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:28 am

yea i know their are cracks, but when your case is made from NINE seperate peices hotglued together its not overly supprising that there would be some cracks! if i had taken more time i could have filled them but i was bored of it already!

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:04 am

Triton wrote:yea i know their are cracks, but when your case is made from NINE seperate peices hotglued together its not overly supprising that there would be some cracks! if i had taken more time i could have filled them but i was bored of it already!
True, My surface has a few impurities that I could have ironed out with a bit more time, but I got lazy, so I left them.. They're hardly that noticable anyway, only under certain light.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:47 am

EnterTheHatrix wrote:They're hardly that noticable anyway, only under certain light.
So is that why you won't turn on a damn light when taking pictures? We know how shiny it is from the paint, but I can tell of your bondo job.

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:01 pm

Skyone wrote:
EnterTheHatrix wrote:They're hardly that noticable anyway, only under certain light.
So is that why you won't turn on a damn light when taking pictures? We know how shiny it is from the paint, but I can tell of your bondo job.
The lighting in this room is piss poor, and I was at college today, and yesterday it wasn't sunny.. My camera doesn't work very well with arty lighting, so I need to take pictures on a nice sunny day.. Tomorrow should hopefully be good, and I'm home.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:21 pm

EnterTheHatrix wrote:
Skyone wrote:
The lighting in this room is piss poor, and I was at college today, and yesterday it wasn't sunny.. My camera doesn't work very well with arty lighting, so I need to take pictures on a nice sunny day.. Tomorrow should hopefully be good, and I'm home.
i dont care about if it doesnt look very good in light i would at least be able to see what it is all i see is a black glasses case with leds :lol:
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:38 pm

Everybody did an awesome job that i've seen so far!

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:55 am

dudex77 wrote:
EnterTheHatrix wrote:
Skyone wrote:
i dont care about if it doesnt look very good in light i would at least be able to see what it is all i see is a black glasses case with leds :lol:
The case IS black... So, really, that's all you need to see.

I'll take some inside shots of the inside of the case.. It's nice and sunny at the moment, but I've got to go and pick up batteries later on when the stores are open.