FS: 10+ Thinkpad 600e Laptops PRICEDROP $40

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

Dark Savant0
FS: 10+ Thinkpad 600e Laptops PRICEDROP $40

Post by Dark Savant0 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:32 pm

NO MORE PAYMENTS ACCEPTED UNLESS I HAVE PM'ED YOU WITHIN THE LAST HALF HOUR AS OF 8:55 PM EST. ANYONE WHO HAS ALREADY SENT PAYMENT IS GUARANTEED A LAPTOP. ALL OTHERS ARE SUBJECT TO REFUND

Ok, so I have made a deal with my school's IT Manager. He has all these Thinkpad 600es just sitting in a drawer, but since they don't have network cards, he has never deployed them (too much of a hassle). They were donations from a Bank of America apparently.

Anywho, the deal was I sell them for him and he gets pocket money for miscellaneous stuff he needs (Case fans, extra hard drives) to keep the school's tech working, and I get to pocket a small portion of each sale, as long as I do all the grunt work. :\

So here is my deal for you guys. I have loaded the machines with a choice of Operating Systems and software. Specs for each machine are as follows:

Code: Select all

Operating Systems (Choose One)

- Win98SE w/Autopatcher Update
- Puppy Linux (2.14 or Latest as of Shipping Date)
- Ubuntu (Latest as of 5 Days Before Shipping, any released Freely downloadable version, Xubuntu or Ubuntu Preferred)

Intel Pentium II 300mhz Processor
PC66 64MB and 32MB RAM (128MB Total)
Ultrabay Battery and Battery (both DOA)
Official Power Supply
6GB Hard Drive (You might get 10GB, luck of the draw here)
NO FDD OR CDD
1 USB Port
Proprietary TV-Out Port (Cable NOT included)
13.3" LCD
Power Supply (Forgot to add this :P )
I do realize these Thinkpads aren't in the best condition battery-wise (I have only tested one of the battery sets, and it was dead, so I can only presume), I do know that they can be refilled (I sent a set off to Batteryrefill.com and it came back like-new). Therefore, I cannot guarantee ANY sort of battery life.

Other items of note:

Code: Select all

- Some may have scuff marks where paint is chipped off, nothing major and not on all of them.
- The BIOS Batteries will need to be replaced on most of them. I have successfully charged the laptop overnight and revived the BIOS battery on one, so you might be able to do the same on yours. The laptops might give a BIOS error on startup, so I suggest charging it overnight before starting it up.
- There are no network cards for any of these. I was going to buy a set of 10 to sell with each, but decided it was going to add an unnecessary amount and that you guys might have other preferred brands.
- I will charge extra to test all the ports on the laptop because of time constraints, but only $3. Not necessary IMO because they seem in relatively good condition.
So yeah. Asking price is NOW $40 shipped via Paypal within the Continental United States(Extra if using PayPal with a credit card, PM before sending money for the alternate Paypal address).

All laptops will be shipped via USPS flat-rate shipping with Insurance and Delivery Confirmation valued at $40. Other shipping methods will cost extra, as will shipping out of the Country, unless you have a FedexKinkos account or similar that I can charge. PM me if your circumstances are special and we can arrange a deal. NO SHIPMENTS TO NIGERIA OR SIMILAR

I guarantee all laptops I send will not be DOA. All "features" as some might say are stated EXPLICITLY, and any changes to my policies will be added in my subsequent post. I have sold many things on this forum before and have bought things as well, so I can assure you I will not cheat anyone out. It is the Savant Stamp of Approvalâ„¢.

FIRST COME FIRST SERVE! ANY UNSOLD LAPTOPS BY THE 30TH OF APRIL GO TO EBAY!

Please send payment to dreamsavant [AT]gmail . com . I reserve the right to cancel any shipments based on bad feedback on this forum for any member. Payment will be held for 3 Days until cleared with MY bank.
Last edited by Dark Savant0 on Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:54 pm

I may want one or two, would it be a bit less if I got two? My birthday is coming up, so I think I'll be able to convince my parents to get me one. And do they come with power adapters?

Dark Savant0

Post by Dark Savant0 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:11 pm

Woops. Yeah, they do each come with power adapters. The official ones, of course. :P

As for lowering prices, it depends mostly on shipping. Let me know when you are ready to buy and I will let you know what is available.

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:51 am

How much do you want?

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

Dark Savant0

Post by Dark Savant0 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:39 am

$50 shipped in the United States. Otherwise, I will have to look at it on a case-by-case basis.

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:44 am

£25 for a lappy... still shipping to UK will suck.

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

paul4990

Post by paul4990 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:38 pm

how much to ship to uk?

Dark Savant0

Post by Dark Savant0 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:26 pm

Could you give an address for your location? Perhaps that will help me focus the price range a bit. Also, it might help if you gave me a preferred Shipping Company. Perhaps you have an account with DHL or FedexKinko's that I can charge directly and only bill you the price of the laptop?

Noobitizer

Post by Noobitizer » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:24 pm

how much would the card be and i dont know how to really buy things off of forums. would it be able to play movies or empire earth cause that game is the bomb but my parents wont let me have a computer in my room. so i would get this and they just wont know about it

Dark Savant0

Post by Dark Savant0 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:00 am

PayPal is the ONLY way I will accept payments. Just easier to do so this way.

Unless you have your movie on a USB stick or similar, it won't do so because there is no cd drive. Kinda why I am asking you guys what Operating System you want on the machine before I ship it; makes using it a whole lot easier.

As for network cards, I am not willing to pay for any because of the initial outlay (something like $40) and the fact that you guys could probably find similar elsewhere. Besides, you might want a wireless card, and well, I am not giving up any of mine. ;)

Hope this clears up any questions.

Dark Savant0

Post by Dark Savant0 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:14 pm

Well, I am going to update a little. I have just sold two 600es (actually, one is still pending clearance via PayPal), but I still have plenty of supply left. Don't miss out! I assure you these machines are rock-solid and with the updates I do to the systems, they perform as snappily and securely as even some modern systems!

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:27 pm

can a CD drive be attached? If it cant, thats Ok I have some ideas.

Dark Savant0

Post by Dark Savant0 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:08 pm

You can either use a USB cd drive (I got mine from Goodwill) or buy an Ultrabay one from ebay for around $15 shipped.

I personally bought a DVD-Burner for the one I use, as well as upgraded the Processor to a PIII. All I need now is to try and install a small Thinklight...

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:14 pm

How fast can you upgrade the processor to? Max amount of RAM?

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:23 pm

another thing: should I buy a mouse or does it have a built in mouse touch thing on it?